Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CHILL PILL  (Read 22706 times)

Kerry

Re: CHILL PILL
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:58 AM »

TOD:

Francis in the Navy
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 06:57:26 AM »

Plus, several people called in this morning, so the two meetings I had today have been cancelled!  It's like a snow day at the office and I can goof off!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 06:59:38 AM »

As much as I like the more popular Dr Suess books (HOW THE GRINCH..., GREEN EGGS AND HAM), my favorite is ONE FISH, TWO FISH, RED FISH, BLUE FISH.  Wonderfully silly and great illustrations.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 07:02:23 AM »

Good morning.

Your church family will be so glad to see you, Vixmom, if you go to church on Sunday.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 07:03:23 AM »

The snow is picking up here in Manhattan. Many people are either late or not coming in today. I have a meeting at 3 but one of the main people involved cannot make it to the office because of the snow so perhaps that meeting will be cancelled. Many people here are griping about coming in to the office since all schools in New York City have been closed.

If I recall correctly we are due for rain at the end of the week which means this snow won't be around for long even the snow that's coming right now. The temperature will rise as the week progresses and the snow will be washed away.

Ben

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 07:03:59 AM »

Vixmom, glad to hear you're feeling better. Perhaps when Anthony gets back and we have some time on Long Island we can come over for a visit.

Ben

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:29 AM »

And now I must get back to the Intel Foundation

Ben

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 07:05:26 AM »

I'm listening to my usual Monday morning feast of BBC programs. Right now it's

David Jacobs

to be follwed by

Russell Davies

and then

Alex Hall

Alex Hall 2

Tomorrow I will listen to

Desmond Carrington
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:10:55 AM by Ben »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 07:09:15 AM »

I'm listening to my usual Monday morning feast of BBC programs. Right now it's David Jacobs to be follwed by Russell Davies and then Alex (a woman) Hall. Tomorrow I will listen to Desmond Carrington.

Ben, what BBC station is this and what do these various individuals do?  Myself, I'm a big BBC 4 fan and listen to a lot of the comedy quizzes...The News Quiz; Just A Minute; The Now Show; Sorry, I haven't A Clue, etc.  I also listen to Danny Baker on BBC London.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 07:10:39 AM »

Good morning.

Your church family will be so glad to see you, Vixmom, if you go to church on Sunday.

I had actually thought about goining this week and I slept so well I slept all morning and didnlt wake up until the Vixter was walking out the door for the service
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Laura

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 07:11:06 AM »

The snow is absent here; it is supposed to get near 90 degrees today.

vixmom

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 07:11:42 AM »

Vixmom, glad to hear you're feeling better. Perhaps when Anthony gets back and we have some time on Long Island we can come over for a visit.

That would be nice!

Ben

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »

I'm listening to my usual Monday morning feast of BBC programs. Right now it's David Jacobs to be follwed by Russell Davies and then Alex (a woman) Hall. Tomorrow I will listen to Desmond Carrington.

Ben, what BBC station is this and what do these various individuals do?  Myself, I'm a big BBC 4 fan and listen to a lot of the comedy quizzes...The News Quiz; Just A Minute; The Now Show; Sorry, I haven't A Clue, etc.  I also listen to Danny Baker on BBC London.

It's BBC 2. They are music programs. I've modified my post and included the Web sites for each of them. I also listen to BBC 4 Just a Minute. Great program.

vixmom

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 07:14:13 AM »

Sandra: "When I go back in time..."
Me: "You're NOT going to kick Victor Hugo's butt!"
Sandra: "No. I just want to ask him how they got that guy out of the nun's grave, because I can't remember."

Dr Laura - I love it that DR Sandra begins by saying "WHEN I go back in time? rather than  "If I could go back in time" and that you are worried about her minding her manners when she gets there!!!

vixmom

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 07:15:50 AM »

The snow is absent here; it is supposed to get near 90 degrees today.

oh that sounds nice and cozy.  I am feeling chilly here in the house - the Vixter must be freezing out there.... ( she is still shoveling)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 07:24:31 AM »

Good morning, all! I love New York when it snows; it's so quiet that I slept very late and now the laundry is in the washers, and I have to mop the kitcen and bathroom before I can gwt to work on the BABES libretto and Mr Loesser's wonderful score.

The reviews to GUYS & DOLLS have been very poor, but that's been the gossip on the various theatre boards. I'm not a fan of the director nor the orchestrator but I do feel sorry for Jo Loesser because I love her quite a lot and I know she'd want to see the show a big success. I also know some of the backstage gossip on this revival and I wish the original plan to bring over the last London production had happened.

I cannot order ANYA till Wednesday, so hold one for me! The only Delerue score I want to see on CD is LE ROI DE COEUR and given the movie's cult status, I don't know why it's never been issied on CD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 07:25:18 AM »

I have placed my order(s) and forwarded info to CASTRECL.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2009, 07:30:12 AM »

I didn't find BROTHERS & SISTERS at all unsatisfying, mainly because I hadn't paid attention to the promos and didn't know I supposed to expect a death within the two hour running time. That's one reason I try to pay no attention to previews or promos of programs I like. There are no built-in letdowns when I don't know what's coming. I take what they offer and evaluate accordingly.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2009, 07:32:36 AM »

Good morning!

Looks like about 4-5 inches of snow here, but the roads are surprisingly clear. It's VERY cold outside, and even though the sun is shining brightly, I'm not sure how much melting there will be today.

Laura

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2009, 07:33:27 AM »

What did they do to Guys and Dolls to get bad reviews? Great story, wonderful music, funny characters.

Did they try to re-set the time or hire lousy actors? (We saw a local production they ruined with the wrong actors.)

vixmom

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »

Good morning, all! I love New York when it snows; it's so quiet that I slept very late and now the laundry is in the washers, and I have to mop the kitcen and bathroom before I can gwt to work on the BABES libretto and Mr Loesser's wonderful score.

The reviews to GUYS & DOLLS have been very poor, but that's been the gossip on the various theatre boards. I'm not a fan of the director nor the orchestrator but I do feel sorry for Jo Loesser because I love her quite a lot and I know she'd want to see the show a big success. I also know some of the backstage gossip on this revival and I wish the original plan to bring over the last London production had happened.

I am sorry to hear this.  I was hoping to bring the Vixter to see this when I got better.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2009, 07:33:57 AM »

I had a bit of a scare last night as I was reading before turning the lights out. The power went off! All I could think about was trying to stay warm with the temperatures below freezing. Luckily, about five minutes later it came back on and stayed on all night. But it was an anxious few minutes.

MBarnum

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 07:34:30 AM »

TOD:

Revenge of the Creature

Gran Torino

vixmom

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 07:35:39 AM »

Matt H did you ever look at Big Love?  I have not been following it regularly but whenever I happen across it I find myself sucked in to the episode and end up watching the to the end.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2009, 07:36:13 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

NBC - CHUCK, HEROES, MEDIUM
CBS - comedies (including the season premiere of RULES OF ENGAGEMENT), CSI: MIAMI
ABC - THE BACHELOR (three hours)
FOX - '24' (two hours)
TNT - SAVING GRACE (winter season premiere)

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2009, 07:36:58 AM »

Matt H did you ever look at Big Love?  I have not been following it regularly but whenever I happen across it I find myself sucked in to the episode and end up watching the to the end.

From the get-go, the premise didn't seem interesting to me though I understand it's quite good. I've just never found the time to add it to my viewing schedule.

vixmom

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2009, 07:37:43 AM »

I had a bit of a scare last night as I was reading before turning the lights out. The power went off! All I could think about was trying to stay warm with the temperatures below freezing. Luckily, about five minutes later it came back on and stayed on all night. But it was an anxious few minutes.

That's what I always worry about when we have these big snows.  We lost the power a couple of weeks ago for the most part of the day and all we were having was a rainstorm (not even thunder and lightening)

vixmom

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2009, 07:38:40 AM »

From the get-go, the premise didn't seem interesting to me though I understand it's quite good. I've just never found the time to add it to my viewing schedule.

Oh well - perhaps you will end up reviewing it when it gets to DVD!

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2009, 07:39:30 AM »

Favorite Clint films:

IN THE LINE OF FIRE

HONKYTONK MAN

THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY

MAGNUM FORCE

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2009, 07:40:19 AM »

Oh well - perhaps you will end up reviewing it when it gets to DVD!

Anything's possible even though it's Showtime's line-up I get first crack at. HBO belongs to someone else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up