Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CHILL PILL  (Read 22707 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CHILL PILL
« on: March 02, 2009, 12:13:13 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were chilled, and now it is time for you to post until the chilled cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CHILL PILL
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 12:14:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: CAPTIOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:29:19 AM »

As you know, we're releasing two CDs - here is the first of them. 

AT LONG LAST - ANYA!  THE MUSICAL MUSICAL

Kritzerland is proud to present the first ever CD release of the Original Cast Recording of Anya, with a score by Robert Wright and George Forrest (based on themes by Sergei Rachmaninoff).

Anya, the musical version of Anastasia, opened on Broadway at the end of 1965 at the Ziegfeld Theater and lasted a mere fifteen performances.  Nobody would have predicted that a new musical by the team that wrote Kismet (here doing to Rachmaninoff what in Kismet they did to Borodin), written by George Abbott and Guy Bolton, and direction by George Abbott would end up being such a troubled production and such a huge flop.  Happily, United Artists Records went ahead and recorded the cast album and just as happily we’re thrilled to finally bring it to CD.  Whatever the show’s problems (it’s been revised several times since), the album is filled with glorious music, excellent performances, and is indeed a most musical musical.  The Rachmaninoff “themes” are masterfully used by Wright and Forrest (no one was better at that sort of thing than they were), and Don Walker’s orchestrations and Harold Hastings’ musical direction make the most out of all of those gorgeous melodies. 

The wonderful cast includes Constance Towers, Michael Kermoyan, Lillian Gish, and Irra Petina, as well as the still alive and kicking George S. Irving.  New liner notes are by Walter Willison (Tony-nominee for Two By Two), who was very close to Wright and Forrest. 

The CD is a Limited Edition of 1000 copies only. 

Digitally remastered from the original album master tapes.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship the second week of April – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to three weeks ahead of the street date.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:28 AM »

And here's the soundtrack release - please keep this one MUM - it's for your eyes only until the official announcement.  This one is going to sell out within hours (I already know what my dealers are taking and I'm simply not going to have that many left).

THAT MAN FROM RIO - CLASSIC GEORGES DELERUE SCORE MAKES ITS CD DEBUT!

Kritzerland is proud to present its newest limited edition CD – the original motion picture soundtrack to Philippe de Broca’s classic That Man From Rio, with music by Georges Delerue.

That Man From Rio hit movie screens in 1964 and was an instant sensation.   A brilliant adventure comedy thriller, the film had it all – adventure, comedy, and thrills and plenty of them, plus the star power of Jean-Paul Belmondo in the lead, along with the stunningly beautiful Francoise Dorleac as his fiancé.  Also on hand were Jean Servais and Adolfo Celi, both terrific in supporting roles.  The film was shot on location in France, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia (the city of the future, just then being built).  The film was a huge success, especially in the United States, so much so that its screenplay was nominated for an Academy Award.

The score was by de Broca’s frequent collaborator, the great Georges Delerue.  For That Man From Rio Delerue created one of his most delightful scores, one that perfectly accompanied the outrageous action on the screen.  The score has so much variety and humor and melody and beauty, and in so many different styles – from pure adventure scoring to Brazilian rhythms (and some great songs), along with some hauntingly beautiful passages, and all in the classic Delerue style.  The duo of de Broca and Delerue is a triumph of music and image working hand in hand. 

At the time of the film’s release, two 45rpm EPs were released, one in France and one in the UK, both comprised of different material and amounting to approximately twenty minutes of music.  Both were very hard to find and became very sought after collector’s items.  Universal France issued what they called a “soundtrack” CD – that had only six cues, three of which weren’t from the soundtrack at all, but were re-recordings conducted by Alexandre Desplat.  The reasons for this, as stated in their booklet, was that the cupboard was bare for Rio tapes in Delerue’s personal archive.

Happily, the cupboard wasn’t bare for Kritzerland and we are thrilled to present every note of Georges Delerue’s marvelous score, all taken from the original tapes.  In addition to the complete score, we’ve included a few things that didn’t make the film, as well as some alternate versions of cues, where tempos were different.  The CD runs over seventy minutes.

Some of the cues are mono, some stereo and are presented here exactly as they were recorded. 

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.  The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship the second week of April – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to three weeks earlier.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:39:10 AM »

BK, how much is shipping for the two CDs together?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 12:40:06 AM »

And there you have it.  If you'd like to order, just go to paypal and pay directly to our paypal account address - kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  Whether you purchase one or both, shipping is $3.75.  In fact, if anyone orders multiples beyond the two, I'll keep the shipping at $3.75 for up to five copies.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »

As most of you know, That Man From Rio is one of my all-time favorite 1960s films - I've probably seen it about fifty times and I never ever tire of it.  It is a real thrill to be able to bring this out - the fact that it was available to license continues to astonish me.  And the fact that MGM had ALL the original tapes in great condition was the icing on the cake.  As you know, I had one intense sixteen-hour day where I put the sequencing together - I'd first had to listen to twelve tapes-worth of material - it was daunting but I think it came out really well.  And the music is fantastic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 12:43:45 AM »

And Anya sounds terrific, too.  It's actually quite a nice score, and you can't really beat the tunes of that great Broadway composer, Sergei Rachmaninoff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 12:45:06 AM »

I'm thinking it's now probably okay to alert the castrecl group to Anya - so if you'd like to forward them the info it's okay, but be sure to let them know that it won't be available to order until the official announcement, which will be, most likely, next Monday.

George

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 12:48:55 AM »

I've placed my order! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 12:52:43 AM »

You have indeed.

George

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 12:53:58 AM »

And now, I'm off to bed.

Good night, BK. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 05:55:23 AM »

Ah ha!  Such great news about the new releases......

TOD:  Revenge of the Creature
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 05:55:44 AM »

Slow day at Black Rock!

The second post since 3:35:58AM (EST).

Ben

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 05:56:51 AM »

Yes, glad to hear about Anya

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 06:08:40 AM »

TOD: UNFORGIVEN

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 06:25:04 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm watching the snow fall.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33:15 AM »

Good Morning... the snow is still falling here, school has been cancelled and the Vixter is outside clearing the walkways for the second time.   

She got up early and went out at 6:00 to suprise Vixdad with a cleared driveway when he got up.  SHe was shoveling for a good hour and a half to clear all the snow away.

Then she came in to a well deserved breakfast of waffles and hot chocolate milk with mini marshmallows.

Now that she got all warm and cozy again she is back out in the snow.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 06:34:48 AM »

The snow is supposed to continue falling all day.  I think I will be calling the swallowing therapist and postponing my appointment to later in the week

vixmom

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »

I have just called the therapist and changed my appointment to Thursday morning.

vixmom

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 06:44:37 AM »

Yesterday afternoon I went to the Vixter's basketball game.  It was the first time I went out "socially' since December 30.    It was a very exciting game with the Vixter's team leading by a small margin the whole time.  Unfortunately the other team pulled ahead in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Oh well.

It as really nice to be out and about even if it was just for a little over an hour.

Maybe on Sunday I will attempt to go back to church again.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

More gettin'-out vibes to Vixmom!

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 06:49:49 AM »

re: last night's BROTHERS & SISTERS

dasuifdsioudfsiuo oiu uoi iuooiudfsaioudsfoiudfsoiudsoidfsoiuoiudfsauoidfsu oioiuiuo oooo
dafsoiudfsoiudfsoiudfsoiudfoiudfoiudfuiodfiuodfoi udfioudfsiodsiodiudfiuofduioiuouiooo
I will agree that last night's show was absolutely riveting. Very interesting to watch.
But i obviously agree with DR Jose. Come on, "a birth, a death...". I get why
they did that. But to me when you announce a death there needs to be one.  It
was slightly ridiculous that kevin kept saying "well rob lowe you actually did die..."
 just so that we would know that that was the death.  I was totally expecting a)
the governor to pull the plug on rob lowe, b) david to be hit by a car,
c) something to happen to the kid ryan, or d) tommy dying.  It was a satisfying
 episode. But yet unsatisfying because they misled us. But i am sure glad that
rob lowe's character did not die. I love him. ANd was afraid that after
 all his interviews last week that he was going to be the one ajkdffjldflkjsdflkjdlkfjlkjdfkllkj
dsafkjldfskljdfskjldsfkjldsflkjdfskljdkjldfskjfkj lkljdfskjldfjlkjlkljkljkjlkljlkjlkjkljkjlkljkkjkj loooo
dfajkldsfkjldfskjllkjkjlkjlkjlkljkjlkjlkljkjkjkjk kljkjl8798979879878978978978978987oooo

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:51:26 AM by Jennifer »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 06:50:18 AM »

Bruce, the two new releases look great.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 06:50:47 AM »

I have nothing to report.

DAW

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 06:52:21 AM »

Greetings, Dear Readers.

Public transit schedules were a bit fouled up today due to the snow.  It took me almost 3 hours to get to work, but I am here.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 06:52:26 AM »

Well, it's starting to snow here again in Philly.  There was not much when I woke this morning on the Jersey side of the river.  I even took the time to clear the walkways before cleaning off the car and driving here to work.  Not exactly the Sorm of the Year they were freaking out about last night on the news, but still, everything looks pretty out there.

Picture is a little dark but that's how my cell phone took it...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 06:52:30 AM »

Today is the Birthday of Dr. Seuss - I think Green Eggs and Ham is my favorite Dr. Seuss book

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 06:54:35 AM »

DR vixmom - Sounds like you're definitely on the Road to Recovery, as well as Getting Back to Normal.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:07 AM »

bk - The two new releases look great.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up