Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PINK  (Read 19123 times)

Cillaliz

Re: PINK
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »

Time to go home.  I am taking tomorrow off.  My brain just hasn't been into work this week. I've gotten a few new clients and turned some others down, but I really don't want to be here  - so the lawn sprinkler system guy comes at 8:00 AM.  It hasn't worked since I moved in and they don't have a map of where the lines are (or claim they don't) so I'm going to ask him to show me so I can plant a garden. And I'm going to get an estimate of what it would take to fix it. I don't like using it because it takes all the water that goes into the house and puts it into the sprinkler system, so I have NO water while it's on, but it would be nice to have my lawn watered again and I could limit it to once a week or just enough to keep the grass alive. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »

I'd also like to get a hair cut (well all of them) and a friend is liquidating her late husbands construction business and selling all the tools. She's going to meet me out there tomorrow to see if I want to buy any.  Cool! 

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »

And it's supposed to be 86 degrees tomorrow, but it's going to start raining on Friday and rain through the weekend. So if I want to do yard work, I've got to do it now.   

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »

DR Cillaliz - enjoy your day off tomorrow!  And send some of that warm weather this direction, OK?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2009, 02:59:50 PM »

Well, our chicken 'n' rice is beginning to smell good, so it's time to get some veggies ready to go with it...bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »

As you probably have figured out, Time Warner strikes again - no Internet service from before eight this morning until five minutes ago.  I also think you can guess what sort of conversations I've had with them today, right up to the top of the corporate ladder.  What a bunch of inept peckerwoods - this JUST happened three nights ago, when I had to post the notes in the middle of the night because they'd been down for three hours.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

ASK BK

Why did you decide to record Forbidden Hollywood "live' while the Forbidden Broadway albums were done in a studio?

Because frankly I didn't think the "humor" would play without the audience reaction - the Forbidden Broadway parodies are different in that regard.

Laura

« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »

I shall now take the Birthday Girl to get her piece of Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2009, 04:08:08 PM »

Just remember:

We are not a codfish.
Of course not.

"We" is plural.  "A codfish" is singular.

The correct phraseology would be "We are codfish."

Unless, of course, you are a carp.  But that's a different kettle of fish.

Golly!  Ya just had to suck the life out of it, dintcha!  :D

It's a movie quote from "Mary Poppins":

"Close your mouth please, Michael, we are not a codfish!"

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »

As you probably have figured out, Time Warner strikes again - no Internet service from before eight this morning until five minutes ago.  I also think you can guess what sort of conversations I've had with them today, right up to the top of the corporate ladder.  What a bunch of inept peckerwoods - this JUST happened three nights ago, when I had to post the notes in the middle of the night because they'd been down for three hours.

Is that why CASTRECL has "scooped" HHW vis a vis House of Flowers pre-orders?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DAW

« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2009, 04:17:54 PM »

I never thought I'd be saying this, but:

Thanks for defending my honor, DR Ron Pulliam!  :)

DAW

« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2009, 04:21:19 PM »

shouldn't you be donating or recycling this stuff

:)

Well, first off, no one would want this stuff...don't know why I ever saved it.

And yes, I will certainly be recycling it all!  I just used the trash bags as an easily grasped metaphorical aid.   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »

Sorry.  Here's the info on House Of Flowers - pre-preorders as always via paypal directly to our paypal address of kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  19.98 plus 3.75 shipping.

HOUSE OF FLOWERS

Kritzerland is proud to present the first ever CD release of the 1968 Revival Cast Recording of House Of Flowers, with a score by Harold Arlen and Truman Capote.

House Of Flowers originally opened on Broadway in 1954, where it received tepid critical notices, although both score and cast were praised, and how could they not be?  The show, based on a short story by Truman Capote, didn’t last long.  However, Capote had thought that production was too big, too Broadway – “I wanted it to be a simple thing,” Capote had said.  And so in 1968, Capote and the show’s original producer, Saint Subber, revived the show for the first time – not on Broadway, but at the 299-seat Theater de Lys off-Broadway, in a simplified, pared-down version.  As Capote said at the time, “This is going to be the show we meant to present.”  Sadly, even the simplified, pared-down version received tepid notices and folded quickly.

Whatever audiences and critics thought of the show itself, the score remains a glorious thing, filled with one incredible Arlen/Capote song after another, including several that have gone on to become standards, including “A Sleepin’ Bee,” “Don’t Like Goodbyes,” “Two Ladies In De Shade Of De Banana Tree,” and “I Never Has Seen Snow.”  The off-Broadway production was directed by Joseph Hardy, and featured a terrific cast – Yolande Bavan, Josephine Premice, Daniel Barrajanos, Charles Moore, Tom Helmore, Thelma Oliver and others.

The revival was fortunate to receive a cast album courtesy of United Artists Records.  This cast album is a very different beast from the original Broadway cast album – there are fantastic new arrangements and orchestrations by the then up-and-coming Joe Raposo, who would go on to legend status for writing some of the most beloved children’s songs ever for Sesame Street.   His work is much funkier and much more in tune with the Caribbean flavor of the score and it’s a constant delight to hear where he takes the score.  Also, there are new numbers not originally featured in the Broadway version, which makes this a must-have for Arlen and show completists – they include “Somethin’ Cool To Drink” which features one of Arlen’s most delectable melodies, and the rousing “Jump de Broom.”

This revival cast recording of House Of Flowers is tuneful, fun, well-sung, and, as Capote said, “… a simple thing” – and in all the right ways.

The CD is a Limited Edition of 1000 copies only. 

The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CDs will ship the first week of June – however, as those who’ve ordered directly from Kritzerland know, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks ahead of the street date.

DAW

« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »

Well THAT post certainly sent everyone off to take a cold shower now, didn't it??

JMK

« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2009, 04:40:42 PM »

Just make sure we know about Julius here first.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »

I have spent the past two days watching the absolutely amazing PLAYING SHAKESPEARE, a British series from the late 1970s and early 1980s.  I highly recommend it to everyone.  The RSC digging deep into texts and character approaches.  Fascinating.

JMK

« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »

I also had my first play-through this morning of Act I of THE PRODUCERS with my Key II person.  I have some absolutely mad synth patch switches, unfortunately a lot of them in Opening Night.  I guess that's best, though--get them over with up front.  :)

JMK

« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »

And just in case you think my life is all fun and games, I have also spent the last 2 days mowing the backyard lawn.  I still have about 1/3 to go.

DAW

« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2009, 04:58:01 PM »

Just make sure we know about Julius here first. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2009, 04:59:27 PM »

DR Cillaliz - enjoy your day off tomorrow!  And send some of that warm weather this direction, OK?

I'll try!

DAW

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2009, 05:05:40 PM »

shouldn't you be donating or recycling this stuff

:)

Well, first off, no one would want this stuff...don't know why I ever saved it.

And yes, I will certainly be recycling it all!  I just used the trash bags as an easily grasped metaphorical aid.  

I'm teasing you in a way. I threw out some things just this morning that no one would want and there is no way to recycle them.  It just made me laugh to see your post on earth day.   I think I'm going to go out and trim some more bushes while there is still light. Now that my 7 containers of trimmings from the bushes have been picked up I can start filling them again. 

Our landfill uses the organic waste to make methane that is used to make ethanol. So, it's great. Just fill up whatever containers and they haul all the yard clippings away

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »

I think this House Of Flowers will be a real pleasant surprise to those who go for it - we've already had a nice response from castrecl people - less so here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

Right now there is a big "Go Pink" campaign here as the town gears up for the first Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Sioux City.   That's the run/walk I'm doing.  I won't have "PINK" written across my butt but may do a little of the walk a little run a little. (is that like pick a little talk a little?)

The stores are all putting up "pink" displays - it's kind of cool to see

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »

Good afternoon everyone.

Dear Ben, cool.

Happy Birthday Sandra.

Dear George, glad you enjoyed the show.  It looked visually wonderful.

Dear MattH, thanks again, Criminal Minds tonight.

Happy earthday to Mother Earth.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »

Dear JR, I have maybe 20 photos from camping in the 70's, but can't remember the names.  And I took the photos.

Dear DAW, 8 bags congrats, I'd help defend your honor, and again your funny.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2009, 05:48:23 PM »

You are being a very good niece, DR GINNY.

Maybe so, DR JRand, but a great niece wouldn't be getting so weary from these trips.

That makes you an even kinder niece, you do it in spite of getting weary.

Sam

« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »

Well I must go write out the bills, still use checks and the mail, the old fashioned way.

And what to listen to ?  Must stay positive while paying bills.  I guess that means Guy Haines.

Sam

« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2009, 05:52:43 PM »

Hi Jane.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »

Hi Sam
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up