Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CHILL PILL  (Read 23110 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: CHILL PILL
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »

Very cold here but NO snow!  I can't wash my hair.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »

As several DRs can testify, I've been listening to a lot of Disney soundtracks: this morning, CINDERELLA, BAMBI and PINOCCHIO. Saturday was ALICE IN WONDERLAND. I find the least interesting score in terms of composition and orchestration to be CINDERELLA, which surprises me since it's a romantic story. PINOCCHIO sure is beautiful!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »

Jose - are you in New York today?  I've lost track.

Fred - Yes, I'm in New York today.  (-But I was in Virginia last week, got back to NYC early Saturday morning, and will be heading to Birmingham this Wednesday, be back Sunday, then down to Charleston, SC, next week... etc., etc., etc.)

He's just a li'l bee!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:02 AM »

I can't dance on this MAC.

Ben

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2009, 09:08:30 AM »

Ahh, another convert!

How many more until you win your toaster?

I don't want a toaster, I want my own program on the BBC!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2009, 09:11:57 AM »

As for last night's "Brothers & Sisters"....

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec ultrices orci non justo. Maecenas tristique. Integer ac felis sed nisl cursus facilisis. Praesent erat. Ut vehicula dolor vel risus. Proin imperdiet tempor arcu. Suspendisse potenti. Mauris interdum hendrerit arcu. Cras rhoncus velit et elit. Cras at sapien quis magna ullamcorper sodales. Aenean varius. Mauris ipsum tortor, feugiat a, viverra et, suscipit et, purus. Mauris eleifend. Suspendisse justo leo, pulvinar et, adipiscing ut, vehicula nec, diam. Quisque ut eros non orci dapibus ultrices. I really did love last night's episode. Yes, I thought the promos were sort of misleading, but that didn't ruin the show for me. In fact, it made it sort of fun to watch. My roommates, Jim and Megan, are true fans of the show - they think of the Walker family as their own. So, of course, when Rob Lowe's character collapsed, well, they both started crying. -And Jim had read an interview with Rob Lowe that said that something might be happening to either his character or to Kevin (Matthew Rhys).  Then after it was made clear that McCallister was going to live, then we started wondering if there would be some sort of shocker later in the episode. -Was Saul going to be in an accident? Was Holly going to run over Tommy? Was Tommy going to commit suicide? Was the surrogate mother going to drop dead after having the baby? Of course, after dealing with my mother's own open-heart surgery, I thought that the Senator's recovery was very fast - and there would have been no way he would have been able to hold his baby and place him on his chest with all those fresh stitches.  But, again, a very good "movie" last night. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec ultrices orci non justo. Maecenas tristique. Integer ac felis sed nisl cursus facilisis. Praesent erat. Ut vehicula dolor vel risus. Proin imperdiet tempor arcu. Suspendisse potenti.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »

First you place it on the floor...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, it looks like I'll be babysitting this afternoon for an hour or two.  My friend, Chris, got called in for a last-minute audition this afternoon, and wondered if I would like to spend some time with his two-year old son.  Yes! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2009, 09:27:36 AM »

Oh, how fun, Jose! Have a great time.

I suggest homemade play dough and cookie cutters.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2009, 09:31:49 AM »

First you place it on the floor...

There have been a couple of moments...........

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2009, 09:33:43 AM »

Oh, how fun, Jose! Have a great time.

I suggest homemade play dough and cookie cutters.

Henry usually just loves to play and torment their family dog, Betty. ;)  However, I believe Henry will most likely be napping while I'm there.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »

The new roof is being installed.  Oy.

The plumber must come back to do what I asked him to do the first time.  Oy.

Someone uploaded the OLC of MOLM to Rapidshare a while ago--I think I have it if anyone's interested.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2009, 09:34:38 AM »

Well, I should get ready to head out. I'll have my iPhone and MacBook with me, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »

Hi all.  I"m just popping in real quick.  I have jury duty today and got picked first thing.  I thought I would have most of the day to be on the computer but alas, it was not to be.

I'm sorry to DR Jane if I sounded rude in my email about the phone.  That Virgin phone is cheep to keep but expensive to use.  I need to keep as much money as I can right now for Sheena and maybe for a lawyer so I really can't talk. 

Thelma's phone is always busy so I hate to use it and she has the idea that this board is like Facebook and can give her computer a virus.  I told her no and promised I wouldn't go on FaceBook but that didn't help.  That's why I haven't been posting.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2009, 09:37:22 AM »

I can't thank you all enough for the prayers, support and vibes for Sheena and I.  This guy is a first class JERK.

There is no way I can live in the house without any kind of water or electricty.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »

Very cold here but NO snow!  I can't wash my hair.

But you CAN do a lot of "kissin'"!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:43:51 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, it looks like I'll be babysitting this afternoon for an hour or two.  My friend, Chris, got called in for a last-minute audition this afternoon, and wondered if I would like to spend some time with his two-year old son.  Yes! :)

I hope he's paying you! And speaking of adorable children, here's Jayden and his Christmas dog, Scooter, whom Jayden named.

Danise

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »

I am typing up a letter to go to one of the local news stations.  I hope that helps.  I also contacted my insurance agent and asked her to contact him as well.  I thought that might throw the fear of God into him if she said they need to do the inspection and maybe light a fire under his butt.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2009, 09:40:03 AM »

At Christmas, Jayden was going through a chapstick infatuation, so I gave him a cherry-flavored one. It seems that he's since put iit into his sister Riley's hair!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »

TOD:

Francis in the Navy

LOL!

My choice would be "Paint Your Wagon" (and "The Outlaw Josey Wales").
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2009, 09:42:41 AM »

DR MBarnum:  Is "Howard the Duck" a film with which you are familiar?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2009, 09:46:49 AM »

Good Morning... the snow is still falling here, school has been cancelled and the Vixter is outside clearing the walkways for the second time.  

She got up early and went out at 6:00 to suprise Vixdad with a cleared driveway when he got up.  SHe was shoveling for a good hour and a half to clear all the snow away.

Then she came in to a well deserved breakfast of waffles and hot chocolate milk with mini marshmallows.

Now that she got all warm and cozy again she is back out in the snow.

What a great kid!!!  :)

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2009, 09:48:34 AM »

DR DtM thank you for the photo of the city my son lives in, and the city my father was born in.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2009, 09:49:25 AM »

Good morning.

Your church family will be so glad to see you, Vixmom, if you go to church on Sunday.

I'm sure they will be, as we are very happy you are getting out again.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2009, 09:50:09 AM »

Yesterday, I rewatched Jeffrey Buttle's World Championship long program, along with the long program of Brian Joubert and an overly cautious Johnny Weir.

Dick Button and Paul Wylie were the commentators for ABC last year and they both felt Buttle's program lacked sufficient point value to beat Joubert (and Buttle had been 4.5 points ahead of Joubert going into the long program).

They were very, very wrong, so far as the judges were concerned.  Buttle's skate -- the best male skating performance I've ever seen -- beat Joubert's by a considerable margin.  And although Button and Wylie were "tski-ng" over Buttle's not having a quad and, presumably, thinking that Joubert's one quad would give him more points than Buttle could overcome, Buttle's technical score was 6 points higher than Joubert's.  Of course, Buttle had a complete program with great music and very sophisticated footwork.  He also landed as many triples as Joubert did, including a three-jump combination.  Joubert was very good, but his content was more attuned toward setting up jumps than working difficult footwork into the entrances and exits to his jumps.  That was Buttle's strength, I believe.

I'll be very interested to see what develops at the World championships this month.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:54:44 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

I had a bit of a scare last night as I was reading before turning the lights out. The power went off! All I could think about was trying to stay warm with the temperatures below freezing. Luckily, about five minutes later it came back on and stayed on all night. But it was an anxious few minutes.

It is no fun when the heat goes out in the winter.  I've been there too many times.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2009, 09:55:06 AM »

Ah, you and Keith have your love to keep you warm...not to mention doggies.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2009, 09:56:52 AM »

Doctor's appointment today (at noon) and a dentist appointment tomorrow morning (a cleaning).

What a crappy start to a wet week.

DAW

« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2009, 09:58:54 AM »

I didn't know there was skating on this weekend, or I would have watched it.    :(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »

I didn't know there was skating on this weekend, or I would have watched it.    :(

"RE-watched".....LAST YEAR's.....and all on my homemade DVD-R.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up