Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WARP SPEED  (Read 17733 times)

DAW

Re: WARP SPEED
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:49 PM »

Glad you are OK, DR Jeanne!   From the earthquake, I mean.    :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »

And thanks to DR Jane for the See-lightful package that was in last week's mail that I picked up at the post office!  I needed a treat today.

:)  I'm glad the timing was perfect.

There was a See's kiosk at the Detroit airport.  However, they only seemed to carry the medium to large boxes/assortments.  If they had carried some of the individual bars or lollipops, I might have bought something.

When we lived in Michigan I only knew of one gourmet store that carried See's.  After awhile they asked me for suggestions on what to order.  I felt so honored.

I usually skip the Kiosk except for a box of mint krispys.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2009, 05:29:08 PM »

Ron, I made a point of hitting the re-load button several times before posting, so as not to interrupt your song.

MANY THANKS!   :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2009, 05:29:27 PM »

I must tell my other WELCOME BACK story.

A couple weeks ago i was on my way to Whole Foods Market when I passed what looked like a New Age pharmacy in West Hollywood. Since I was in need of a high-potency homeopathic remedy not available at most health food stores, I stopped in. The presence of a security guard puzzled me, but I proceeded. No, they did not have the remedy I was seeking. Then they explained that this was a pharmacy for medical marijuana. Ah! Now the security guard makes sense. My next thought, which I said out load, was, "Welcome back to California!"
Amy, even with four water temperatures, I found that WARM was almost as hot as HOT. Very little difference.

When I lived in Arizona, even cold was warm.  Now that I live in Iowa...even warm is cold.  Did you follow that?

Jane

« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2009, 05:30:18 PM »

*I shall save my Wil Wheaton story for another day.

It always bothered me he didn't go to the academy.  I thought they could have done much with that in future episodes, during school breaks.  Instead he ascended or whatever that was.  I just didn't care for that

Well... That's not exactly what my Wil Wheaton story is about.  ::)

LOL, I didn't think it was.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »

OH, Edith told me that her neighbor has 30...count them 30 rhubarb plants and he told them they could have all of it they want to have!  I took her the strawberry rhubarb bars today and she said she'll bring me a whole bunch of it tomorrow.   I hear it's very easy to freeze, so that's my plan. 

I read this one a few times, and each time it seemed you wrote, "I took her TO the strawberry rhubarb bars"....and I was confused.  I also had a passing thought that you got her all lickered up and that's why she agreed to bring you a whole bunch tomorrow.

...oh...never mind.  It's just where my head wasn't at that moment....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »

Thanks for the washing machine well-wishes, but why is everyone call me "Sam"?

As near as I can tell, the only improvement is that I'll now have 4 different water temperatures, instead of three. For dark clothes, I would often start the machine on warm, add the clothes, and then change it to cold in order to mix my own water temperature. With the new "cool" setting I guess I won't have to do that anymore. Okay, this is really really boring, so I'll stop talking about it now. The Star Trek discussions are waaaay more interesting.

Did I call you Sam-sorry.  :D  Yes Cilla, you may blame me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2009, 05:33:31 PM »

*I shall save my Wil Wheaton story for another day.

It always bothered me he didn't go to the academy.  I thought they could have done much with that in future episodes, during school breaks.  Instead he ascended or whatever that was.  I just didn't care for that

Well... That's not exactly what my Wil Wheaton story is about.  ::)

LOL, I didn't think it was.

Not exactly ready for prime time story telling, DR Jane?   :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2009, 05:33:49 PM »

Thanks for the washing machine well-wishes, but why is everyone call me "Sam"?

As near as I can tell, the only improvement is that I'll now have 4 different water temperatures, instead of three. For dark clothes, I would often start the machine on warm, add the clothes, and then change it to cold in order to mix my own water temperature. With the new "cool" setting I guess I won't have to do that anymore. Okay, this is really really boring, so I'll stop talking about it now. The Star Trek discussions are waaaay more interesting.

Spoo!!!  -Corrected. ;)

Does your new machine have set water levels? or "infinite" ones?  When my parents bought their new house and their new washer-dryer set-up, the washing machine only has three water levels: Small,  Large, and Super.  -Which basically breaks down to: 1 towel, 3 towels, and 10 towels.  It's sort of weird - to me, at least - that a new-fangled washing machine would not have variable water levels.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »

Keith is very happy with his new riding mower, if only he had purchased it prior to spending a small fortune on repairing the old one.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »

I must tell my other WELCOME BACK story.

A couple weeks ago i was on my way to Whole Foods Market when I passed what looked like a New Age pharmacy in West Hollywood. Since I was in need of a high-potency homeopathic remedy not available at most health food stores, I stopped in. The presence of a security guard puzzled me, but I proceeded. No, they did not have the remedy I was seeking. Then they explained that this was a pharmacy for medical marijuana. Ah! Now the security guard makes sense. My next thought, which I said out load, was, "Welcome back to California!"

Gnarly!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »

Signing off for the night - see y'all tomorrow!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

Yes, I felt yesterday's earthquake. It's epicenter was only a few miles away. It packed quite a jolt here.

Welcome back to California, DR Jeanne!!!

;D

Yeah, welcome back is right!

But WELCOME BACK to you, Jose--to the US! I'm so glad you took your trip. It really sounded wonderful.

Thank You, DR Jeanne - Now I just need to finish going through the almost 1000 pictures I took while I was in the Philippines and get the uploaded to Flickr and/or Facebook.

*And if I find myself still wide awake later tonight, I may just go ahead and make some headway on that front.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2009, 05:48:30 PM »

I must speak up as the one Trekker--not Trekkie, please!--in the crowd.  I have seen every Star Trek episode and film, and although I am the first one to criticize their flaws, I love them all.

I adore Kate Mulgrew, and have played the album of her as Katharine Hepburn numerous times.

And yes, I even was Mr. Spock at a University of Wisconsin gathering back in the 60's, ears and all.

So there.  Pfffft!

How fun.  I would liked to have gone to one of the early conventions. 

I enjoyed Kate Mulgrew as the captain.  Keith often complained.

I remember reading after "Voyager" premiered that Geneviève Bujold was originally cast as Captain Janeway, but shortly after they started filming, she quit.  I don't remember why. 

According to IMDb, "Many well-known actresses were considered for the role of Janeway including: Nicola Bryant, Lynda Carter, Joanna Cassidy, Patty Duke, Chelsea Field, Erin Gray, Linda Hamilton, Carolyn McCormick, and Lindsay Wagner."

I also liked Kate Mulgrew as the captain. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »

I do recall that a couple of Star Trek episodes did upset me greatly as a kid...

You know the episode of TNG where a probe enters Picard's brain and he lives an entire lifetime on a different planet in 26 minutes? That episode made my ex-husband cry every time he watched it...as an adult. By the third time, he announced at the beginning of the show, "I think I'll be okay this time." He wasn't.

This is one of my all-time favorite episodes of any of the series. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »

Well, I need to leave work early.  At my condo complex, we're having our annual home owner's association meeting.  Since it's only once a year (any some important things need to be voted on), I feel I should be there.

Until later!

Jane

« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

I must speak up as the one Trekker--not Trekkie, please!--in the crowd.  I have seen every Star Trek episode and film, and although I am the first one to criticize their flaws, I love them all.

I adore Kate Mulgrew, and have played the album of her as Katharine Hepburn numerous times.

And yes, I even was Mr. Spock at a University of Wisconsin gathering back in the 60's, ears and all.

So there.  Pfffft!

How fun.  I would liked to have gone to one of the early conventions. 

I enjoyed Kate Mulgrew as the captain.  Keith often complained.

I remember reading after "Voyager" premiered that Geneviève Bujold was originally cast as Captain Janeway, but shortly after they started filming, she quit.  I don't remember why. 

According to IMDb, "Many well-known actresses were considered for the role of Janeway including: Nicola Bryant, Lynda Carter, Joanna Cassidy, Patty Duke, Chelsea Field, Erin Gray, Linda Hamilton, Carolyn McCormick, and Lindsay Wagner."

I also liked Kate Mulgrew as the captain. :)

Hmmm, Linda Hamilton might have been good.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2009, 06:17:29 PM »

While I was out and about earlier, I did drive to Carytown, and I did go by Lane Sanson to say, "Goodbye", and to take some pictures of the papered-up storefront. -I never realized that the store had only been in existence for only 18 years or so. I thought it's existence had preceded my initial time in Richmond.  -It was also a bit disheartening to see even more "Closed" and "For Rent" signs along Cary Street. Ah, the economy...
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »

Druxy, so sorry to hear about Cody.

May I share the following by Robinson Jeffers with you:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/housedog.htm

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

Cody died today.

Druxy, my deepest sympathies to you and your family on the loss of Cody.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »

Ginny, great news about Richard's stress test.  Hugs to you all.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »

Druxy, hugs to you on the loss of your Cody!

Ben

« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2009, 07:11:39 PM »

Ginny, glad to hear the news about Richard. He needs to sleep!

Ben

« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2009, 07:12:17 PM »

And I need to sleep. It's bedtime for this one.

Goodnight all.

See you around 6am tomorrow morning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2009, 07:37:48 PM »

DRUXY-

So Sorry To Hear About Cody

Jane

« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2009, 07:39:14 PM »

Bruce, did you receive my email?

Jane

« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2009, 07:47:54 PM »

Hi Arnold, sorry I'm leaving you alone.

'night

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2009, 07:55:58 PM »

Had another great runthrough with Roger and Carmen tonight, who are both hysterically funny.  We all agree that this is one of the weirdest rehearsal processes any of us has been involved in, what with our director an Angelino and only coming up for the last couple of weeks.  We've been in pre-production now for well over a month, getting all the hard work done.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »

DR CP thanks for sharing the link.....

Between that poem and DR AMY's reminding me of THAT episode of TNG.....I need a crying towel.

I also enjoyed the TNG episode that featured a half borg/half man who was imprisoned on the Enterprise, but desperate to get out and try to live as a human......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up