Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAMN NOTES  (Read 20965 times)

FJL

Re: THE DAMN NOTES
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2009, 09:58:32 AM »

Page 3 "Love it conquers, love it binds" THEME FROM ANGIE dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roEOCNPeALA
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:03:54 AM by FJL »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »

Sorry, Ron.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2009, 10:04:01 AM »

Sorry, Ron.

I didn't post the first post on the new page, Tom...I had no claim to the page dance.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

Sucking on a Coldeez and sipping some hot EmergenC.  Sippin' and Suckin' - isn't that a Bacharach and David song?

Huggin' and Chalkin' is a Johnny Mercer song...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »

Ron - Yeah, but I've convinced myself that you and I look alike, so TCB may have us confused too.

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »

Ron - Yeah, but I've convinced myself that you and I look alike, so TCB may have us confused too.

Yeah, that must be it.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »

Sucking on a Coldeez and sipping some hot EmergenC.  Sippin' and Suckin' - isn't that a Bacharach and David song?

Don't know much about Mercer - too bad there's no decent documentary.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:36 AM »

...and I happen to know for a fact that this person hasn't even had the courtesy to even open the PM I sent explaining how I felt about it (it was a very even-keeled PM - nothing bad in it).

BK, it's possible that this person has actually read the message.  When one sends a PM, an e-mail with the message is also sent to the recipient if said recipient has his or her e-mail address in his or her profile.  So one does not have to actually log into HHW to read the PMs.

I don't, other people do.  It must be how it is set up.  I guess Keith fixed it so I could.  Good thing too or I would miss at least half of my PMs.

If I read a post saying I wasn't returning, though the thought never entered my mind, I might not return after reading said statement.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:56 AM »

It didn't snow last night.  All we got was lots of wind.  I can still see the trees blowing & bet it is cold out there.  Cold & windy or not, I need to go for a walk.

td

• td
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »

In the dark, even I wouldn't be able to tell you apart.  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2009, 10:42:34 AM »

TCB - How did the shows go yesterday?  Is Sharry surviving alright?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »

Don't know much about Mercer - too bad there's no decent documentary.

der Brucer

Yeah. I have hopes there will be one, but they are only hopes. That is all.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2009, 10:47:40 AM »

Yeah, that must be it.

Of course...it makes all the sense in the world now.

FJL, you'll be happy to know I've just had a nice phone call with my mom...and she loves me in spite of everything!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2009, 10:52:42 AM »

I feel like doing nothing but snuggling up on the couch with Cat Freddy and watching movies....right now I have SOUTH PACIFIC in the dvd player. I have not seen this film all the way through since I was a kid. It was never a favorite of mine. I always preferred musicals that took place in the city, rather then in the jungles...but this film does have it good points, and I image that Josh Logan had a lot of fun casting it  8)

Still, Ray Walston makes my skin crawl every time he is in a scene.

This DVD is not anamorphic. There must be a newer release that is.

Mike:  A splendid 2-disc edition was issued in October 2007...it has the cut version of the film, which is what I presume you are watching (it was cut shortly after its roadshow premier to facilitate more showings each day) and the "roadshow" version.  Some of the footage restored to the roadshow version was not color-corrected and can be a bit disconcerting at first, but it's a far superior experience than the version we had been getting all those years before.  And Walston's performance is more fully palatable in this longer version....in the cut version he's all ham...over-the-top in all respects.  In the roadshow version he seems like a wholly different character.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »

Photo: Nasty Sassy wears a Frisbee as a hat while she plays with her owner Ping Latvong at John Marshall Park in Anaheim.  Credit: Kari Rene Hall/Los Angeles Times.

der Brucer

And look at these puppy paws!

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ben

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2009, 11:11:57 AM »

I am up; it is freezing, and I had to take Sugar out to do her thing.  Lovely having her here, but I'll admit, the days when I cold just open the door and let her out loose in her own big fenced yard were easier on cold mornings.  She is cutely curled on the couch now.  And yes, walking 20 miles in the snow so she can pee is worth it.   Thank God we live in the desert!

Freezing! Oh, Mary, get off my dress :)

You're from Arizona. Freezing to you is 65 degrees ;)

It was no more than 52 degrees, but i think it was actually officially 47 degrees at the time. 

You know I was kidding, right? I'll give you 47. You can't just run out with the dog in sweatpants and a t-shirt. Even if she just stands on the porch and pees.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »

TCB - How did the shows go yesterday?  Is Sharry surviving alright?

Ann - Both shows went well yesterday, but I am really worn out today.  Sharry wasn't feeling any better yesterday, but she made it through both performances.  One more show today and she can rest all week.                                                         
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Still on Page Three? Is this a slow news day here on HHW? I guess that whirring noise I've been hearing in the background must be the Bitch-Slapping Machine warming up.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »

I went over to Staples and printed out a copy of Nudie Musical just to proof and make sure everything's right - already found a couple of errors, so glad I did.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »

Recording Session #1 of 3 today went very well. It was just me, the Actor/Singer and the recording engineer. I was just asked to supervise the vocal sessions since the instrumental tracks were already recorded. The engineer was very "smart" and started recording the "scratch vocal" during the first run-through. After that we just had to punch in a few spots and we recorded some alternate takes too for some sections.  We ended up finishing ten minutes early which gave the actor plenty of time to rest up before his matinée. *Which was doubly good since his show opens this week, and they're in the middle of press performances.   
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2009, 11:46:51 AM »

DR TCB - Continued Broken Leg Vibes to you and your cast. ~~~~~~ And Extra Good Health Vibes to Sharry~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2009, 11:53:50 AM »

Page 3 "Love it conquers, love it binds" THEME FROM ANGIE dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roEOCNPeALA

Oh wow, one of my favorite shows as a kid! Thanks Fred!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

DR Michael S - Post-mortem criticisms should be reserved for those who actually worked with and knew the deceased. To point out someone's "failures" which, in this case, are just your opinions, is just simply crass - especially since there has yet to be an official pronouncement of his death. A shared handshake does not make one a friend or even an acquaintance.

Regardless of what sort of personal "dirt" you may have heard from another source or two, someone's passing should still require a degree of respect and reserve for not only the deceased but also the deceased's family, friends and "inner circle".

No one is perfect.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2009, 11:57:27 AM »

So far the only thing about SOUTH PACIFIC I like are the brief glimpses of Ken Clark and some guy who somebody on IMDB has confused with Ed Fury, and watching Mr. Brazzi, who I would marry in a minute.

After an hour I went and tried to nap, but never fell asleep. Now I just can't bring myself to wander to the couch to watch more.

I think I will shower and take Bosco for a walk instead.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »

...and I happen to know for a fact that this person hasn't even had the courtesy to even open the PM I sent explaining how I felt about it (it was a very even-keeled PM - nothing bad in it).

BK, it's possible that this person has actually read the message.  When one sends a PM, an e-mail with the message is also sent to the recipient if said recipient has his or her e-mail address in his or her profile.  So one does not have to actually log into HHW to read the PMs.

I don't, other people do.  It must be how it is set up.  I guess Keith fixed it so I could.  Good thing too or I would miss at least half of my PMs.

If I read a post saying I wasn't returning, though the thought never entered my mind, I might not return after reading said statement.

Here's the deal: I'm not the villain in this piece.  Period.  The End.  I am merely pointing out that this person is obviously not going to return - it's too bad, was my point.  And let me be clear - it's not that fact that this person doesn't care for some of my work (even though this person is offering an opinion not  actually having first hand knowledge of it for the last four years, at least), no, the bothersome stuff was the sort of personal quality of it - again, I'm not going to go into details but you Jane, especially, should know that this sort of thing has to be pretty bad for me to be bothered by it.  Again, I didn't castigate in my PM to the person, and I just find it weird that this person won't even read it.  I like the person and have been nothing but kind and supportive from the day the person arrived to the time the person chose to send the PM.  It's that simple.  And the world goes round.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2009, 12:00:05 PM »

The thought of seeing even more of Ray Walston on the roadshow version is making me sort of queasy.

Hmmm...but is there more Ken Clark in that version (his singing  voice supplied by Tony the Tiger, BTW).

I also am liking Floyd Simmons as Cmdr. Harbison. If he hadn't passed away last year I would by trying to interview him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2009, 12:00:05 PM »

I shall have to toddle off to rehearsal shortly - one problem is that the rehearsal room is about twelve degrees and there's no heat other than this tiny little portable thing that sits on the floor.  I think I'm going to get some chicken soup after Cason stops by at four-thirty.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »

I'm currently sitting outside in Worldwide Plaza - home of New World (formerly Dodger) stages. It's a little chilly, but the sun is keeping me warm.  I have another three or four hours coming up spent in a window-less studio, so I'm getting my Vitamin E while I can.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2009, 12:12:15 PM »

Yes, I'm incredibly stupid, take two:  How could Frank Sinatra sing something uncredited in a film that hadn't been released yet?

Sinatra sang -- with no screen credit -- the title song to "Three Coins in the Fountain" over the film's main titles.

I see, said the blind man--I thought you were talking about LIAMST, which is why I was confused.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up