Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COMPLETE FEET  (Read 16909 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: COMPLETE FEET
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »

Oy! I need one more storage carton.  I've been rearranging the bookshelves and I keep thinking, oh, this can go!  I've got THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA for company but in 30 minutes I'm going to watch a movie on the Hallmark channel.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »

I wish I could fill a bunch of boxes of stuff and get them out of my house!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »

I should fill a bunch of boxes of stuff and get them out of my house.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »

If this pack rat can do it, anyone can. I am keeping my first editions of Stephen Kiing (CARRIE and THE SHINING), since they may pay for my nursing home, as well as a few others, but  I sent a lot of signed books to Miami U.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »

Have you a good sized one to fit Sandra?

Where do you take boxes of crawdad shells?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2008, 05:42:11 PM »

I will never cease to be amazed.

I am reminded of the comments from my High School faculty upon rejecting our application to form a Rocket Club:

Rocketry is too frivolous a pursuit for serious students.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »

Does your office do Secret Santa gifts?

der Brucer

Laura

« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2008, 05:53:05 PM »

Crawdad shells are a great addition to a compost pile.

Laura

« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »

I don't have anything worth giving away; mine needs to be thrown away.

Laura

« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2008, 05:55:38 PM »

I did pack up a box of stuff once and send it to a Dear Reader (who might be a Dear Lurker now). I hope he found it useful.

Jane

« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2008, 05:56:01 PM »

I think Bryan had a rocket club in high school.  Weather or not it was official I'm not sure.  I remember purchasing rockets for him to set off at school. ;D

The school had very nice fields behind it & I remember Keith & I going with Bryan on a weekend to tests the rockets.  It was fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »

I've just been lazy all day.  The telephonic call never came, so maybe the person is waiting until tomorrow, in which case you can transfer your vibes and xylophones to tomorrow.  I went to Islands and had the now-smaller burger - very good, and they now give you a small amount of fries with it - and they were excellent - about the same number of fries you'd get in a small size at McDonald's.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »

I will never cease to be amazed.

I am reminded of the comments from my High School faculty upon rejecting our application to form a Rocket Club:

Rocketry is too frivolous a pursuit for serious students.

der Brucer

THat is a truly amazing sight!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »

Bruce, phone vibes for tomorrow!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »

I then watched another terrific Route 66 episode, this one directed by Arthur Hiller and guest-starring Elizabeth Seal, who must have been in LA doing the road tour of Irma La Douce.  We get to see her dance, and the entire show is shot both outside and inside CBS Television City.  Harvey Lembeck was also in it, along with Akim Tamiroff and a short appearance by a super cute Elaine Joyce.  Miss Seal was really good - and there were things in the script that were eerily like A Chorus Line scenes - Miss Seal was, as some might remember, cast as Cassie in the London premiere of ACL, but fired by Bennett just a week before opening.  Miss McKechnie was flown in and recreated her role there.  I wonder what went wrong with Seal, because she seems so right for it and was a terrific dancer.  I wonder if the story is in one of the ACL books, all of which are in boxes, unfortunately.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2008, 06:09:41 PM »

Another episode I glanced at a bit of featured impossibly young James Caan and Martin Sheen, the latter with his real teeth.  Mr. Sheen's real teeth were one of the ugliest sets of real teeth I've ever seen - don't know when exactly that he capped them, but had he not done so he would have not had the career he had.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2008, 06:20:59 PM »

DR Druxy, introducing a new cat to Annie could be more complicated than introducing a new dog to the dogs.  You are wise to wait until after the move, which could solve the problem.  I have found moving sometimes changes a few habits.

We have moved multiple cats around the country. 

My first tip, NEVER open the car door unless the cat is in the carrier.  I assure you that was not a fun activity with 4 cats in the car.

How is Annie in the car?  Maybe you can take her for short rides to let her know the car doesn't mean going to the vet.  On the whole, most of our cats did fine.  Many cried the first hour or several hours & then were fine.  Many were fine right from the start.  Two of our cats needed mild tranquilizers the first day (test the dosage at home if you think it is needed).   We made sure there was plenty of water for them to drink during the trip, & that the two nervous cats drank it so they didn’t become dehydrated. 

While the doors were shut & the car was moving we let the cats out of their carriers.  You might want to microchip Annie and/or put a collar with a tag on her.

Oh, don’t forget to take all the pet & people medical records.   

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm seriously thinking of paying the extra money and flying her to Austin in a seat next to me. 
You can dream…or you can do.

MBarnum

« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2008, 06:21:55 PM »

BK, one of the episodes in that ROUTE 66 set features a guest shot by a former Dear Reader!. Keep an eye out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2008, 06:55:17 PM »

Yes, I've been waiting to find the SG episode - but I've skipped a few and hopefully she wasn't one of them - I'm hoping she's in one of the LA episodes, of which there are several on the final disc - those are what I'm watching next.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »

The tv ad for AUSTRALIA has Nicole Kidman saying something lilke, "no matter when, no matter how, I will find you." It's sounds almost like the line Daniel Day Lewis had in LAST OF THE MOHICANS. A coincidence? I think not.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2008, 07:14:37 PM »

DR Druxy, introducing a new cat to Annie could be more complicated than introducing a new dog to the dogs.  You are wise to wait until after the move, which could solve the problem.  I have found moving sometimes changes a few habits.

We have moved multiple cats around the country. 

My first tip, NEVER open the car door unless the cat is in the carrier.  I assure you that was not a fun activity with 4 cats in the car.

How is Annie in the car?  Maybe you can take her for short rides to let her know the car doesn't mean going to the vet.  On the whole, most of our cats did fine.  Many cried the first hour or several hours & then were fine.  Many were fine right from the start.  Two of our cats needed mild tranquilizers the first day (test the dosage at home if you think it is needed).   We made sure there was plenty of water for them to drink during the trip, & that the two nervous cats drank it so they didn’t become dehydrated. 

While the doors were shut & the car was moving we let the cats out of their carriers.  You might want to microchip Annie and/or put a collar with a tag on her.

Oh, don’t forget to take all the pet & people medical records.  

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm seriously thinking of paying the extra money and flying her to Austin in a seat next to me. 

Not a bad idea, especially if you can fly non-stop. I would not use a tranquilizer for a flight.  Our son's girlfriend flew the cat from Bucharest to Pittsburgh.  She said they put the cat up front in first class.  Not that the cat knew the difference since she was in her crate.

In a car you can get up a little cat box & water.  On our trip from Michigan to the Bay area the company moved us & payed the cost of renting a van.  I had Keith remove a row of seats from the van & put them on the moving truck.  It gave us extra room for 4 people, 4 cats, one large dog, along with our most precious belongings including books, comic books, baseball cards, & our important papers.

Boy, did we have fun.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2008, 07:14:40 PM »

I'm not so sure a small turkey will make a good playmate for Sheena, but whatever you think is best...

;D  ROTFLMAO!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »

'night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »

hello posting from lacc, waiting for the theater to open.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »

Feeling a bit out of sorts... cant quite put my finger on it
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »

I watched six more STAR TREK episodes tonight. Among them was the famous one when the boys were seemingly transported to 1881 Tombstone to fight the Earps at the O.K. Corral. I have not seen every episode that I'm watching, but I had seen this one before. I had it on one of the original issues of STAR TREK on DVD.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

When I finished that episode, I fished out the original DVD issue so I could compare the two. Of course, these remasters are famous for having replaced the special effects shots, and they've done a beautiful job with that. I'm sure purists are screaming bloody murder, but the new fly-bys and other special effects shots do look so much better.

Color is richer and more deeply saturated; a little more contrast has been added with some of the brightness toned down also giving the picture a richer look. Yes, these now look about the best a show from that era could ever look on standard DVD.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »

The show never seemed to use the big name guest stars of other shows of the era. In fact, of the six I've watched, the only two really famous stars I've seen have been Diana Muldaur and Michael Ansara.

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »

Well, that's enough surfing for tonight. I'm going to head downstairs to bed now.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2008, 09:09:21 PM »

DR Cilla I had to look up the definition for "floating floor" & found it is an installation method.  Now I understand the concept, have you decided on the material you will use?

The one I'm looking at now is a laminate that looks like stone. Here's a link http://tinyurl.com/6n3f5n

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up