Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SLEEPING BEAUTY  (Read 18376 times)

td

• td
Re: SLEEPING BEAUTY
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ "NO MORE ANNOYANCE" VIBES FOR THE ESTEEMED BK ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »

Finding vibes for the NYC guy.....but it sounds like it's about more than what he says....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »

Well we are back from Church - teh Vixter sang beautifully - I pronouceed almost all of the words in the two Lessons properly and avoided tripping on the way up and down the pulpit so all in all we are proud of ourselves

It was a bit of an emotional time since I was serving the coffee between services today -  I havce beena member of this church since 1966 - there are elderly member who have known me since I was a little girl and there are members my age who I have grown up with and since I have taught Sunday School  preschool, kindergarten and first grade  classes for the past 20years there are few  "kids" 25 or udner that I haven't taught -

the news has spread and the outpouring of support and help has been overwhelming - I am truly blessed       

We put you on our prayer chain today at the church I music direct for, Vixmom, so you're bi-coastal.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2008, 12:18:39 PM »

Kevin Kelly wrote in ONE SINGULAR SENSATION:

"During a similar hiatus before the marriage she [Donna McKechnie] had flown to Londond, where he [Michael Bennett] was in the midst of a fierce squabble with British Equity over the West End CHORUS LINE.

"The squabble had them headlined in the Fleet Street tabloids.  It also deepened Michael Bennett's paranoia, blackened his Malta tours.

At issue was the casting of elfin (the 41 -one year old) Elizabeth Seal, whom Bennett found unacceptable as Cassie.  Elizabeth Sael had been a hit in London in 1958 as the only female in the cast of IRMA la DOUCE, a hit she duplicated on Broadway two years later.  But she was not up to Bennett's standard.  She didn't ahve the grace or stamina for the 'Music and the Mirror' number.  She was nothing like Donna McKechnie, his 'favorite instrument.'

"Michael Bennet fired Elizabeth Seal, who suddenly emerged as both the darling of the London theater scene and an endangered species.  Bennett hired a Lithuanian dancer named Petra Siniawaski."

I guess there was a big Equity flap when Donna came over to train Petra.....this may have been covered better in other books on Bennett or ACL.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »

DR elmore, regarding ACCIDENTAL FRIENDSHIP....  I too would have found difficulty buying the premise except for the fact it is a true story.

There are so many young homeless people in our small town I would like to think I could be so noble.  The most I do is carry dog treats.  While many of the dogs purpose seem to be to help the person beg, others are obviously loved & cared for as best as possible.

I do feel for you with what you have to deal with.

"Based on a true story" is one of the most overused lines in TV movie history - who knows how true the story was/is?

This is not exactly new - Anna wrote this for Lifetime years ago (maybe five?) - it sat there like so much fish, then went elsewhere, and ended up at Hallmark this year.

And after all these years the women are still friends.  There must be a good amount of truth in the story.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2008, 12:21:42 PM »

Bruce, vibes for the missing item!

Jane

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »

From Cilla:
The one I'm looking at now is a laminate that looks like stone. Here's a link http://tinyurl.com/6n3f5n

Did you finish all of the drywall work yourself or just part of it?  I’m glad you have put his tools to good use.  I wouldn’t know what to do with them.

The Vixter

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to do a project for english where I need to cast actors in Catcher in the Rye, then explain why I think they'd be good.  BUT I CAN'T FIND A GOOD ACTOR FOR ALLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE RESPOND BACK AND HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! There is a list of characters below, both cast and un-cast, with the movies that I know they where in that teenagers would reconize:
Holden-Daniel Radcliffe (Harry potter-Harry Potter)
Stradlater-Orlando Bloom (Lord of the Rings-Legolas/ Pirates of the Caribbean-Will Turner)
Ackley- Haley Joel Osment(The Sixth Sense-Cole Sear)
Mr. Spencer-Michael Gambon (Harry Potter-Dumbledore)
Sally Haynes-Emma Watson(Harry Potter-Hermione)
Jane Gallagher- Dakota Fanning(Hide and Seek-Emily Callaway/ War of the Worlds- Rachel Ferrier)
Sonny- Emily Osment (Hannah Montana-Lily Truscott/ Spy kids 2-Gerti Giggles)
Maurice-Alan Rickman(Harry Potter-Severus Snape/ Galaxy Quest-Dr. Lazarus/ Die Hard-Hans Gruber)
Carl Luce-Anthony Rapp(Rent-Mark)
Phoebe- Lucy Boynton(Ballet shoes-Posy Fossil)
Allie-
Mr. Antolini-Johnny Depp(Edward Scissorhands-Edward Scissorhands/ Pirates of the Caribean- Jack Sparrow/ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Willy Wonka/ Sweeny Todd-Sweeny Todd/ Nightmare on Elm Street-Glen Lantz/ Finding Neverland-J.M.Barrie)

PLEASE POST HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss you all! Have a good weekend!! Bye!!!!!!!
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

I have no problem enjoying a movie like ACCIDENTAL FRIENDSHIP. I am completely able to suspend disbelief when watching just about any type of movie, and particularly "feel good" movies, which are my favorite!

I am not one that demands "reality" from the films I watch...what's the point. They are telling a story. It does not have to be real. The gripe I always hear from people who don't like old classic movies is because they aren't "real" enough. I say hogwash to that.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »

Kudos to Panni for finally getting her piece produced.  "It's not where you start...."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »

I watched part of an episode of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA.....it was even more horrible than DR ELMORE has said.

I do not understand these shows that have NO point except to show the vacuous lives of people who in any other culture would not be a role model for anybody....I.E. - THE HILLS, THE REAL WORLD, THE REAL WIVES OF....., and many others.

At least SURVIVOR, AMAZING RACE, and even PROJECT RUNWAY have a reason....someone gets some fame and money for doing something....not just existing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2008, 12:50:38 PM »

Hogwash.....isn't that where Harry Potter goes to school?

DR VIXTER.....I am afraid I have no names to offer......

The Vixter

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2008, 01:06:35 PM »

;) that's alright. I'll figure out somthing... I hope... ???

And he goes to Hogwarts.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »

Some long telephone conversations interrupted my afternoon a couple of times today. Always enjoy talking to friends even when I get behind with work.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »

I did get THE SHIELD watched, and with only two more episodes left, the noose is tightening around the necks of several kep players. I am REALLY going to miss this show when it's gone.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2008, 01:22:18 PM »

I did get 3 1/3 episodes of STAR TREK watched. My favorite of the three had the always terrific Michael Dunn living in a Utopian society where people had telekenetic powers. Barbara Babcock was also a guest star in that episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »

These remasterings really do look sensational (for the most part). There will be an occasional shot that obviously they couldn't match to the rest of the footage, but otherwise, the aspect ratio is the only thing that gives away that these shows aren't being made now. (Well, and the what seems now to be lethargic pacing of a different era of TV production.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2008, 01:25:07 PM »

Back from a loverly visit and trek with our DR Ben to the wilds of New Jerseyin searchof that Shangri-la, the Princeton Record Exchange. As with all good flea markets, the product is only as good as what's there, so I found none of what I was hoping to find for Chridtmas gifts, but I did find for myself a couple of operas and a DVD of Jack Benny's TO BE OR NOT TO BE.

After parting with DR Ben at Penn Station I walked up 8th Avenue to Staples and purchased 4 more storage boxes. Genug ist genug!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »

On TV Tonight!™

ABC - EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, BROTHERS & SISTERS
CBS - AMAZING RACE, COLD CASE, THE UNIT
NBC - NFL Football (Cowboys Vs. Redskins)
HBO - TRUE BLOOD
SHO - DEXTER, BROTHERHOOD

Laura

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »

I'm sorry I have no suggestions for you, Vixter, as I have never read "Catcher in the Rye."
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »

Vixmom, a small, but loving, congregation in Arizona is praying for you.

Laura

« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »

Interestingly, I asked how things went last week, but no one will say anything.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »

Finished up my afternoon surf in record time (and with no sea spray in my eyes), and am headed down now to clean my bathroom, put away the sorted laundry, and then get back to the Starship Enterprise.

WBBL.

The Vixter

« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2008, 01:51:30 PM »

MATT H.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WHO WOULD BE A GOOD ACTOR FOR A TEN YEAR OLD BOY!!!!(I'm not screaming: I'm hyperventilating.) HHHHHHHHEELLLLLLLPPPPplease.
PLEASE REVIEW THIS LIST OF ACTORS AND TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN COME UP WITH A GOOD ACTOR FOR ALLIE THAT TEENS WOULD KNOW, AND IF YOU CAN, BETTER ONE S THEN THE ONES I ALREADY HAVE UP. I AM ON MY HANDS AND KNEES!!!!!!!! PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE HELP ME!!!!!!! This is the list:

Holden-Daniel Radcliffe (Harry potter-Harry Potter)
Stradlater-Orlando Bloom (Lord of the Rings-Legolas/ Pirates of the Caribbean-Will Turner)
Ackley- Haley Joel Osment(The Sixth Sense-Cole Sear)
Mr. Spencer-Michael Gambon (Harry Potter-Dumbledore)
Sally Haynes-Emma Watson(Harry Potter-Hermione)
Jane Gallagher- Dakota Fanning(Hide and Seek-Emily Callaway/ War of the Worlds- Rachel Ferrier)
Sonny- Emily Osment (Hannah Montana-Lily Truscott/ Spy kids 2-Gerti Giggles)
Maurice-Alan Rickman(Harry Potter-Severus Snape/ Galaxy Quest-Dr. Lazarus/ Die Hard-Hans Gruber)
Carl Luce-Anthony Rapp(Rent-Mark)
Phoebe- Lucy Boynton(Ballet shoes-Posy Fossil)
Allie-
Mr. Antolini-Johnny Depp(Edward Scissorhands-Edward Scissorhands/ Pirates of the Caribean- Jack Sparrow/ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Willy Wonka/ Sweeny Todd-Sweeny Todd/ Nightmare on Elm Street-Glen Lantz/ Finding Neverland-J.M.Barrie)

Please help me, or my teacher will flunk me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and J.D. Salinger might sue me for being so evil to his book...

PLEASE RESPOND BACK THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Sends you many virtual coookie bribes)

Laura

« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2008, 01:54:37 PM »

One of the Jonas Brothers?

Laura

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2008, 01:57:11 PM »

I am very sad that "The Drowsy Chaperone" never made it to Phoenix on tour. I saw it in NY with my sister and loved it.

The Vixter

« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »

One of the Jonas Brothers?

O_O""  Good one.

The Vixter

« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »

I'm sorry I have no suggestions for you, Vixter, as I have never read "Catcher in the Rye."

And now I am sad...er

Jane

« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »

And now I am sad...er

I'm not.  I did not like the book.  My younger son loved it.  I will call him & see if he has any suggestions.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »

I've been watching Route 66.  I'm trying to figure out exactly when Mr. Maharis disappeared from the show.  I'd skipped to the final disc to watch the LA episodes - he does not appear in any of them.  In the first two they explain his absence in a one-sided phone call with Milner - some kind of mysterious virus.  They drop that pretense in the final two episodes and just don't mention him, although he has full billing in his usual position.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up