Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WIRED  (Read 12284 times)

Ginny

Re: WIRED
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2009, 12:38:50 PM »

Well, I clicked the heels of my ruby slippers and now I'm HOME!  Actually, I rode with Richard to Lima, attended his first Deacon's Mass and the nice luncheon the church members provided, and rode home with Richard, who's now zonked out, exhausted.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »

Just unloaded another huge pile o'DVDs that I've upgraded to BDs, so basically paid nothing for the upgrades.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »

DANG I wish I had my camera today.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2009, 12:52:14 PM »

As I approached the area where I was told the bear cub had been sighted I leashed Sherlock.  A few feet down the path I heard a rustling in the trees.  This is actually a better photo than the view I had of the adolescent cub in the tree looking down on us.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

The cub I saw was older, maybe 16-17 months, my guess after reading the age when cubs go off on their own.  It was a bit bigger than Sherlock.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2009, 01:02:19 PM »

Sherlock whimpered while we watched for awhile & then the cub scampered down the tree & moved farther into the woods so we continued our hike.

The trails were very busy today & everyone was discussing if they had seen the cub or not.  As I was headed back in the direction of the cub I hooked up with a woman who had been trying to find him.  We did and she began talking baby talk to the cub.  NEVER talk baby talk to a bear cub!  It began walking right up to her and then continued to follow us for awhile.  I got Sherlock to bark a few times which only caused the cub to stop and watch us.  Eventually we hooked up with a gentleman & his Great Dane & we all walked back up & coaxed the cub up the hill a bit. 

I was more concerned for the cub.  It will not be good if he/she grows up too used to people.  This is a well traveled section of the trails.  Walking away from the bear the woman kept saying I could have pet it.  ::)

Jane

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 01:03:56 PM »

The bear was SOOOOOO CUTE following us & I missed out on incredible photos.:(  At least I got to see it up close :), even if it was closer than I would have liked. ;D

It indeed was a very exciting hike.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »

Rain has come and gone a couple of times this afternoon. Right now, it's come back for a return engagement, but it's a gentle rain, not a huge downpour. I much prefer that kind of rain to the monsoons we sometimes get.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »

Just saw Milla.  She looks fantastic, having lost a nice amount of weight.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »

I watched FLASHPOINT while I ate lunch this afternoon. Another tear-jerker though because the plot revolved around "gangstas," I found less to identify with than usual.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

Spent most of the afternoon with BIG. What a charmer! Not having seen it in a decade or so, I had forgotten some of the really funny scenes other than the "keyboard" scene. A movie that doesn't take a wrong step from beginning to end.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 01:23:59 PM »

I also had time to get ALL of the bonus features done. There were basically two making-of documentaries, so that was something of a waste of time. But still, nice to have this in my collection now. I've never owned a copy of this, not even on VHS.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 01:24:56 PM »

With the evening freed up until I start DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES around 9:30, I know I want to finish SOUTH PACIFIC on Blu-ray, and then move on from there.

Kerry

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2009, 01:40:02 PM »

Saturn turning direct is responsible for all of these crazy dreams we have been having.  It will continue for a few days.
Good to know!  I had a strange dream a bout a friend I haven't seen in years.  In the dream we ended up getting into an argument about poetry!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2009, 01:45:39 PM »

Well, I clicked the heels of my ruby slippers and now I'm HOME!  Actually, I rode with Richard to Lima, attended his first Deacon's Mass and the nice luncheon the church members provided, and rode home with Richard, who's now zonked out, exhausted.
Welcome Home, Ginny!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2009, 01:48:25 PM »

I have some writing to do, so I'm going to hop off-line now and get to work. Then it's downstairs to clean the guest bath, put away the folded laundry, and then back to the den for more evening viewing.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »

Thanks, DR Kerry!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

Interesting bear cub story, DR Jane.  Is there a mother bear around somewhere?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2009, 01:55:45 PM »

I ate a Subway sandwich after the long jog and turned on Wall-E to make sure all was well with all the equipment and so far so good.  It's taking me a while to get used to the new way of doing things (new TV, new receiver, new remotes) but I'm finally getting used to it.  As to Wall-E, I intended to just flip around the disc but became entranced all over again and ended up watching the whole thing.  First of all, the DVD was very good, but the Blu-Ray is just another beast entirely - sharp, fantastic color, and where Blu-Ray really excels is the sound - 1000 times better than standard DVD.  The image is so beautiful it just makes you want to weep. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »

I believe I shall walk up to 107th Street to my storage space, pick up some more cartons and drag them back here.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2009, 02:49:13 PM »

I got a call at 3:30am this morning from my sis saying she needed me to go to her house and watch my niece. And my new niece, Jadyn Sophia was born at 1:45pm this afternoon!

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »

When Rob and Mary Linda arrived at our house Friday they found a package that UPS had left on the porch on Wednesday.  It was soaking wet and the contents, a publication from DR Ben's workplace, totally ruined.  If they had, at least, put it between the doors it might have been salvaged.  I just went online and filed a claim - wonder what will happen?

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »

DR Jennifer - congratulations on the arrival of Jaydn Sophia!  Hope all is well with baby, big sis, and parents!

DAW

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2009, 02:54:07 PM »

Congratulations to DR Jennifer on the new addition to your family!!!   :D

DAW

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2009, 02:54:51 PM »

What a story, DR Jane!  I am glad you posted about DD Sherlock's reaction to the bear cub - that was what I had been wondering about.   :)

DAW

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »

DR elmore3003 - glad you finished all your edits.

DAW

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »

It seems like a great assortment of DRs are losing weight lately.

Kerry

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »

It seems like a great assortment of DRs are losing weight lately.

It must be that new rhubarb pie diet!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »

I got a call at 3:30am this morning from my sis saying she needed me to go to her house and watch my niece. And my new niece, Jadyn Sophia was born at 1:45pm this afternoon!

Congratulations, DR Jennifer!
I like boat races.

DAW

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:08:01 PM by DAW »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up