Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COSTCO EXPERIENCE  (Read 21140 times)

FJL

Re: THE COSTCO EXPERIENCE
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2008, 08:16:13 AM »

I have nothing to say except:  Are we on page 3 yet?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »

I have nothing to say except:  Are we on page 3 yet?

You are, anyway.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2008, 08:19:02 AM »

I am going to valiantly struggle to get my two 14 disc boxed set reviews finished today.  This evening is the recording session for Pacific Pops' "heavy metal" concert.  The 12 year old guitarist friend of Gabe's I enlisted to play guitar, after telling me for a week he had been practicing, had his mother call us last night to inform us that in actuality he had lost the music and had not been practicing.  Oy.  So I have nascent feelings of disaster about the recording session tonight.

Nascent Feelings of Disaster is, of course, the title of the next Pacific Pops session.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2008, 08:45:46 AM »

I received a PM this morning here, but it did not alert me that there was a new message - is that a preference I need to set? It did alert me the last time I got one, which was on the new board, so I'm not sure why it didn't this time.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2008, 08:47:57 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I slept in (again) today.  -I blame the rain.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2008, 08:48:22 AM »

I think I found it - I ticked the box that said show popup when you have new messages.  But how did I receive the popup before?  Maybe things reset when we were hacked.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2008, 08:48:58 AM »

I received a PM this morning here, but it did not alert me that there was a new message - is that a preference I need to set? It did alert me the last time I got one, which was on the new board, so I'm not sure why it didn't this time.

The notification could just be running slow.  -Or check your Spam folder, just in case.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2008, 08:51:42 AM »

~~~~~VIBES TO DR VIXMOM~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2008, 08:55:45 AM »

DR singdaw - Oohh.... Should I have posted a "Spoiler Alert" before my "culture report" last night? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2008, 08:59:04 AM »

I got a notification via e-mail, that's not the prob.  Normally when you get a PM here you get a notification when you come to the board - a pop-up window.  It's always been there, even on the new board, but when I went into the PM settings of my profile, the pop-up box wasn't ticked.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »

I got a notification via e-mail, that's not the prob.  Normally when you get a PM here you get a notification when you come to the board - a pop-up window.  It's always been there, even on the new board, but when I went into the PM settings of my profile, the pop-up box wasn't ticked.

Well, you can also just check the message status listing at the top of each page.  -If you see that "# are New", then you know you have a message.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »

It was a very short stay in Toyland and I've already made the fixes and adjustments in my various reports. Now it's time to walk up to physical therapy.  The HMO referral arrived via fax so all is well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 09:31:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were an experience, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently at Costco buying huge things of cud.

Speaking as one who grew up in a farming community, the idea of "huge things of cud" is enough to make me want to vomit on the ground.  :D

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »

Good morning all.  Toby and played a few rounds of an amusing game of "who can stay awake longer" last night.  Current score:  Toby - 3, Mommy - zip.  We begin by getting into a semi-comfortable position in bed to nurse...and I sit in the dark and hope he falls asleep and I can move him ever-so-carefully on to his bed beside me, and then roll over myself.  Two hours later I wake up with a crick in my neck from leaning against the wall, with a happy baby sleeping cozily up against my body...his preferred place to sleep.  By that time he's hungry again and we start the game over.  Someday, I will win!

In other news, Toby is exactly two months old today!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2008, 09:35:14 AM »

HUGE VIBES AND PRAYERS TO VIXMOM!!!!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »

Happy 2-month birthday to SB (sweet baby) Toby!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2008, 09:41:12 AM »

Oohh.... Should I have posted a "Spoiler Alert" before my "culture report" last night? ;)

Nah.  I know how it ends.  Although I do have an interesting question to ask you about it, the next time I see you.

singdaw

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2008, 09:42:12 AM »

I wonder if DR George will be purchasing the 5th anniversary edition of Wicked's cast album, with an exclusive second disc?  :D

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2008, 09:43:31 AM »

Update on DFIL - Jed's dad is still in the VA hospital in Seattle.  They aren't able to find any sign of infection that could be causing the white blood cell count to be so low (it was hovering around 200 yesterday, for those who might understand numbers) so their best guess is that there is something wrong in his bone marrow that is causing the white blood cells not to be produced.  There are medications he can take that will hopefully solve the problem.  He's having a bone marrow biopsy today and we should hopefully know more after that.

Thank you all so very much for the continued vibes!!! DR Jed and I both appreciate them. 

singdaw

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »

***CONTINUED MEDICAL VIBES***
to the father of DR Jed!!!

Oh, and by the way, DR Ann...  I choose Cake!  ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »

* * * * *  Health Vibes for DR Jed's Father  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »

Continued vibes for SB Toby's grandfather!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »

Obama has finally won North Carolina.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »

Back from the long jog.  I was going to go directly to the mail place to get my DHL package, but Druxy has arrived fifteen minutes early (good thing I went early on the jog).

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2008, 10:30:27 AM »

Vibes for the varied and sundried parents and our own DR Vixomom....everyone be well!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2008, 10:34:08 AM »

Good morning all.  Toby and played a few rounds of an amusing game of "who can stay awake longer" last night.  Current score:  Toby - 3, Mommy - zip.  We begin by getting into a semi-comfortable position in bed to nurse...and I sit in the dark and hope he falls asleep and I can move him ever-so-carefully on to his bed beside me, and then roll over myself.  Two hours later I wake up with a crick in my neck from leaning against the wall, with a happy baby sleeping cozily up against my body...his preferred place to sleep.  By that time he's hungry again and we start the game over.  Someday, I will win!

You might try one of these:

Designed by a pediatric physical therapist! This developmental pillow is more ergonomic than others, and more versatile, too. Bend or twist it as needed — it's terrific for nursing, sitting, self-feeding, and tummy time. Unlike evenly stuffed pillows, it's flatter at the curve for baby's comfort and baby can't slide off, either (a common complaint with the leading pillow). Healthier for treating reflux, thanks to the correctly angled wedge accessory. Includes prop roll. Made in USA. For newborns-15 months.

Available at ONE STEP AHEAD

You might enjoy the site - I spent a small fortune "outfitting" my daughter and Grandlads there.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And I believe it's time for me to get off the couch and off my duff and head out into the Big City for a couple of hours.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:22 AM »

I would include no modern film on my list because all modern films use way too much CGI to change color and lighting.

I know the topic was "photography", but to most viewers what counts is what's on the screen, not how it got there. The correct use of computer tools to adjust lighting as opposed to electric lights or camera/film manipulation is just a creator's choice of tools to effect an artistic visualization.

der Brucer

Anticipating a horse racing comment :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »

HUGE VIBES AND PRAYERS TO VIXMOM!!!!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ann, if you shorten the number of well deserved vibes for VixMom you will keep us out of wide screen.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 10:51:38 AM »

MEGA VIBES TO VIXMOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up