Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CUE TWILIGHT ZONE MUSIC  (Read 36196 times)

Ginny

Re: CUE TWILIGHT ZONE MUSIC
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »

When we got home I found in my mailbox the DVD of Forget Me Not Lane!

So I shall be leaving you all to view said DVD!

Netflix delivered the same DVD to me today, but I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow - book group tonight!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2009, 02:55:26 PM »

Feel better vibes to DR Cillaliz - maybe you need to watch Forget-Me-Not Lane, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »

I ended the afternoon watching one more IDOL performance from last night. Anoop did OK with his song, but he did hit a few sour notes with that falsetto crooning. Still, there was a sweet tone to his voice, and some of it was rather pretty.

There is someone named Anoop on American Idol? I should be watching this show

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »

Pray that the river does nto go to 41 feet...

~~~Lower Water Vibes for DR Dakota!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »

Thanks for the Verizon heads up, DR George!

Anytime. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2009, 03:23:48 PM »

Sleuth is also part of an answer to a Trivia Question

What 2 films had the entire cast nominated for Academy Awards?

Sleuth is one.

Anyone know the other?

GIVE 'EM HELL, HARRY!

Correct!!!!!!!!!
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »

They just raised the crest to 43  feet... *&*&^%% !!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Laura

« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »

Oh no!

George

« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2009, 03:31:03 PM »

They just raised the crest to 43  feet... *&*&^%% !!!!!

:o NNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Michael

« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »

I totally forgot about the wonderful Judy Kaye who played Florence Foster Jenkins in the two hander Souvenier and the other character was Cosmo her pianist and teller of the story.

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2009, 03:37:49 PM »

I totally forgot about the wonderful Judy Kaye who played Florence Foster Jenkins in the two hander Souvenier and the other character was Cosmo her pianist and teller of the story.

An interesting side note the Standbys were Meg Bussert and Bob Stillman both Tony nominated actors/
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

Back from a great lunch with the lady I've been licensing from at MGM.  I think we're going to be doing a LOT of business.

George

« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »

Back from a great lunch with the lady I've been licensing from at MGM.  I think we're going to be doing a LOT of business.

That's great news!

George

« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »

About the doing a LOT of business with MGM, I mean.

George

« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »

Well...it's great news that you had a great lunch, too.

;)

Michael

« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2009, 03:47:16 PM »

Will you consider (if available) re-releasing soundtracks like A Funny Thing Happened..., It's Mad Mad...., Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The last releases although not bad had annoying sound bites mixed in the tracks
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »

What other labels fall under the MGM banner other than United Artists?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »

I think also The Greatest Story Ever Told and Man of La Mancha were also released by UA
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2009, 03:57:09 PM »

I had a stomach ache all day today.  I had a lot of work to do and since Edith was only there for the morning (visitation/funeral stuff rest of week).  I went in to work. When I finished my last hearing at 2:30 I was in real pain. (I had on a new suit and great shoes so I looked great, just didn't feel too hot)   so I came home.   I ate some bland food and drank some water with baking soda in it.  I am on the recliner in a blanket. I'm feeling a little better. 

Glad you're feeling better.  Even better that you looked so good today.  As Fernando used to say, "Better to look good than to feel good!"
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »

I had a stomach ache all day today.  I had a lot of work to do and since Edith was only there for the morning (visitation/funeral stuff rest of week).  I went in to work. When I finished my last hearing at 2:30 I was in real pain. (I had on a new suit and great shoes so I looked great, just didn't feel too hot)   so I came home.   I ate some bland food and drank some water with baking soda in it.  I am on the recliner in a blanket. I'm feeling a little better. 

Glad you're feeling better.  Even better that you looked so good today.  As Fernando used to say, "Better to look good than to feel good!"

Thanks.  And I must admit it made it much easier to keep plugging on through the day when people were complimenting me.  It was one of the first times I've worn my new clothes that actually fit instead of the big ones.  It's amazing how much difference that makes

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »

A most interesting post to CASTRECL from FJL, which makes me wonder why nothing of this arrangement was mentioned here--or did I miss it?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »

Will you consider (if available) re-releasing soundtracks like A Funny Thing Happened..., It's Mad Mad...., Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The last releases although not bad had annoying sound bites mixed in the tracks

Yes, those were quite annoying. :P

George

« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:43 PM »

A most interesting post to CASTRECL from FJL, which makes me wonder why nothing of this arrangement was mentioned here--or did I miss it?

What was it about??

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »

Oh, dear.   As if we didn't have enough to worry about already...

"DATA ROT"        :P

I recall reading about this a while ago.  One thing I've learned is that it's important to buy high quality blank CDs and DVDs to record on and to take the same care in storing them as you would with VHS tapes (like away from heat and high humidity.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »

I believe Chitty was reissued by Varese sans dialogue.  Not enough sales potential in the Funny Thing, I'm afraid.  I'm looking at ten titles right now - we'll see which might be available.

JMK

« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »

Not enough sales potential in the Funny Thing, I'm afraid. 

But I could get you Ken Thorne to do the liner notes.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »

What was it about??

I'll find out sometime this weekend, maybe tomorrow or later on the weekend. I get the digest version which means once a day at noon.

Ben

« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »

I'm listening to Donald and Bruce right now. Good show!

VODKA!

JMK

« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »

What was it about??

I'll find out sometime this weekend, maybe tomorrow or later on the weekend. I get the digest version which means once a day at noon.

I'm assuming Fred has no issues with it being public knowledge, since he posted about it, but his family is evidently helping Kritzerland release some of these great reissues.

George

« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2009, 04:26:55 PM »

What was it about??

I'm assuming Fred has no issues with it being public knowledge, since he posted about it, but his family is evidently helping Kritzerland release some of these great reissues.

That's pretty cool! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up