Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13TH OR THE THREE HUNDRED POUND ALBANIAN WOMAN  (Read 33124 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH OR THE THREE HUNDRED POUND ALBANIAN WOMAN
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »

There is the most insufferable putz (technical term) on the staff at DVDTalk.  Matt may also know him, since he's recently tried to stir things up on HTF and got a firm bitch-slapping.  I just received word this morning of a new thread where this insufferable putz™ is attempting to "edumacate" me about the musical version of Goodbye, Mr. Chips.  Pluh---eeze.

Don't you want to be edumacated?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2009, 08:08:35 AM »

In my DVD burner right now about to be burned onto a DVD is the 1925 silent movie version of "The Wizard of Oz," starring, written, produced and directed by Larry Semon, that was broadcast on TCM a couple of months ago.  If you only know the story from the Judy Garland movie, you still won't know the story from this version.  It was co-written by L Frank Baum, Jr., yes...the son of the original author, but Robert Osborne in his introduction says that this version of the story (which Larry Semon had wanted to do for years) really has nothing to do with the original story in the books. 

You do know DS Betsy's maiden name was Semon, don't you?  I'll let you draw your own conclusions...  ;D

You guys are related to everybody!

vixmom

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2009, 08:10:27 AM »

Happiest of Birthday's to Elmore's beautiful goddaughter Charlotte.

That was a lovely picture you posted yesterday, Elmore!

How the time gallops! It seems like yesterday that the photo of me holding her on her first day back from the hospital was taken. And when I get all sentimental over her, I remember when she was about 10 years old I took her to see the Young Vic perform a great collection of dramatized folk tales, full of blood and gore: she was a complete bitch. I debated throwing her off the balcony. I later talked to her godmother Celia Weston about it, and Celia said I should have called her on it and not let her get away with it. I think that's the only bad time I ever had taking her out.

LOL!! Well I guess one bad day in 20 years isn't a bad record!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »

There is the most insufferable putz (technical term) on the staff at DVDTalk.  Matt may also know him, since he's recently tried to stir things up on HTF and got a firm bitch-slapping.  I just received word this morning of a new thread where this insufferable putz™ is attempting to "edumacate" me about the musical version of Goodbye, Mr. Chips.  Pluh---eeze.

I was SO glad not to be involved with all that DRAMA at HTF and sorry you have to deal with it yourself.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »

I must head downstairs now to clean up so I can run my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2009, 08:14:46 AM »

I was very disappointed to learn yesterday that USA network cancelled THE STARTER WIFE (not sure if it was mentioned here as i'm still catching up on yesterday's posts).

But i think it was a really good show. the dumbest part is that they insist that there was resolution and it was a satisfying finale. Yet there were all sorts of cliffhangers!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »

Anyone registered at DVDTalk who would like to bitch-slap an insufferable putz™?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2009, 08:15:26 AM »

Good test result vibes for DR Laura. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DR Vixmom glad you had a better night. Vibes it continues to get better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JMK

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2009, 08:18:35 AM »

I was SO glad not to be involved with all that DRAMA at HTF and sorry you have to deal with it yourself.

He is just one of those people so full of himself and quite sure he knows more about every subject than anyone else.  In fact, he'd be a perfect reader for "someone"'s blog.   ;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2009, 08:22:13 AM »

I watched the Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice cross-over. Apparently it will continue next week too. I wish they had mentioned it was for 3 weeks. I ffed thru Grey's for anything that did not pertain to the Addison storyline (I only watch Private Practice).

It really was truly a cross-over. The stories totally continued. IT was almost like a 2 hour event. Although during the first hour they had Grey's stories and the Addison story. ANd the 2nd hour they had the Private Practice stories, and the addison story (although addison did help with a case that was on grey's). 

I wonder if the numbers for PP went up a lot?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2009, 08:22:20 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2009, 08:23:19 AM »

BK, i would not let all this email/blog/private PMs nonsense get you too upset. It will blow over. But if you are very upset with those people here who might have said things about you. Why  not just contact them privately.

JMK

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2009, 08:23:52 AM »

I would gladly be edumacated by someone who knew more about a given subject--e.g., I have gladly been edumacated by our very own BK on various and sundried subjects about which I've asked on ASK BK days.  But this insufferable putz™ is only qualified to describe the interior of his anal cavity, as far as I'm concerned.  :)

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2009, 08:26:44 AM »

A very happy M-Go-Blue birthday to DR Elmore's DG Charlotte!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2009, 08:27:20 AM »

Good test result vibes for DR Laura. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DR Vixmom glad you had a better night. Vibes it continues to get better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Jennifer!

vixmom

« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2009, 08:27:58 AM »

He is just one of those people so full of himself and quite sure he knows more about every subject than anyone else.  In fact, he'd be a perfect reader for "someone"'s blog.   ;D

Then I would just ignore him.

vixmom

« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2009, 08:32:21 AM »

I would gladly be edumacated by someone who knew more about a given subject--e.g., I have gladly been edumacated by our very own BK on various and sundried subjects about which I've asked on ASK BK days.  But this insufferable putz™ is only qualified to describe the interior of his anal cavity, as far as I'm concerned.  :)

;D

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2009, 08:39:08 AM »

DR Vixmom - even though BK asked for recipes yesterday (or was it the day before?), here's the Jello salad I'm making today:

2 pkgs. (3 oz) lemon Jello
2pkgs. (3 oz) lime Jello
4 cups boiling water
1 cup mayo or Miracle Whip
3 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chopped nuts

Combine Jello's and water in large bowl and refrigerate until thickened.  Add mayo and blend well.  Add remaining ingredients and pour into mold or Bundt pan that has been greased with mayo or salad dressing.  Chill.

This makes A LOT and will fill 2 molds.  The recipe can be cut in half well, but for tomorrow we will have one for Richard to take and one for us to enjoy at home.

The secret to unmolding is coating the mold with mayo and using my magic Tupperware molds.  Richard used to impress his female teaching colleagues by being able to unmold this salad perfectly every time!  Tomorrow he will impress the shape-note singers.

Before we were married, my friend Clare had a bridal shower for me using a "Round the Clock" theme.  She gave each guest a different time of day and asked them to write a poem to go along with their gift.  My friend Stephanie (5pm) gave us a Jello mold and wrote a long poem about my preparing dinner and the last stanza reads:

"Hey - what's for dessert? - your Richard will bellow -
 What else - Richard, dear - my new mold full of Jello!!!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »

Not only is it Friday the 13th, but it's also:

Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2009, 08:48:17 AM »

He is just one of those people so full of himself and quite sure he knows more about every subject than anyone else.  In fact, he'd be a perfect reader for "someone"'s blog.   ;D

Unfortunately that's not an option when an insufferable putz™ goes on a public forum where I "work" (if you can call this work, LOL), supposedly "correcting" my "errors" in a review.

vixmom

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »

DR Vixmom - even though BK asked for recipes yesterday (or was it the day before?), here's the Jello salad I'm making today:

2 pkgs. (3 oz) lemon Jello
2pkgs. (3 oz) lime Jello
4 cups boiling water
1 cup mayo or Miracle Whip
3 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chopped nuts

Combine Jello's and water in large bowl and refrigerate until thickened.  Add mayo and blend well.  Add remaining ingredients and pour into mold or Bundt pan that has been greased with mayo or salad dressing.  Chill.

This makes A LOT and will fill 2 molds.  The recipe can be cut in half well, but for tomorrow we will have one for Richard to take and one for us to enjoy at home.

The secret to unmolding is coating the mold with mayo and using my magic Tupperware molds.  Richard used to impress his female teaching colleagues by being able to unmold this salad perfectly every time!  Tomorrow he will impress the shape-note singers.

Before we were married, my friend Clare had a bridal shower for me using a "Round the Clock" theme.  She gave each guest a different time of day and asked them to write a poem to go along with their gift.  My friend Stephanie (5pm) gave us a Jello mold and wrote a long poem about my preparing dinner and the last stanza reads:

"Hey - what's for dessert? - your Richard will bellow -
 What else - Richard, dear - my new mold full of Jello!!!"

That sounds good Ginny! I love the poem and that you remember it after all these years!

vixmom

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2009, 08:50:39 AM »

So, will you be at Jelly this afternoon Jose?

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2009, 08:51:29 AM »

Unfortunately that's not an option when an insufferable putz™ goes on a public forum where I "work" (if you can call this work, LOL), supposedly "correcting" my "errors" in a review.

AH! I see

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »

It's better than emaciated!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2009, 09:01:10 AM »

TOD: Nothing. But today's adventures include breakfast with my son, weeding the yard, and applying another coat of finish to the cabinet doors. Exciting, huh?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »

Oh, and thank you for the vibes and prayers for my sister. She had the third chemo. Next will come 5 weeks of radiation.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2009, 09:03:21 AM »

I don't think I'll be heading to Jelly this afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2009, 09:09:01 AM »

Oh, and thank you for the vibes and prayers for my sister. She had the third chemo. Next will come 5 weeks of radiation.

I hope she has any easy time with her after effects.  It's nice that she is not getting the chemo and radiation together, it may make it a bit easier to for her to  bear.

vixmom

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »

I don't think I'll be heading to Jelly this afternoon.

Dang - we were counting on you for the full report! (complete with Monkey pictures of course!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Overcast outside, but I still may try and get in a long jog.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up