Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. KIMMEL HAS A VERY LONG MEMORY  (Read 15373 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: MR. KIMMEL HAS A VERY LONG MEMORY
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2009, 02:28:04 PM »

PAGE FIVE ANITA MORRIS DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »

The gentleman sitting next to me lives in Mexico. He's been stateside visiting his son in Washington, DC for a few weeks. He wanted to see NYC, so he took the train up to Penn Station to see the Big Apple for a few days.

His return trip is as follows: NYC to Chicago; brief layover in Chicago; Chicago to Houston; and then a series of busses from Houston to Mexico City. Whew! -And is a little worried that he might get stranded in Texas if the border situation happens to change due to the swine flu situation.

-And I thought I had a long trip.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2009, 02:49:10 PM »

I loved Anita Morris! She was my goddaughter's mother's best freind. They met in the cast of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »

Larry - Yes, i got your message.

FJL

« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2009, 03:05:24 PM »

Reminder:

MINI-HHW-GET-TOGETHER AT FRED AND SKIP'S FRI MAY 8

RSVP no later than May 3 to AOL address dylan43rd (Please don't RSVP here on HHW)

FRIDAY EVENING MAY 8, STARTING AROUND 7 P.M. IN HONOR OF BK BEING IN TOWN

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »

Favorite comic performance in a movie:

Richard Libertini in THE IN-LAWS (original)

I laugh-out-loud every time I see this.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »

Constant Contact allows you to see exactly what's going on - what addresses aren't good, who opens their mail, who's mail is spam-blocked - it's a great program.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »

I'm done with all my errands and whatnot, and have just listened to the composer tapes for an upcoming Kritzerland soundtrack - I had high hopes for what might be on them, but they were dashed the minute I heard the first track - I don't know why the composer made these or what they were for, but there's an audible and horrible hum throughout all of reel one, along with what my transfer guy calls "bias" noise - crackly, disturbing noise throughout.  I think there are two tracks that can probably be saved, but I haven't figured out if those were included on the original LP release - I'll figure that out and include as bonus tracks if they weren't on the LP.  Some of it sounds completely unmixed and there are severe level shifts - it's just weird.  So, we'll use our own sources (from MGM and others) and we'll be just fine and we'll have a great-sounding CD - I was just hoping there was some extra music (there may or may not be) and that the sound would be so great that we could just use these tapes.  Thankfully, there was no charge from the composer's estate, so other than the transfer cost, it didn't set me back any real dough.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »

I'm sure some people have received this in an e-mail (which is how I found out about it), but if you haven't, this is a link for the "Most Amazing Rendition of Stand By Me You Have Ever Heard."  It's really cool...and very well done!

From the award-winning documentary, "Playing For Change: Peace Through Music," comes the first of many "songs around the world" being released independently. This amazing version of “Stand by Me” brought a smile to my face, and I hope it will do the same for you.

Watch it from beginning to end—you won't regret it. This cover of Stand By Me was recorded by completely unknown artists in a street virtual studio all around the world!

It all started with a base track—vocals and guitar—recorded on the streets of Santa Monica, California, by a street musician named Roger Ridley. The base track was then taken to New Orleans, Louisiana, where Grandpa Elliott—a blind singer from the French Quarter—added vocals and harmonica while listening to Ridley's base track on headphones. In the same city, Washboard Chaz's added metal percussions.

From there, it just gets better and better: The producers took the resulting mix all through Europe, Africa, and South America, adding new tracks with multiple instruments and vocals, which were assembled into this final final version -- all done with a simple laptop and some microphones. Amazing!

;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:37:51 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »

RE LOST ----------
 But I hope I can live to see how this all wraps up.

Wuz you thinkin' of goin' somewhere?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2009, 04:03:43 PM »

Constant Contact allows you to see exactly what's going on - what addresses aren't good, who opens their mail, who's mail is spam-blocked - it's a great program.

I know that I didn't get an e-mail about this release, even though I have always gotten them in the past.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »

RE LOST ----------

That is what I was wondering!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2009, 04:06:43 PM »

I know that I didn't get an e-mail about this release, even though I have always gotten them in the past.

Damn, BK, he did notice.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »

Call me a troglodyte (you wouldn't be the first), but I had no idea until today that I could convert MIDIs to burnable CD files with ITunes.  That is saving me a ton of time.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »

RE LOST ----------

That is what I was wondering!

Hmmmm.  Life is tenuous, I guess.  Perhaps the thought of a flu pandemic is on everybody's minds these days.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2009, 04:09:16 PM »

I am waiting until the soundtrack announcement to order that and House of Flowers at the same time.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »

And doesn't Constant Contact also allow you to input snail mail information for the people on your list... Which could then be easily exported to a spreadsheet program... Which could then be used to print out mailing labels...
Make Your Own Luck.

Mr. Piggy

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »

The gentleman sitting next to me lives in Mexico. He's been stateside visiting his son in Washington, DC for a few weeks. He wanted to see NYC, so he took the train up to Penn Station to see the Big Apple for a few days.

His return trip is as follows: NYC to Chicago; brief layover in Chicago; Chicago to Houston; and then a series of busses from Houston to Mexico City. Whew! -And is a little worried that he might get stranded in Texas if the border situation happens to change due to the swine flu situation.

When you have dinner, do not order the pork chops!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »

Call me a troglodyte (you wouldn't be the first), but I had no idea until today that I could convert MIDIs to burnable CD files with ITunes.  That is saving me a ton of time.

DR JMK - You were a troglodyte. -Not that there was anything wrong with being one in the first place.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2009, 04:14:09 PM »

My dinner reservation in the dining car is not until 8:00. I'm not sure if pork chops are on tonight's menu. If they are, should I say "Hi!" for you?
Make Your Own Luck.

Mr. Piggy

« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »

My dinner reservation in the dining car is not until 8:00. I'm not sure if pork chops are on tonight's menu. If they are, should I say "Hi!" for you?

Squeeee!  Snort-oink!    :'(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »

In other news...

The man in front of me keeps reaching up to adjust his air vents. I'm wondering when he'll realize that they're actually the nightime reading lights.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Amy

« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »

Matt and Jennifer, HARPER'S ISLAND has been moved to Saturday nights. That's why it's not on tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »

Just had a very disturbing call from the Chair of the Theater Academy at LACC.  In essence, he's been ousted by three other members of the faculty - since this was to be his sixth term as Chair, he needed seventy-five percent of the vote from the faculty IF someone was running against him - the head tech guy, the set designer who runs the tech program, has, I'm sure, had this in his head for some time, and he did this power play and got the woman who runs the costume department and one of the acting teachers to vote for him and effectively that was the end of that.  Needless to say, the MAJORITY of the faculty wanted the current Chair to stay Chair, and they have lodged formal complaints with the Dean and the teacher's union.  How this will all shake out is anyone's guess, but I won't be planning any more LACCTAA events until I know.  This set guy, a real creepball of negative energy, has never been supportive of anything I've tried to do for the Academy - he's never attended ONE of our LACCTAA events - I doubt he even knows what they were or how helpful they were to the, you know, STUDENTS.  Plus, I'm sorry, but a tech guy running a theater academy?  Someone who has no idea what an actor does or how that stuff works?  I hasten to add that the majority of the students in the Academy (like 99%) are ACTORS, not set-builders and costumers.  My response was that it's the beginning of the end for the Academy because this guy will take it right into the toilet very fast - and it was just starting to get OUT of the toilet, thanks to the current Chair, and somewhat thanks to me and LACCTAA. 

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2009, 05:42:34 PM »

CHEW! CHEW!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »

I was relieved to read the gentleman from Mexico has been stateside for several weeks.  I doubt there will be problems returning to Mexico, if the border situation happens to change. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »

DR Ben congratulations on 6 years of being a radio personality.  I wish it were consistent.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »

Don't know if I'm on your list, but I've never gotten an email blast from you

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2009, 06:33:39 PM »

In order to be on the blast list, you had to have ordered a CD from us in the last eight months or so, which is when we started importing the majority of names and addresses.  If any here are not on the blast list and would like to be, simply send me the info at kritzerland at aol dot com.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »

This has been an insane week at work.  I am really glad the weekend is coming. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up