Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WARP SPEED  (Read 17859 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WARP SPEED
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »

Richard passed his stress test with flying colors and is now home from the hospital with orders to TAKE IT EASY.

GREAT NEWS!

Jane

« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »

And thanks to DR Jane for the See-lightful package that was in last week's mail that I picked up at the post office!  I needed a treat today.

:)  I'm glad the timing was perfect.

Jane

« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »

DR Ginny, great Star Trek story! :)

MBarnum

« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »

My good friend Ron is a huge Star Trek fan and his basement is FULL of Trekkie merchandise.

I am not sure why I never became a fan. I don't dislike the original series, just never got hooked on it like I did with other fantastic shows of that time like Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, and Mr. Ed.

Yes, I've always considered Mr. Ed a sibling of TZ and OL.

Me too!

Jane

« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2009, 04:53:25 PM »

I do recall that a couple of Star Trek episodes did upset me greatly as a kid...I think some nice lady in a red shirt was turned into a tiny little square shaped thing and then a guy crumbled it/her into dust.

And Twilight Zone or Outer Limits didn't upset you! ;D  They bothered me.

Jane

« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »

My sister loved Star Trek; I didn't like it. As an adult, she went to many of the conventions. I did not.

How is your sister feeling? 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2009, 04:56:18 PM »

Good Evening!

-I'm trying to remember how long it took to get over the jet-lag I had when I flew back from Australia back in 2003... However, I seem to remember not having much jet-lag at that time... ???  Moving on...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2009, 04:57:45 PM »

DR Sam I hope you are pleased with your new washer & find it an improvement over the old one.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »

DR Sam, I think a new washing machine would be quite wonderful...hope you like it

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »

RE: Kate Mulgrew - I often see her at the Starbucks at 67th & Columbus (just around the corner from the Lincoln Square Cinemas).  And the couple of times I've dined at Ouest, I've seen here there too.

*I've also wondered if Kate Mulgrew and Tovah Feldshuh have ever played sisters on stage or on screen.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »

DR Amy - Happy Laundering!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:27:44 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »

DR Pulliam - It's almost 5:00pm (your time)!  -Although, I'm guessing your 5:00pm is probably 3:30, 4:00 or 4:30.
Make Your Own Luck.

Amy

« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »

I do recall that a couple of Star Trek episodes did upset me greatly as a kid...

You know the episode of TNG where a probe enters Picard's brain and he lives an entire lifetime on a different planet in 26 minutes? That episode made my ex-husband cry every time he watched it...as an adult. By the third time, he announced at the beginning of the show, "I think I'll be okay this time." He wasn't.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Vibes of comfort to DR DRUXY.

GOOD HEART HEALTH vibes to DR Ginny's DH Richard, to DtM, and to ALL DRS!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:15:15 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2009, 05:07:13 PM »

Yes, I felt yesterday's earthquake. It's epicenter was only a few miles away. It packed quite a jolt here.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »

Semi-random observation...

I was checking out the reviews on Yelp! for some of the restaurants that have recently opened here in Richmond.  There is one reviewer who bases his star-rating of each restaurant on whether or not the restaurant serves sweet tea.  Consequently, some very middle-of-the-road diner gets 4 or 5 stars, while a nice, high-end French bistro gets 1 or 2 stars.

FEH!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2009, 05:07:51 PM »

DR Jeanne, I thought if anyone felt it, you would have.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »

Yes, I felt yesterday's earthquake. It's epicenter was only a few miles away. It packed quite a jolt here.

Welcome back to California, DR Jeanne!!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »

I don't think I have seen DR derBRUCER and DR SWW for a couple of days....or am I wrong?  Again?

derBrucer posted yesterday and SWW a few days ago.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »

And thanks to DR Jane for the See-lightful package that was in last week's mail that I picked up at the post office!  I needed a treat today.

:)  I'm glad the timing was perfect.

There was a See's kiosk at the Detroit airport.  However, they only seemed to carry the medium to large boxes/assortments.  If they had carried some of the individual bars or lollipops, I might have bought something.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »

*I shall save my Wil Wheaton story for another day.

It always bothered me he didn't go to the academy.  I thought they could have done much with that in future episodes, during school breaks.  Instead he ascended or whatever that was.  I just didn't care for that

Well... That's not exactly what my Wil Wheaton story is about.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2009, 05:16:18 PM »

I do recall that a couple of Star Trek episodes did upset me greatly as a kid...I think some nice lady in a red shirt was turned into a tiny little square shaped thing and then a guy crumbled it/her into dust.

I always seemed to see that episode too.  Of course, I used to think that those "little square shaped" thingies - which I think were more like "little octahedron shaped thingies" ;) - looked like really dry cookies.  ...That's the why the cookie crumbles...

*I also seemed to tune into the one "TNG" episode where whats-her-name died in that tar-pit looking thingy.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2009, 05:16:50 PM »

Welcome back to California, DR Jeanne!!!

;D

Yeah, welcome back is right!

But WELCOME BACK to you, Jose--to the US! I'm so glad you took your trip. It really sounded wonderful.

Amy

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »

Thanks for the washing machine well-wishes, but why is everyone call me "Sam"?

As near as I can tell, the only improvement is that I'll now have 4 different water temperatures, instead of three. For dark clothes, I would often start the machine on warm, add the clothes, and then change it to cold in order to mix my own water temperature. With the new "cool" setting I guess I won't have to do that anymore. Okay, this is really really boring, so I'll stop talking about it now. The Star Trek discussions are waaaay more interesting.

Ginny

« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »

Thanks for your continued vibes, DRs Laura, Cillaliz, Jennifer, FJL, Jane, and Jeanne!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »

My sister loved Star Trek; I didn't like it. As an adult, she went to many of the conventions. I did not.

How is your sister feeling? 

She is doing ok. She will be glad when all the treatments are over. She had one last week and two more to go.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »

I must tell my other WELCOME BACK story.

A couple weeks ago i was on my way to Whole Foods Market when I passed what looked like a New Age pharmacy in West Hollywood. Since I was in need of a high-potency homeopathic remedy not available at most health food stores, I stopped in. The presence of a security guard puzzled me, but I proceeded. No, they did not have the remedy I was seeking. Then they explained that this was a pharmacy for medical marijuana. Ah! Now the security guard makes sense. My next thought, which I said out load, was, "Welcome back to California!"

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »

Amy, even with four water temperatures, I found that WARM was almost as hot as HOT. Very little difference.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »

DR Pulliam - It's almost 5:00pm (your time)!  -Although, I'm guessing your 5:00pm is probably 3:30, 4:00 or 4:30.

Ummmm.......huh?!?

My time is 5 p.m. -- or, more specifically, 5:19 p.m.   Of course I'm still at work, where I've been since 7:30 p.m.

I've gotten a lot done today...including a lot of waiting around on other people to get stuff to me so I can finish what I've been doing.

This week's work tunnel seems long and dark, and I can't make out any points of light. 

But know this:  I WILL be taking Friday off.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »

Thanks for the washing machine well-wishes, but why is everyone call me "Sam"?

As near as I can tell, the only improvement is that I'll now have 4 different water temperatures, instead of three. For dark clothes, I would often start the machine on warm, add the clothes, and then change it to cold in order to mix my own water temperature. With the new "cool" setting I guess I won't have to do that anymore. Okay, this is really really boring, so I'll stop talking about it now. The Star Trek discussions are waaaay more interesting.

Sorry DR Amy, I wasn't looking at your post when I posted and for some reason confused you with DR Sam....(I blame DR Jane ;) )
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up