Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAMN NOTES  (Read 21243 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE DAMN NOTES
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »

FOUR!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2009, 12:14:32 PM »

FOUR!

Listening to Miles Davis, are we?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2009, 12:14:42 PM »

It's showtime!

I shall return (I hope).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »

We had an incredible audience last night, I'm happy to report.  The place was so packed that he actually had to put a sign on the door saying "if you don't already have a reservation, sorry, we can't seat you."  It was a very nice performance and the diners actually completely shut up for a couple of numbers, which in my experience is virtually unheard of.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2009, 12:17:56 PM »

It's very chilly here in the City of Studio.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

I don't really have to be to rehearsal till one (Sean wanted to work by himself for the first hour, which was fine by me).  And given the temperature in that room, I see no reason to get there early.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2009, 12:29:44 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2009, 12:33:05 PM »

Why is everyone just sitting there like so much fish on a winter's day in the middle of a bad economy?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »

Welcome five GUESTS.  Who ARE you people?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2009, 12:38:14 PM »

I have nothing to say

And so I shall say nothing

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2009, 12:39:42 PM »

Say SOMETHING.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »

How's the baby?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »

How's the husband?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »

Baby has been singing with me all day, quite sweetly, although his diction could use some work.  He sang along with me as I went through The Fantasticks, but then he began to cry when I attempted some Annie Get Your Gun.  He apparently doesn't care for Berlin.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2009, 12:45:13 PM »

I am up; it is freezing, and I had to take Sugar out to do her thing.  Lovely having her here, but I'll admit, the days when I cold just open the door and let her out loose in her own big fenced yard were easier on cold mornings.  She is cutely curled on the couch now.  And yes, walking 20 miles in the snow so she can pee is worth it.   Thank God we live in the desert!

Freezing! Oh, Mary, get off my dress :)

You're from Arizona. Freezing to you is 65 degrees ;)

It was no more than 52 degrees, but i think it was actually officially 47 degrees at the time. 

Freezing is 32 degrees.   :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2009, 12:46:30 PM »

Husband has been hard at work installing some laminate flooring in the basement to replace the carpet that was ruined in the flood last month.  He is sweating and swearing and acting generally very manly.

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2009, 12:49:30 PM »

Photo: Nasty Sassy wears a Frisbee as a hat while she plays with her owner Ping Latvong at John Marshall Park in Anaheim.  Credit: Kari Rene Hall/Los Angeles Times.

der Brucer

She looks a lot like our dog Sugar looked when I was growing up.  Sugar has passed on to the great dog park in the sky with her poodle brother Charlie and her former playmates Freckles, Heinie, Heidi and Snoopy, the neighbor dogs

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »

I shall have to toddle off to rehearsal shortly - one problem is that the rehearsal room is about twelve degrees and there's no heat other than this tiny little portable thing that sits on the floor.  I think I'm going to get some chicken soup after Cason stops by at four-thirty.

I think I suggested yesterday that you wear lots of clothes....layers....you could even wear a hat.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »

I'm currently sitting outside in Worldwide Plaza - home of New World (formerly Dodger) stages. It's a little chilly, but the sun is keeping me warm.  I have another three or four hours coming up spent in a window-less studio, so I'm getting my Vitamin E while I can.

Are you sure you dont' mean vitamin D?  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2009, 12:58:03 PM »

I actually slept until 11:00 AM today.  I can't remember the last time I've slept in that late.  I probably got around 11 hours of sleep and man did I need it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2009, 12:58:57 PM »

I'm doing laundry and still resting.  Sometimes I forget to take care of myself, so even though I have many things to do for the office and with the remodel, I'm focusing on the basic chores and relaxing today

td

• td
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »

Something.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »

Well said, td

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »

It's starting to get cloudy, we may have a chance of snow. Right now it's a balmy 33 out.  Not freezing at all ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2009, 01:04:28 PM »

Oh, I better go shut the curtains in the new room, the sun heats it up down there, but when the sun isn't out the windows make it FREEZING in there.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »

...and I happen to know for a fact that this person hasn't even had the courtesy to even open the PM I sent explaining how I felt about it (it was a very even-keeled PM - nothing bad in it).

BK, it's possible that this person has actually read the message.  When one sends a PM, an e-mail with the message is also sent to the recipient if said recipient has his or her e-mail address in his or her profile.  So one does not have to actually log into HHW to read the PMs.

I don't, other people do.  It must be how it is set up.  I guess Keith fixed it so I could.  Good thing too or I would miss at least half of my PMs.

If I read a post saying I wasn't returning, though the thought never entered my mind, I might not return after reading said statement.

Here's the deal: I'm not the villain in this piece.  Period.  The End.  I am merely pointing out that this person is obviously not going to return - it's too bad, was my point.  And let me be clear - it's not that fact that this person doesn't care for some of my work (even though this person is offering an opinion not  actually having first hand knowledge of it for the last four years, at least), no, the bothersome stuff was the sort of personal quality of it - again, I'm not going to go into details but you Jane, especially, should know that this sort of thing has to be pretty bad for me to be bothered by it.  Again, I didn't castigate in my PM to the person, and I just find it weird that this person won't even read it.  I like the person and have been nothing but kind and supportive from the day the person arrived to the time the person chose to send the PM.  It's that simple.  And the world goes round.

I know how upset you are.  I'm just saying you may have come to conclusions too quickly, and have stating them they will come true.  Not everyone reads PM's right away, or even sees them.  It depends how they are set up.  Mine come directly to our main email address.  I have considered changing it to a different address.  I haven't because I might not see them for a day or two.  Actually I have had that happen with my main email as well.  I gather you didn't have this person's email address to write them directly instead of using a PM.  Even so I would have given this person a couple of days, time to receive & time to think about a response.  Not knowing the details, nor am I asking for them, I'm not sure what sort of response a person could make.

td

• td
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »

Something else.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2009, 01:16:15 PM »

I feel like doing nothing but snuggling up on the couch with Cat Freddy and watching movies....right now I have SOUTH PACIFIC in the dvd player. I have not seen this film all the way through since I was a kid. It was never a favorite of mine. I always preferred musicals that took place in the city, rather then in the jungles...but this film does have it good points, and I image that Josh Logan had a lot of fun casting it  8)

Still, Ray Walston makes my skin crawl every time he is in a scene.

This DVD is not anamorphic. There must be a newer release that is.

Yes indeed, DR MBarnum. It came out a year or so ago and is a beautiful encoding offering both the theatrical and roadshow releases of the film.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »

It's chilly outside but a beautiful day otherwise. I spent a few minutes on the porch. It's an unusually quiet Sunday. Folks around here must be inside watching the Daytona 500.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »

And, of course, coming up shortly is the Blu-ray release of SOUTH PACIFIC which, despite my reservations about aspects of the movie version, I am looking forward to.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up