Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE  (Read 18370 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE
« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2009, 09:57:24 PM »

Back to tech tomorrow night, which means I will be prepping during the day, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2009, 10:29:11 PM »

Yesterday we had a mini family reunion due to celebrating my mom's 80th birthday. It was a blast!

A Very Happy (Belated) 80th Birthday to DR MBarnum's Mom!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »

Got caught up on some Netflix movies...TELL ME IN THE SUNSHINE (1965) was very interesting and was written and directed by Steve Cochran, who I like very much. It was quite low budget but I enjoyed it.  The leading lady was Shary Marshall who I remember having a small role in one of my favorite science fiction films, PANIC IN YEAR ZERO. She is sooooo beautiful and qutie a good star. I am suprised she didn't have a bigger career.

The other film was Ozu's GOOD MORNING (1959) which was a cute Japanese comedy. I run hot and cold on Ozu films and this was Ok. However the littlest kid in the film really stole the show and made the movie for me.

George

« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2009, 10:58:40 PM »

I was listening to Susan Egan singing Taylor The Latte Boy and then I came across Taylor the Latte Boy's response"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXfYTzfFXUw

Has anyone else heard it and what is your opinion

I'd seen this before.  It's really funny. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2009, 11:05:24 PM »

In other news...

It seems that Amazon.com has "deranked" a whole slew of titles, as well as pulled them from the search results.  The reason: possibly Adult, offensive content.  Consequently, any texts dealing with GLBT issues have been pulled - unless they are already available in a Kindle edition.  Additionally, works by authors such as James Baldwin to John Barrowman have been "pulled".

I'm sure there will be lots of press in the coming days, but, in the meantime, here's an "open letter" from BookSquare.com which explains some of what happened today.

Open Letter to Amazon Regarding Recent Policy Changes

This is unconscionable!  This is censorship, plain and simple, simple and plain!  I work at a library and we order things from Amazon that we can't get from other places.  If we (anyone) can't find them, how can they be ordered??  This is stupid, Stupid, STUPID!!

And it could end up being a PR nightmare for Amazon. :P

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2009, 12:01:57 AM »

Just wanted to say goodnight. 

I'll have to catch up on today's posts tomarrow after work.

Hope everyone's Monday starts the week off great.

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up