Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A NUDIE TUESDAY  (Read 12648 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: A NUDIE TUESDAY
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2009, 08:41:54 AM »

Good Morning, DR vixmom!

-You may have mentioned this before, but... Do you have any idea when you can - or want to - return to work?

My doctor says I can go back next Monday.  I have been trying to move all my cancer doctor's appointments into this week so I don't have to take any time off once I go back

This afternoon I will see my radiology oncologist, tomorrow I see the nutritionist and Thursday I see the oncology surgeon.

Cool. That sounds like you're recovery is coming along nicely.

*Is there anyone at your office that will make you go home after a certain amount of hours each day?  Or would you prefer text alerts from the HHW Team? ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:44:47 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2009, 08:41:59 AM »

Sounds like a perfect plan Vixmom.

Laura, pretty caterpillar.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 08:42:56 AM »

Quote from: JoseSPiano link=topic=2120.msg573022#msg573022

*Is there anyone at your office that will [i
make[/i] you go home after a certain amount of hours each day?  I would you prefer text alerts from the HHW Team? ;)

So True.

Laura

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 08:46:52 AM »

Thanks, everyone, for keeping my sister in your prayers.

Vixmom, someone suggested you go back to work in the afternoon so that you don't end up staying too long and wearing yourself out. I think that is appropriate, don't you?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2009, 08:47:21 AM »

Perhaps I will amuse you all with a video I call "Timmy Rolling in Catnip."
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »

Good Morning, DR vixmom!

-You may have mentioned this before, but... Do you have any idea when you can - or want to - return to work?

My doctor says I can go back next Monday.  I have been trying to move all my cancer doctor's appointments into this week so I don't have to take any time off once I go back

This afternoon I will see my radiology oncologist, tomorrow I see the nutritionist and Thursday I see the oncology surgeon.

Cool. That sounds like you're recovery is coming along nicely.

*Is there anyone at your office that will make you go home after a certain amount of hours each day?  Or would you prefer text alerts from the HHW Team? ;)

LOL!! The girls in the office really want me to stay as much as I can because they are ridiculously overworked at the moment  - but they have been known to prompt me  around 3 to think about leaving.

I will be more cautious this time around.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2009, 08:50:01 AM »

So...

It looks like I will be heading to Chicago this weekend.  It's been a couple of years since I've been back there, and since I have a couple of free days ahead of me...

I also have been talking with some college friends over the past week who now live in Chicago - and we haven't seen each other since college, almost 20 years!?!?!?  Additionally, the tour of A Chorus Line is finishing up in Chicago this week... And then there's Mary Poppins and Jersey Boys too, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »

Thanks, everyone, for keeping my sister in your prayers.

Vixmom, someone suggested you go back to work in the afternoon so that you don't end up staying too long and wearing yourself out. I think that is appropriate, don't you?

It does make sense but I prefer to leave in the afternoon (if I can tear myself away) because then I can spend the time with the Vixter.   Yesterday afternoon when she came home from shcool she started trying on last year's shorts and discovered that they no longer fit so due to the fact that I was home and that we had some gift cards we received at Christmas we had an impromptu shopping trip to the local Target and lots of fun chatting. 

We have always had a pretty good relationship but these past few months  have really brought us even closer together.

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »

Perhaps I will amuse you all with a video I call "Timmy Rolling in Catnip."

I look forward to it!

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 08:55:16 AM »

So...

It looks like I will be heading to Chicago this weekend.  It's been a couple of years since I've been back there, and since I have a couple of free days ahead of me...

I also have been talking with some college friends over the past week who now live in Chicago - and we haven't seen each other since college, almost 20 years!?!?!?  Additionally, the tour of A Chorus Line is finishing up in Chicago this week... And then there's Mary Poppins and Jersey Boys too, so...

That sounds wonderful.  I have never been there.  Actually I haven't been a lot places

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2009, 08:57:03 AM »

OH! Speaking of going places yesterday I had Rachel ray on for background noice and heard they were shooting some competition on a Disney cruise liner, the Disney Wonder, so I went in to look

OMG!!! That thing looks like a floating city.  IS that what you were traveling on?  (and next time you go can I carry your luggage?) ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:00:38 AM by vixmom »

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2009, 08:57:27 AM »

DR Cillaliz re: last sunday's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

one two buckle my shoe three four close the door five six pick up sticks seven eight
one two buckle my shoe three four close the door five six pick up sticks seven eight
I saw that you said that you don't want annie to win. But i'm curious how you view
what has been happening. I really like joan rivers. And to me, while she has gone
overboard with the name calling i think she is very intuitive. I wonder if part of the
name calling is her (joan) intentionally creating drama for television. I think that
melissa walking off like that was probably a bit much as well. But i do not think she
deserved to be fired. ANd i love that joan followed her. I am tempted to read the
spoilers to find out if joan goes back to the show. But i think i will just find out
next week.  As for annie, i have mixed feelings about her. I think she is very smart.
And she is a very hard worker. But because she is a great poker player she knows
how to play people. And she has been doing it on the show. So i get what joan is
saying. It's one thing to do that in a game. But to do it to real people becomes
 deceptive. And while i don't think annie is mean. Sometimes it makes you wonder.
 Because last week she befriended melissa after brandi told her about the
problems. And she has been totally playing brandi. Plus to her credit (annie's) it is
 crazy amazing how she was able to come up with the entire concept last week,
 do all the work, and yet nobody even considered firing her. I do not see how
she could not be in the finals. I thought it would be annie vs joan. But if joan
 does not come back then it has to be annie vs jesse james. Btw, donald trump
 was on regis & kelly yesterday and said that what he wrote in that note (on
the show) was to tell the other guy "melissa must go". THat other guy was
 adamant that brandi had to go. But you could see where the tide turned. It
 was brandi defending herself  and pointing out about the money raised (which
 to me is bull crap, who cares about how many rich people you know, it should
 not be about that) and then melissa interupting trump. It did make for amazing
television. ANd i do hope joan comes back. I will definitely miss her if she doesn't.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2009, 08:59:37 AM »

Oh... And I will be taking the train to Chicago...

I have a bunch of Amtrak Guest Rewards Points to use up, and even though it's about an 18 hour train ride, it would only cost me about $80 for the round trip.  Sort of too good a deal to pass up.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:51 AM »

OH! Speaking of going places yesterday I had Rachel ray on for background noice and heard they were shooting some competition on a Disney crusie liner so I went in to look

OMG!!! That thing looks like a floating city.  IS that what you were traveling on?  (and next time you go can I carry your luggage?)

Yep!  The "Disney Magic" and the "Disney Wonder" are basically "twins".  And, yes, they're like small floating cities.  -And they will be adding two larger(!) ships to their line next year.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »

OH! Speaking of going places yesterday I had Rachel ray on for background noice and heard they were shooting some competition on a Disney crusie liner so I went in to look

OMG!!! That thing looks like a floating city.  IS that what you were traveling on?  (and next time you go can I carry your luggage?)

Yep!  The "Disney Magic" and the "Disney Wonder" are basically "twins".  And, yes, they're like small floating cities.  -And they will be adding two larger(!) ships to their line next year.

wow.

I really do need to hit the lottery!

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2009, 09:10:08 AM »

DR MattH re: your comments on last night's MEDIUM

I agree and disagree with what you wrote about the show. It was definitely an
interesting way for them to wrap up the story. I thought it sort of made sense
to have one of the victims tell allison the truth and help get rid of creepy guy. But
to me it happened way too fast. THAt creepy guy could have and probably should
have played havoc on allison's dreams for a while. But instead the solution seemed
to come so quickly (at least to me). It was a good show. Interesting as always.
And while creepy guy was really creepy, it just seemed too neat an ending to me.
I loved not knowing if allison's dreams were real or not. And actually i liked
seeing marie have some abilities of their own. These children are really interesting!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »

Since today is my day off, and since we've got lots of banking to do today (setting up a new account, and taking care of an old one), this must be a bank holiday.

::)

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:36 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I just got invited to go to this afternoon's Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' "Easter Bonnet" competition, so...  :)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »

TOD:

The original Broadway production of Follies.   :)

Ditto!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »

Thanks, Vixmom. She has finished radiation and will begin the last three chemo treatments next week.

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Laura's Sister!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »

TOD:

What's the fun in watching the creation of something you know is going to be a hit?

I'd rather watch people who are proven hitmakers make mis-steps, in order to find out what went wrong.  Was it that people weren't listening to each other?  Was it hubris?  Was it that people were listening to each other, but at the wrong times?

Case in point: The original production of Merrily We Roll Along (the musical, not the Kaufman and Hart).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »

Good Morning, DR vixmom!

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Vixmom!!~~~

George

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2009, 09:33:57 AM »

TOD:

What's the fun in watching the creation of something you know is going to be a hit?

I'd rather watch people who are proven hitmakers make mis-steps, in order to find out what went wrong.  Was it that people weren't listening to each other?  Was it hubris?  Was it that people were listening to each other, but at the wrong times?

Case in point: The original production of Merrily We Roll Along (the musical, not the Kaufman and Hart).

In that case, I'd love to have been around for Anyone Can Whistle.  And to see Angela's first live musical theater performances. :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2009, 09:35:10 AM »

...Then I sat upon it,
That gol-durned Easter bonnet.
Now no one wants to don it
At the Easter parade...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2009, 09:35:54 AM »

I'm up and have been printing out orders for the last thirty minutes and must now hurry and do the long jog.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2009, 09:37:05 AM »

TOD:

In that case, I'd love to have been around for Anyone Can Whistle.  And to see Angela's first live musical theater performances. :D
That would have been my second choice.  But it would depend on just how much Arthur Laurents I could stand at any one time.  How did so much ego get crammed into such a small package?

FJL

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2009, 09:44:49 AM »

We sometimes call Dylan Dyl, and he perked up when I mentioned there was a video of a caterpillar eating Dill.

George

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »

Time to go to work...until later. :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2009, 10:25:14 AM »

As threatened, here is a caterpillar eating dill. I call it "Caterpillar Eating Dill."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3wBe_S5WPE

Don't forget the subtitle (un film de DR Laura)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2009, 10:27:47 AM »

* * * * *  VIBES OF HEALTH FOR DR LAURA'S SISTER  * * * * *

* * * * *  PUTTING THIS ALL BEHIND YOU VIBES FOR DR VIXMOM  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up