Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHORT FUSE  (Read 23912 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE SHORT FUSE
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2004, 11:28:15 AM »

Jose:

Thanks for the musical suggestions.  I am trying to concentrate on loud music with simple, easy to interpret lyrics.  

How about blasting away with "Uncle F**KA " from South  Park-The Movie.

der always-ready-with-a-tastful-suggestion Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2004, 11:29:27 AM »

...And tha's how DR Emily wound up in Hull with Kofi Annan...

(You can't leave us hanging like that, Emily!)

For you Yanks - yes it's HULL, not a typo. In my acting days, when we were touring and playing the National Arts Center in Ottawa, after the show the actors would have to go over to Hull (Quebec) to have a good time. (I usually didn't go.) Ottawa was quite boring back then. The city basically closed up at 10.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 11:33:31 AM by Panni »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2004, 11:30:28 AM »

A lot of it has to do, too, with leaving plenty of time for patrons to make purchases at the concession stands.  That is where the movie theatres really make their money.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Panni

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2004, 11:31:06 AM »

Thank you, Jose and bk for the AOL suggestions. I've got it now.

td

• td
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2004, 11:36:03 AM »

How long has Miss Ann-Margret been Mrs. Roger Smith?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2004, 12:04:46 PM »

I've looked at my profile page and can't decipher how to do it.  Me confused.  Me no understand.  Remember you're talking to a Luddite here, a technological idiot.  Speak slowly and simply and step-by-step with any directions.

Me try helpum.

Click on the "Edit Profile" icon to pull up the page.

Scroll down to where you see the Personalized Picture section:

Check the "Upload own Picture", then click on "Browse" to locate your picture on your Hard Drive, then selct same.

Go to the bottom of the screen and enter your Password in the block provided.

Click on "Update Profile" and should be Avatred!

der Brucer (me thinkum DR CP not no how to brouse his own HD - stay tuned for further updates)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 12:30:29 PM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2004, 12:07:38 PM »

Evening on the Boardwalk at Rehoboth:

Upscale Franchises hit town:

der Brucer (Oh, it gets worse!)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2004, 12:11:52 PM »

Now lookie who's coming to town:

Check out the site and watch the Crabs sing "Hey Big Stemer".

der not-so crabby Brucer

Ben

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2004, 12:18:48 PM »

OMG (Oh, my G*D in Internet parlance) in reference to DerBrucer's previous post! Singing Crabs. Where is the Qwell when you need it???

Ben

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2004, 12:19:37 PM »

I think the screen shot of instructions about posting a profile picture has put us into widescreen

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2004, 12:20:13 PM »

Me Thank DerBrucer for kind attempt to help.  Me still not sure.  Me may need someone to physically walk me through it.  Me remain pictureless for now.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2004, 12:23:39 PM »

How long has Miss Ann-Margret been Mrs. Roger Smith?

Roger and Ann have been married since 1967.

Mr.  and Mrs. Cal Bolder have been married 50 years, and Mr. and Mrs. Van Williams have been married 45 years.
Mr. and Mrs. William Reynolds were married married from 1950 until her death in 1992. He has never remarried.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2004, 12:34:31 PM »

I think the screen shot of instructions about posting a profile picture has put us into widescreen

I think you're right.

der I have fixed it, already Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2004, 12:39:26 PM »

Log Cabin fires back!

Log Cabin Republicans Launch First-Ever National Advertising Campaign to Defend the Constitution
Television Ad to Begin in Washington, DC and Seven Swing States

March 10, 2004

(Washington, DC)—Log Cabin Republicans today launched an ambitious campaign to defend the Constitution and stop efforts to pass an anti-family Constitutional amendment.  The centerpiece of this $1,000,000 effort is a television commercial, which will begin airing on Thursday in the Washington, DC region and swing states around the nation, with plans for national broadcast during the weeks ahead.

“The radical right wanted a culture war.  They’ve got it now.  I can proudly say that thousands of Log Cabin Republicans and our allies across America are fighting back—in defense of freedom, fairness, and equality,” said Log Cabin Republicans Executive Director Patrick Guerriero.  This is the first-ever television advertising campaign in Log Cabin’s 27-year history.

The anti-family Federal Marriage Amendment would turn back the clock on gay and lesbian civil rights by denying not only civil marriage, but also jeopardizing civil unions and possibly even any domestic partner benefits.

“We have launched this unprecedented campaign effort because the exclusion and discrimination embodied in this amendment violates the principles upon which the Republican Party is founded.  It’s wrong to use the Constitution as a way of scoring political points in an election year,” continued Guerriero.

Log Cabin’s 30-second television commercial begins airing on Thursday, March 11th in the Washington, DC region and seven crucial swing states:  Ohio, Missouri, Florida, Minnesota, New Mexico, New Hampshire, and Wisconsin.  “We will not remain silent as gay and lesbian families are used as wedge issues to divide America.”

Log Cabin developed the ad using results from a nationwide poll conducted last month.  The commercial uses excerpts from then Vice-Presidential candidate Dick Cheney during his 2000 debate with Senator Joe Lieberman.  Referring to the legal recognition of same-sex relationships, Mr. Cheney said, “That matter is regulated by the states.  I think different states are likely to come to different conclusions, and that's appropriate.  I don't think there should necessarily be a federal policy in this area.”

“Vice-President Dick Cheney makes a powerful case against amending our sacred Constitution.  His position in 2000 is as true today as it was when he said it,” continued Guerriero.

“As Republicans, it is our obligation to stand up and speak out when our party is headed in the wrong direction,” continued Guerriero.  “Log Cabin has received unprecedented support from our gay and straight allies around the nation.  We also are encouraged by the growing number of courageous GOP members of Congress and Republican leaders around the nation who are speaking out against this amendment.  These inclusive voices represent the future of the Republican Party.”

“The Republican Party has a choice.  Be the party of Lincoln, Reagan, Schwarzenegger, and Guiliani or be the party of Bauer, Falwell, Robertson, and Buchanan.  The choice is clear.  Choosing the wrong path will put the Republican Party on the wrong side of history.  Fairness and freedom will prevail over intolerance and exclusion,” concluded Guerriero.

der Brucer (enjoying the irony of using Chaney's own words to make the case against the FMA)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2004, 12:43:39 PM »

The question is HOW do I add it to my profile page?

I've looked at my profile page and can't decipher how to do it.  Me confused.  Me no understand.  Remember you're talking to a Luddite here, a technological idiot.  Speak slowly and simply and step-by-step with any directions.

LOL  When I read Bruce's directions I knew you would still be stumped.   :)  

Jane

« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2004, 12:51:56 PM »

George my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your grandmother.

Ann you are way too young to have lost your mother.  Even if it has been a long time, I’m sorry.  I was 34 when I lost my mother and there are still times I wish I could talk to her.  I should mention there were two sides to my mother and I really don’t miss the other side at all, but with time I am able to remember all the good that was in her.

The Western channel is showing Hopalong Cassidy movies this month.

Noel I remember Ships as the only place we would eat cheesecake if it wasn’t my mother’s.

Emily I’m waiting for the rest of your story.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2004, 01:10:10 PM »

My celebrity encyclopedia says Boyer reacted to the fact of his wife's death by taking his own life two days before his 81st birthday. It does not say on which day she died.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 01:14:10 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2004, 01:10:28 PM »

Ann you are way too young to have lost your mother.  Even if it has been a long time, I’m sorry.  I was 34 when I lost my mother and there are still times I wish I could talk to her.  I should mention there were two sides to my mother and I really don’t miss the other side at all, but with time I am able to remember all the good that was in her.

Was this directed to me?  Good gracious, I hope I didn't accidentally imply that I had lost my own mother.  I was merely trying to imagine how awful it would be not to be present at the time of her death.  But no no no...my dear mother is alive and well  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2004, 01:20:05 PM »

Or, maybe, "You Light Up My Life."
Or "Feelings."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2004, 01:21:16 PM »

Drum roll! ....It's official. My rewrite (of the rewrite of the rewrite of the rewrite) has actually gone in to the network.

I'm actually enjoying just sitting and writing today. Dog's sleeping, birds singing outside, me writing. Nice.

Panni

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2004, 01:22:12 PM »

George - I must have missed the news of your grandmother's death. My condolences.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2004, 01:23:30 PM »

DR Panni,

Let me be the first ..........

(Drumming)

Wonderful news!

Tomovoz

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »

Congratulations Anna. Does the final (we hope) rewrite resemble the original at all! Or does it even seem at all similar to your first rewrite? DOes the plot remain the same, do the names of the characters change? What changes the most of the time frame? I am intrigued by the process.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2004, 01:28:03 PM »

Check out this site:  Godhatesshrimp.com
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2004, 01:39:17 PM »

Check out this site:  Godhatesshrimp.com

Yikes am I in trouble. A gay shrimp at that.

td

• td
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2004, 01:46:08 PM »

Or "Feelings."

As sung by Carol Burnett's Eunice, of course.

td

• td
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2004, 01:50:46 PM »

Yikes am I in trouble. A gay shrimp at that.

Have you been swimming in ice cold water again? ? ? ?  ;)

Jane

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2004, 01:52:25 PM »

Was this directed to me?  Good gracious, I hope I didn't accidentally imply that I had lost my own mother.  I was merely trying to imagine how awful it would be not to be present at the time of her death.  But no no no...my dear mother is alive and well  :)

I'm so relieved! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2004, 02:04:24 PM »

Just think... if 1954 theatres didn't want more shows a day Judy might verywell have won the Oscar® she deserved.

I've always been a little suspect of that arguement.  When I compare the hacked version to the recently (somewhat) restored one, I don't see where there's anything that's missing that would have made her performance more Oscar-worthy.  Don't misunderstand me--I fully believe that she should have won in any event.  But I don't think the length of the picture had anything to do with her win or loss.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jed

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2004, 02:13:43 PM »

I think BK's makers of big noise have moved to the alley behind my apartment.  Don't know what they're doing out there, but goodness it's loud.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up