Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THIS IS MY BELOVED  (Read 48058 times)

td

• td
Re: AND THIS IS MY BELOVED
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2009, 07:15:35 PM »

I'm not a big Oliver Stone fan, either, but, I do really like his JFK (as a film not as history) and I truly enjoy every minute of ALEXANDER, especially in his final cut.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »

Or Rev. Melanie Petajan (her married name, not sure if she changed it after she divorced, but I think she's in your neck of the woods and now has a female partner).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2009, 07:18:16 PM »

DR JMK - those names don't sound familiar to me, but I will ask Richard.  Do you know if either of them went to seminary at Nashotah House?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2009, 07:19:17 PM »

Speaking of names that go with professions, we sometimes hear an ad on the radio for a dentist named Dr. Lipps.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2009, 07:22:01 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »

DR JMK - those names don't sound familiar to me, but I will ask Richard.  Do you know if either of them went to seminary at Nashotah House?

Simon wouldn't have as he's British.  Totally cool guy, got in trouble at St. James for having the audacity to preach against the Iraq war.  It was downhill from there (this was back in the ra-ra-Bushie era).

I'm not sure about Raggs.  I know she was one of the first women ordained to be a priest and has a certain reputation due to that.  In the small world department she had been the Chaplain at the Episcopalian parochial school I attended in Salt Lake City before she came up to Portland (obviously years after I attended).

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2009, 07:29:07 PM »

DR TCB, congratulations on your win.  I hope it didn't all go towards paying for brunch.;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »

DR Ginny I think it is great you and Richard enjoy the long drives together listening to books.

JMK

« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »

Brunch at the Red Wind was okay.  Not great, but okay.  I ended up buying brunch for all four of us, because I won $450.00 on the slot machines.

Well, between that and the money Elmore is sending, I guess you can finally start to pay me back.     ;D

JMK

« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »

Speaking of snow, the weirdest damn thing happened today.  I had to drive out to the theater where we'll be doing The Producers, for a final round of auditions.  My neighborhood was wet, as in rain.  As soon as I drove next to Lewis & Clark Law School, suddenly there was about six inches of snow on the ground!  And it was just in this one 2 mile or so corridor next to Tryon Creek State Park.  As soon as I got to Lake Oswego it was gone again.  I've never seen "micro-weather" like that before.  Absolutely no snow one second, turn a corner and there's six inches of it!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2009, 07:39:29 PM »

Congrats TCB!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2009, 07:39:37 PM »

Congrats Druxy on your play!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »

We get microweather every so often here in the summer...  and sometimes even in the winter

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:52 PM »

I have seen it in the summer where it is pouring in on spot and less than a mile away the sun is shining..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2009, 07:41:51 PM »

One thing I have noted about older films and dvds is that they may not be closed captioned and I noticed that about The Far Pavilions

JMK

« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »

I have seen it in the summer where it is pouring in on spot and less than a mile away the sun is shining..

Well that's any day here in Portland.  :)  What was weird here was the *amount* of snow--one place, nada.  The next spot over half a foot.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #226 on: March 08, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »

Oddly when I clicked CC on my new telly it isnot showing up at all whether dvd or regular telly

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: March 08, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »

Well that's any day here in Portland.  :)  What was weird here was the *amount* of snow--one place, nada.  The next spot over half a foot.

that is a bit peculiar... May it is a harbinger for things to come

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: March 08, 2009, 07:43:47 PM »

The closed captioning did show up for a hwile and then just quit.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »

oddly the converter box on the OLD TELLY and I mean old, is giving that one closed caption capability.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »

I spent the last 2.5 hours watching the 2nd half of the BBC 1983 production of Dickens' DOMBEY AND SON. I watched the first half last night and i enjoyed it very much. Lord, those Victorians were a mess and this one's about a man so obsessed with his young son as an heir to his fortune that he ignores his daughter who craves his affection. Excellent cast, most of whom I'd never seen before, with lots of travails, a great sense of the plight of women pimped by their mothers as trade, a good cry, and some eccentric characters before Dickens wraps it up.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:51:32 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2009, 08:02:18 PM »

More details on the lady who wanted her tickets upgraded, please.  I love theater ticket stories.

td

• td
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »

Now that TCB has won, he can travel to Pittsburgh to visit!  Congrats!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2009, 08:07:23 PM »

I spent the last 2.5 hours watching the 2nd half of the BBC 1983 production of Dickens' DOMBEY AND SON. I watched the first half last night and i enjoyed it very much. Lord, those Victorians were a mess and this one's about a man so obsessed with his young son as an heir to his fortune that he ignores his daughter who craves his affection. Excellent cast, most of whom I'd never seen before, with lots of travails, a great sense of the plight of women pimped by their mothers as trade, a good cry, and some eccentric characters before Dickens wraps it up.

I have always enjoyed the BBC victorian dramas. They are amazingly done. I love Cranford.

MBarnum

« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2009, 08:08:12 PM »

Watched another wonderful Bollywood movie! Now on my list of all time favorites...APRADHI KUAN?.

The film introduced Lillian to Hindi audiences. She couldn't act worth beans, but she has very big boobs, which I image is how she managed to get this role.

..and I think she is wearing one of Barbie's 1959 fasions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXo7_viSZYU

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2009, 08:12:29 PM »

Michael, I am imagining you have a VERY large hindi and bollywood movie collection.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2009, 08:12:39 PM »

That was interesting...

Laura

« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »

More details on the lady who wanted her tickets upgraded, please.  I love theater ticket stories.

LOL. That's all I know. I've had those seats since DR Sandra was in high school.

"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »

Some people are just downright interesting...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2009, 08:17:52 PM »

Gee I am almost there....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up