Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BUMPER CARS  (Read 31514 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re: BUMPER CARS
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2008, 05:40:03 PM »

I don't know if BK has ever asked this, but here's a question that should bring back memories:

What is the first professional stage play (or musical) you ever saw?
Jane Powell and Edward Mulhare in My Fair Lady.  A women's club that my mother belonged to gathered there with husbands and some of their progeny, therefor the family went.  It was done in the round.  During the race portion of the Ascot Gavotte, the horses were projected racing around the back wall of the theater.

The theater itself was located in the far western end of the San Fernando Valley, if memory doesn't trick me too terribly.  It later became a church, and may still be there.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Laura

« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »

Now we are drinking the Tom & Jerry's which have brandy & rum added.

Jane's posts just might get very interesting tonight.   ;)
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »

Robert Lowery was Batman!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2008, 05:46:29 PM »

San Fernando Valley?  That's where they been having all that trouble with the walking dead.....

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2008, 05:47:13 PM »

Guess what?  It's snowing!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2008, 05:51:39 PM »

Page 1057 of my memoirs, near the bottom of the page, in small type:

Thanks to Jose Simbulan.

You're going to have 1057 pages?

Double spaced.

Large Print Edition.

;)
Illustrated.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »

Now we are drinking the Tom & Jerry's which have brandy & rum added.

Jane's posts just might get very interesting tonight.   ;)

LOL-Yes indeed, if I wasn't so busy with the family.  Let's see if this works, cuz honestly I'm not sure ;D

For more info on the bar book the Tom & Jerry recipe is from Click Here for a tribute to book & author, Jerry Thomas.

Jane

« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »

Guess what?  It's snowing!

Surprise.  Poor Keith spent close to 2 hours (Bryan went down for awhile when he realized what Keith was doing) shoveling the road.  Yes, our very long road.  Craig & Ioana want to go to the courthouse & pick up copies of their official marriage certificate.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #278 on: December 21, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »

I don't know if BK has ever asked this, but here's a question that should bring back memories:

What is the first professional stage play (or musical) you ever saw?
Jane Powell and Edward Mulhare in My Fair Lady.  A women's club that my mother belonged to gathered there with husbands and some of their progeny, therefor the family went.  It was done in the round.  During the race portion of the Ascot Gavotte, the horses were projected racing around the back wall of the theater.

The theater itself was located in the far western end of the San Fernando Valley, if memory doesn't trick me too terribly.  It later became a church, and may still be there.

I remember that theater.  Saw a couple of plays there (NEVER TOO LATE w/Andy Devine & WHAT MAKES SAMMY RUN?, a musical with Frank Gorshin).  I don't recall the name of the theater, but I think it's now a church.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:57:39 PM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »

Time to get dinner cooking.

Fish & Chips!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2008, 05:56:40 PM »

In the serial, right? 

In CAINE MUTINY COURT-MARTIAL, Lowery played the role that Fred MacMurray did in the movie.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »

DR Jane - Or CLICK HERE.

;)

*You enclosed "this" in the URL brackets.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2008, 06:09:11 PM »

In the serial, right? 

In CAINE MUTINY COURT-MARTIAL, Lowery played the role that Fred MacMurray did in the movie.

Kee-rect.....driving around a 1949 Mercury convertible as the Bat Mobile and dancer Johnny Duncan as Robin.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »

I think I will watch a DVD movie.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »

I just got a call from my supervisor and our building will be closed tomorrow!  Another day off!  What will I do?? :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2008, 06:28:13 PM »

Hi all.  What a day!  After I took Sheena to the dog park, I had to make a quick (ha) run over to Brandon to pick up a few things.  Her dog food, Bil Jac among them. 

I also bought a humming bird feeder, a bird feeder, a squirrel feeder, a bird bath and a shepherds hook to hang the two bird feeders on.  I've been wanting to get these items for a long while but couldn't find the ones I wanted.  I finely did so I got them. 

Then I did the grocery shopping for the week.  Christmas dinner will be a ham.  A much, much smaller one then I got at Easter time and had to eat for the next 6 months.  :) I also bought a very nice beef roast (in case I change my mind about the ham) and a pork roast for New Years. 

It took forever!  The traffic was horrible (wonder why?  ;) )

Then when I got home around 4, I put all the feeders up and gave Miss Sheena a bath so she would be nice for Christmas.  I wanted to do that later in the week but the weather man said our nice weather is going Bye Bye. 

By the time I put everything away and made dinner, it was after 7. 

Needless to say, I didn't get around to doing the Christmas cards.  At this point, I just give up.  There will be no cards sent this year.  I don't know why I couldn't seem to get it in gear but it's way to late to even start them. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »

Oh, wait... We have breaking news coming in from the Facebook Status Wire...

Our very own Craig Brockman is officially engaged!!!

Congratulation to him and his Bride-to-be, Heather, as well, as to Craig's parents, DR ArnoldMBrockman and his lovely wife.

HOW EXCITING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS AS WELL TO DR ARNOLDMBROCKMAN!  :)

I also would like to extend my congrats to the couple!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Kerry

« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2008, 06:42:36 PM »

Even though Anita Bryant was somewhat of a pawn in that whole debacle , she did get what she deserved-- a divorce and no career.  She is/was just pasty enough to have ended up on Lawrence Welk or something otherwise.    I did not march in San Francisco over that, but I did a candlelight march in D.C.   I did make my whole family boycott Donald Duck Florida orange juice, though.   My younger sister wondered for years why my mother changed brands!  LOL.

I saw"The Boy In Striped Pajamas" this last week but could not march against that.
I need a happy movie.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2008, 06:44:49 PM »

This will be a very busy (and hopefully happy) week.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2008, 06:46:10 PM »

Sorry BK about your bumper car incident.
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »

Even though Anita Bryant was somewhat of a pawn in that whole debacle , she did get what she deserved-- a divorce and no career.  She is/was just pasty enough to have ended up on Lawrence Welk or something otherwise.    I did not march in San Francisco over that, but I did a candlelight march in D.C.   I did make my whole family boycott Donald Duck Florida orange juice, though.   My younger sister wondered for years why my mother changed brands!  LOL.

I saw"The Boy In Striped Pajamas" this last week but could not march against that.
I need a happy movie.

I most definitely need a "happy" movie after I saw "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". I'd suggest "Slumdog Millionaire" - although that one will make you cry too.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #291 on: December 21, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

DR Jane - Or CLICK HERE.

;)

Thank you :)  I knew it didn't look right.  I am having fun, & honestly I feel more energized then high.  Jose, I think you would like this drink, & the frosting, very much.

Jane

« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2008, 06:51:30 PM »

DR Danise, don't worry about the Christmas cards.

DR Kerry, I thought it was nice that years later Anita Bryant apologized & seemed to truly regret her comments & lack of understanding.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

DR Jane - Or CLICK HERE.

;)

Thank you :)  I knew it didn't look right.  I am having fun, & honestly I feel more energized then high.  Jose, I think you would like this drink, & the frosting, very much.

:)

Sugar, Sugar, Alcohol (which is derived from sugar), Sugar... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2008, 07:13:10 PM »

vixmom, I didn't hit the guy from the rear, I hit clipped his car on the driver's side, just towards the back of the car rather than the front, which is why I think there probably wasn't all that much damage to his car.

Ok, I wasn't going to weigh in on this but if you were turning left, it was probably your duty to yield even if he passed on the right to get around the car that stopped to let you turn (but didn't have to stop to let you turn).  At least that's the way I read it.  If they had to yield or had a traffic signal, well that's a different story.  Just my gut reaction.  I could be wrong.  And since I'm not licensed in California...I must add the disclaimer that this isn't legal advice...

Well, if you can explain how one is supposed to yield to someone who one cannot see because he has gone around cars in a non-lane and is blocked from view and is speeding to boot, well, I'm happy to listen.  There is something a little awry about the traffic laws in this country that clearly favor assholes who are dangerous and shouldn't be behind the wheel.  I will not bend on this, and even though I am insured and it's not coming out of my pocket, I have instructed my insurance company that they should not pay and that I am happy to present this case to a jury.  It's really that simple.  Next you'll all be telling me that people who are talking on cell phones and causing accidents are IN THE RIGHT.  Well, they aren't and this guy wasn't.
Not saying he was right or that there was anything you could have done to avoid it at the time. It's just who normally has the right of way. As I said, I don't know exactly what happened so I could be wrong. I'm just saying normally the person who turns left has to yield the right of way.   I am very glad you're ok and hope I'm wrong about it.  You are in California. things are different there

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

Yes,It Is True. My Youngest Son Craig is Engaged to Heather Harris From Potomic,Maryland. Heather is currently living in New York -as is Craig.
When is the Wedding? I will keep You Posted. But It Is Wonderful News in this Holiday Season.
Happy Hanukkah to all our Jewish Friends and A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year To All

Cillaliz

« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »

Yes,It Is True. My Youngest Son Craig is Engaged to Heather Harris From Potomic,Maryland. Heather is currently living in New York -as is Craig.
When is the Wedding? I will keep You Posted. But It Is Wonderful News in this Holiday Season.
Happy Hanukkah to all our Jewish Friends and A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year To All

CONGRATS TO ALL!!  Wonderful news

Kerry

« Reply #297 on: December 21, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »

DR Kerry, I thought it was nice that years later Anita Bryant apologized & seemed to truly regret her comments & lack of understanding.
I hope it was sincere on her part, but it sure ruined a lot of lives (including her own).
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #298 on: December 21, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »

Congratulations and happy days!
I like boat races.

Michael

« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2008, 07:57:21 PM »

I just finished season 4 of LOST

All I can saw is WOW.

I loved.

I believe this is the way to watch the series.
Without commercials. And over a few days. It is gripping television and I never knew what to expect.

I even found some of the Easter eggs.

I am now on to the bonus material.

Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up