Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. KIMMEL HAS A VERY LONG MEMORY  (Read 15090 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MR. KIMMEL HAS A VERY LONG MEMORY
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 08:22:59 AM »

Interesting stats: For the House Of Flowers eBlast, of the close to 1800 people on the Kritzerland list exactly 788 have bothered to actually open the e-mail.  I find that so weird - the people on the list have either asked to be there or have purchased other soundtracks or B'way-related CDs from us, and the header clearly states that the e-mail has info about a new CD release, so it's a little peculiar.  We do get the usual "out of office" or "on vacation" replies, but those aren't very many. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 08:23:25 AM »

And that's been consistent from release to release - only about fifty-one percent open the e-mail.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 08:24:26 AM »

For LACCTAA events it's a complete joke - of our four hundred LACCTAA eBlast names, seventeen percent actually open the e-mail.  And I just want to say one thing about all that: Mr. Kimmel has a very long memory.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 08:27:54 AM »

I finished packing this morning, and then headed out for a bit to run some pre-trip errands.  My train doesn't leave until 4:00, so I still have a few hours to "edit" my luggage and to draw up my list of "Chicago possibilities".  I do know that I will be spending a few hours at the Art Institute of Chicago. Other than that, I'm basically playing it by ear.  I'll be staying with my friend, David, and he's mentioned a few places he'd like to show me.  It also looks like there will be a mini-Theatre-VCU reunion on Saturday or Sunday.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 08:34:16 AM »

Pigs get swine flu.
Cattle get kine flu.
Country singers get cline flu.
Ancient mariners get rime flu.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »

I finished packing this morning, and then headed out for a bit to run some pre-trip errands.  My train doesn't leave until 4:00, so I still have a few hours to "edit" my luggage and to draw up my list of "Chicago possibilities".  I do know that I will be spending a few hours at the Art Institute of Chicago. Other than that, I'm basically playing it by ear.  I'll be staying with my friend, David, and he's mentioned a few places he'd like to show me.  It also looks like there will be a mini-Theatre-VCU reunion on Saturday or Sunday.  :)

Go to the Leather Museum!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2009, 08:45:16 AM »

TOD:    Ethel Barrymore's double-take when Jean Harlow, in "Dinner at Eight", said she had been reading a book.

That's Marie Dressler, not Ethel Barrymore.

They were both matronly....I thought "Dressler" but figured "Barrymore" was classier.  Win some, lose some.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 08:46:47 AM »

Go to the Leather Museum!

Is that the official name of the "The Eagle"?
Make Your Own Luck.

Mr. Piggy

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2009, 08:47:43 AM »

Pigs get swine flu.
Cattle get kine flu.
Country singers get cline flu.
Ancient mariners get rime flu.

::)

Snort-snort!  OINK!    ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2009, 08:49:33 AM »

Peter O'Toole in My Favorite Year

[Alan Swann has blundered into the wrong restroom]
Lil: This is for ladies only!
Alan Swann: [unzipping fly] So is *this*, ma'am, but every now and then I have to run a little water through it.

My favorite line from "My Favorite Year" is when Alan Swan is in an absolute panic when he finally realizes that the show that he's agreed to guest star in is going to be broadcast live with NO retakes:  "I'm not an actor, I'm a MOVIE STAR!"
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 08:57:07 AM »

This just in - confirmed case of Swine Flu in the elementary school in our town.

There was a news report just this morning that a school in the Seattle area is closing until next week because of 6 probable cases of swine flu.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »

Some "Lost" related new for those DRs interested in such news...

Last Night’s ‘Lost’: How’s It Going to End?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »

Have a great trip, DR Jose, and scope out some things Richard and I can put on our "to-do" list for when we're in Chicago in July for ALA!  Your train doesn't go through Fort Wayne, Indiana, does it?  I should be there by 7pm or so!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:46 AM »

And for some J.J. Abrams fans, here's a very interesting article covering his recent guest-editing of "Wired" magazine:

A Magazine With a Puzzle Buried Inside
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2009, 09:04:26 AM »

This just in - confirmed case of Swine Flu in the elementary school in our town.

There was a news report just this morning that a school in the Seattle area is closing until next week because of 6 probable cases of swine flu.

That is some of the most reprehensible reportage I've ever read.   What else is new?

George

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2009, 09:08:25 AM »

Topic of the Day:  These have already been mentioned, but I agree!

Charles Grodin and Dyan Cannon in Heaven Can Wait
Jack Lemmon in Some Like It Hot
Jean Hagen in Singin' In the Rain
Lesley Ann Warren, Victor/Victoria
Madeline Kahn in What's Up Doc? and Young Frankenstein
Nathan Lane in The Birdcage
Ruth Gordon, Harold and Maude

George

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »

And now, I must shower, get dressed, go to the county courthouse and pay my property taxes, then go to work.

Have a good day, all!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »

Have a great trip, DR Jose, and scope out some things Richard and I can put on our "to-do" list for when we're in Chicago in July for ALA!  Your train doesn't go through Fort Wayne, Indiana, does it?  I should be there by 7pm or so!

Thanks, DR Ginny.  Alas, I don't think the Lake Shore Limited goes through Ft. Wayne, IN, however...

"The Lake Shore Limited travels daily between Chicago and New York City, along some of the country's prettiest shorelines.

You'll travel along the south shore of Lake Michigan, the Mohawk River, and the Erie Canal, following a famous Native American Highway. In New York State, you'll pass through the Finger Lakes region to Albany, capital of the Empire State."

-Of course, most of the trip takes place during the overnight hours. When it's dark, so... ;) But, still, it should be pretty.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »

Speaking of restorations, Mr. Larry Moore, did you have anything to do with restoring Robert Russell Bennett's original orchestrations for

The King and I

which will be playing at Lyric Stages in Irving, TX?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2009, 09:38:47 AM »

During commercial breaks on last night's "Lost":

Does anyone know what to make of those strange commercials that showed a small insert video on a black background of (1st commercial) a wedding, (2nd commercial) a surfer and (3rd commercial) school kids exiting a school followed by the words "What did you just see?"  (or something like that) ??
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »

My husband will be home from Long Island some time this afternoon. I went to Trader Joe's at lunch to buy some groceries.

I don't know yet what we will have for dinner.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I will do the laundry tonight. Isn't that exciting.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2009, 09:40:38 AM »

During commercial breaks on last night's "Lost":

Does anyone know what to make of those strange commercials that showed a small insert video on a black background of (1st commercial) a wedding, (2nd commercial) a surfer and (3rd commercial) school kids exiting a school followed by the words "What did you just see?"  (or something like that)????

I haven't checked the interwebs (yet), but I'm guessing it's for the next J.J. Abrams feature.
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2009, 09:43:33 AM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***
for DR JoseSPiano
on board The 20th Century Limited

DAW

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2009, 09:44:10 AM »

I have not yet watched last night's "Lost."  I can't stay up that late!         :P

DAW

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2009, 09:45:21 AM »

My Microsoft Outlook has an email "preview" feature.  You can read the contents of an email without actually double-clicking and "opening" it.  I wonder how that registers in bk's statistics??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:30 AM »

My Microsoft Outlook has an email "preview" feature.  You can read the contents of an email without actually double-clicking and "opening" it.  I wonder how that registers in bk's statistics??

Additionally, if someone reads an email on their Blackberry, iPhone, etc., depending how they have their mailboxes set-up, the email may have been read, but not read through their main email client.  I know with my GMail account, if I read something on my computer, it will still show up as "new" on my iPhone. And vice versa.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:53:54 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2009, 09:49:34 AM »

As far as no-shows go, I cannot tell you how many times people who had set up appointments for job interviews (a governement job, a couple of law offices, a behaviral health company, a retail store) wopuld not show up.  I thought I was dealing with adults.  If someone bothers to call, ask about a job and set  up an appointment to come in for the next day, why wouldn't they show up?  It used to be joke no matter which type of job or which company I was working for that I would schedule 10 people, and I'd be lucky if 1 or 2 would actually show up.   I cannot imagine not showing up for a scheduled appointment. 
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »

Hmm.. Good news for those of us who like to catch up on their TeeVee show online:

Disney to Take Stake in Video Site Hulu

And since Disney is the parent company of ABC...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2009, 09:51:59 AM »

And I think this may have been mentioned here already, but just in case it hasn't...

If any DR would like to catch up on their opera viewing this weekend:

Enjoy a Free Weekend of Met Player!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »

As far as no-shows go, I cannot tell you how many times people who had set up appointments for job interviews (a governement job, a couple of law offices, a behaviral health company, a retail store) wopuld not show up.  I thought I was dealing with adults.  If someone bothers to call, ask about a job and set  up an appointment to come in for the next day, why wouldn't they show up?  It used to be joke no matter which type of job or which company I was working for that I would schedule 10 people, and I'd be lucky if 1 or 2 would actually show up.   I cannot imagine not showing up for a scheduled appointment. 

This is probably for the best, I think.  These are the people who would be most wasteful of your time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up