Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13TH OR THE THREE HUNDRED POUND ALBANIAN WOMAN  (Read 32905 times)

Ben

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH OR THE THREE HUNDRED POUND ALBANIAN WOMAN
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2009, 07:25:10 AM »

I have three books of Forever Stamps. I agree it makes me feel good to use them since I bought them the first time around when they were selling for $.041!!!

Ben

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2009, 07:25:22 AM »

Now we are 3

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2009, 07:26:25 AM »

I had somehow missed the announcement that postage for a first-class letter will increase another 2 cents effective Mon May 11th.        :-\

Before the price increase last year, I bought ten books of the Forever stamp and I've used just over five of them, so I'm somewhat ahead of the game.  I'll probably buy at least five more books before this next increase.  I know I'm only saving pennies, but there's an odd satisfaction in this case.

I agree. It's also a relief not having to keep up with the "penny-anty" increases every year or so.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2009, 07:28:45 AM »

Speaking of selling cheap, Playbill Online is having a clearance sale and has all four volumes of the Playbill Yearbook going for $29.00. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2009, 07:32:00 AM »

After the Vixter went off to school and Vixdad went to work I had a can and drifted off to sleep for 3 lovely hours.

and now here I am
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2009, 07:32:58 AM »

Happiest of Birthday's to Elmore's beautiful goddaughter Charlotte.

That was a lovely picture you posted yesterday, Elmore!

vixmom

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2009, 07:36:31 AM »

When my Mom took me to the store the other day I bought another book of Forever Stamps.  I pay almost everything by phone or automatic payment hooked to my debit  card (which is how I had all those points for the Vixter's Christmas) so I use very few stamps as well.  I still have half a book left of teh Forever STamps I bought last September.

(Of course at Christmas time I used Christmas stamps )- OH I should check my Christmas card box to see if I left any stamps in there so I can use them up before May for any cards etc I may have to send out! 

Ben

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2009, 07:36:56 AM »

Today is Peter Tork's birthday (remember him from The Monkees?) He is 67 years old!

Ben

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2009, 07:37:37 AM »

That's right, I did buy specific holiday stamps for cards. Those are gone.

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2009, 07:40:25 AM »

Vixdad's lunch of the day was Roasted turkey, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato witha little mayo , and  slice of marinated roasted red pepper on whole wheat bread.  Sides included sweet baby gherkins, some "light" pringle potato chips and an apple.

It gives me some odd sort of satisfaction to be able to prepare some meals even if I cannot eat them.   

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2009, 07:42:09 AM »

Today is Peter Tork's birthday (remember him from The Monkees?) He is 67 years old!

Oh yes!! I loved the Monkees.  I was probably about 10 or 11 when they were on TV

Here they come, walkin' down the street

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2009, 07:43:09 AM »

The Vixter asked if she could buy lunch today since they were having pizza in the cafe

vixmom

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »

She had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast to offset any bad luck the day may bring.
( I bought these at her request, also on that shopping trip with Mom, we haven't had any in the house for years)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2009, 07:46:51 AM »

TODAY IN THEATRE HISTORY...

It's Stockard Channing's birthday!  Born today in 1944 in New York, New York.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2009, 07:48:18 AM »

She had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast to offset any bad luck the day may bring.
( I bought these at her request, also on that shopping trip with Mom, we haven't had any in the house for years)

Are they still magically delicious?  Was there a prize inside?
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2009, 07:50:37 AM »

Ginny, how do you make your jello salad?  Do you use a mold and various layers of different flavors and  or do you favor one flavor and "add ins" ?

I haven't made jello salad in years and years - neither the Vixer nor Vixdad are jello fans.

I remember I always had trouble unmiolding my salad and would have to "fix" things with little flourishes of decorative whipped cream here and there.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »

BK,

When I reluctantly found myself at the center of the last maelstrom that happened here, I said at the time no matter what happened to me or the other individual involved, most people would move on and that your site would continue to flourish.  How many years ago was that?  Seems I was right. 

A small few chose to listen to only one side and left, most either ferreted out the truth or didn't care about personal dynamics of a private matter dragged out in a public forum and didn't let it affect their participation.  Some, as both you and I know, even discovered the truth of things later on in no uncertain terms. 

But, as predicted, all the sturm and drang ultimately had very little effect on this site.  Those who left, it was their loss.  The rest remained a relatively happy bunch who enjoy each other's company, debates, and camaraderie.

You'll know when it's time to close down the site.  And it will have nothing to do with nonsense like this.

I will say I'm really bewildered how a person thinks that sharing an individual's unflattering private email with you, obviously not meant for your eyes, will gain him readership to his own blog.  Great way to start an online relationship or any relationship...by betraying that person's privacy and trust in order to embarrass both the email writer and you.  I think that alone would be enough to deter anyone else from communicating with him, for fear that anything expressed in confidence might be exposed so he can score points. 

Your pal,

Pogue

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2009, 07:56:15 AM »

Are they still magically delicious?  Was there a prize inside?

Well she ate them all down so I assume they were magially delicous.  No prize inside the box but they added a new marshmallow charm an hour glass.  The front of the box says:

"Control Time! with  the HOURGLASS marshmallow charm" 

They don't seem to have given any directions as to how said time control is to be achieved. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2009, 07:58:11 AM »

In my DVD burner right now about to be burned onto a DVD is the 1925 silent movie version of "The Wizard of Oz," starring, written, produced and directed by Larry Semon, that was broadcast on TCM a couple of months ago.  If you only know the story from the Judy Garland movie, you still won't know the story from this version.  It was co-written by L Frank Baum, Jr., yes...the son of the original author, but Robert Osborne in his introduction says that this version of the story (which Larry Semon had wanted to do for years) really has nothing to do with the original story in the books. 

You do know DS Betsy's maiden name was Semon, don't you?  I'll let you draw your own conclusions...  ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »

TODAY IN THEATRE HISTORY...

It's Stockard Channing's birthday!  Born today in 1944 in New York, New York.

Too bad we didn't know a little early - I could have had Vicky yell "Happy Birthday" to her during the curtain call of Pal Joey!

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2009, 07:59:44 AM »

Good Friday morning...and you know what...every morning is good when I can start off by visiting HHW and the wonderful people who inhabit it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2009, 08:00:59 AM »

There is the most insufferable putz (technical term) on the staff at DVDTalk.  Matt may also know him, since he's recently tried to stir things up on HTF and got a firm bitch-slapping.  I just received word this morning of a new thread where this insufferable putz™ is attempting to "edumacate" me about the musical version of Goodbye, Mr. Chips.  Pluh---eeze.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:07:19 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2009, 08:02:10 AM »

DR George, I have also seen the 1925 WIZARD OF OZ. It is interesting to see, but I think it would have been better had they used sets instead of filming outdoors. Indoor sets would have made for a magical feel that this type of film needs. Instead, the outdoor filming makes it look like a motley group dressed up for Halloween and prancing around in front of dad's 8 mm camera.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2009, 08:03:12 AM »

Happiest of Birthday's to Elmore's beautiful goddaughter Charlotte.

That was a lovely picture you posted yesterday, Elmore!

How the time gallops! It seems like yesterday that the photo of me holding her on her first day back from the hospital was taken. And when I get all sentimental over her, I remember when she was about 10 years old I took her to see the Young Vic perform a great collection of dramatized folk tales, full of blood and gore: she was a complete bitch. I debated throwing her off the balcony. I later talked to her godmother Celia Weston about it, and Celia said I should have called her on it and not let her get away with it. I think that's the only bad time I ever had taking her out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »

TOD:

DVR: Several episodes of CHEYENNE

DVD: Universal western BLACK HORSE CANYON

CD: Soundtrack to the 1980s Bollywood horror film LEKIN.

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2009, 08:05:33 AM »

AH! The mystery is revealed - apparently there is a word search on the back of teh box which will enable you to unlock the magic spell which you can then use on www.luckycharms.com to unlock bonus charm powers in Lucky's continuous adventures.

I wonder how much cheaper the cereal would be if it didn't have  it's own web site with games?  I wonder how many people actually use breakfast cereal web sites? 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »

Good Friday morning...and you know what...every morning is good when I can start off by visiting HHW and the wonderful people who inhabit it.

You're like that dog we used to drop off in the country 40 miles from home to find him back at the house the next day!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2009, 08:06:27 AM »

:) :-*

Good morning Mikey!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »

AH! The mystery is revealed - apparently there is a word search on the back of teh box which will enable you to unlock the magic spell which you can then use on www.luckycharms.com to unlock bonus charm powers in Lucky's continuous adventures.

I wonder how much cheaper the cereal would be if it didn't have  it's own web site with games?  I wonder how many people actually use breakfast cereal web sites? 

I would suspect the only one on this site would be DR MBarnum.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »

I am looking forward to tonight's GHOST WHISPERER. And i will check out the premiere of DOLLHOUSE. I love Eliza and used to watch her every week in TRU CALLING (loved that show).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up