Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIGHTY TIRED BK  (Read 17997 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE MIGHTY TIRED BK
« on: May 31, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were both mighty and tired, and now it is time for you to post until the mighty tired cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE MIGHTY TIRED BK
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 12:55:34 AM »

And the word of the day is: DECUMAN!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:35:31 AM »

DAW...yesterday, you wrote:
***DVR ALERT!!!!!!***

At least in the NYC metro market, CBS is broadcasting the "Tony Awards Nominations Concert" from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM tonight.

DID YOU RECORD IT?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 01:36:08 AM »

Congratulations to DR George on his new milestone!!!   :D

Thanks DAW, JRand, FJL, Jose and ArnoldMBrockman on the New Milestone Congrats!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 01:36:34 AM »

I'm off to bed to sleep in preparation for a very long day.

Good night, all.

DAW

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:32:36 AM »

DID YOU RECORD IT?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Yes!   ;)

And I also recorded the finale of Pushing Daisies, just in case.     :)

DAW

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 02:33:44 AM »

DR TCB, what great show pictures!  What a thrill!!   Thanks so much for posting them for us.      :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 06:34:33 AM »

La de DAH dee dah dah!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 06:37:13 AM »

Today is the annual Open House at the Putnam County Playhouse where some of the numbers from KISS ME KATE will be foisted on an unsuspecting public that is more interested in free cookies and punch.

This will be followed by the monthly board meeting in which I expect a fight to break out over next season's program, the technical director to request an increase in his budget, and questions for me over why the website does not contain any pictures of this or that particular person.

Just another Sunday......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »

I may take some photos which will not be as entertaining as those posted by DR TCB yesterday, but may be of some interest.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »

And now I shall prepare my Promotions Committee report, including the information that since she was NOT cast in the July show, the editor of the local paper has not return my phone calls or responded to emails concerning the June show.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 06:52:30 AM »

Good morning, all! An emergency trek to Toyland has just been averted and I am delighted. I hope to get as close to completion of THE MOST HAPPY FELLA Act Two as I can. I want to spend tomorrow typing up my notes and delivering it on Tuesday.

My first priority this morning is to answer for the copyists a list of questions on the opening number of LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40, the project currently occupying my time with Loesser and Babes in Toyland.

Yes, DR JRand1958, please post the photos!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 07:00:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: DECUMAN!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  YOUR FEET'S TOO BIG

(Thanks FATS WALLER)

Michael

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 07:03:06 AM »

DR ARNOLD BROCKMAN

Thank you for singer from The Happy End.

I am not interested in seeing the film, but I am in what seems my never ending search to find recordings of Academy Award nominees & winners for Best Song and sung by the artist who did it in the film

I did my usually google searches but nothing came up, but when I plugged in Michael Dees name: VOILA!!

I even found a recording I was able to download

One more down, a lot more to go.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:06:40 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 07:21:56 AM »

Good morning!

Looks to be a beautiful albeit hot day here today with more temps in the upper 80s and summer clearly on the way. I haven't had to resort to turning on the central air yet. Floor fans and the attic fan have kept things very comfortable, but once the evenings start to stay in the 70s, the central air will have to come on.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 07:23:44 AM »

I will be spending almost the entire afternoon with THE CLEANER's final four episodes and bonus features. I'm hoping I can squeeze all four in this afternoon and get the review up (it's basically written except for writing up the bonus features on disc four which I haven't seen yet). Glancing at the plots for the last four episodes makes them sound really interesting, so I'm looking forward to them.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 07:26:43 AM »

Tomorrow it will be back to Blu-ray for a day with the upcoming release of FATAL ATTRACTION. I haven't seen this film in years, so I'm looking forward to revisiting it.

Then I'll have the PERRY MASON fourth season, volume one set to dive into followed by Criterion's June releases which I now have all in hand.

And I'm expecting seasons one and two of LOST on Blu-ray to arrive this week. Should be fun going back all those seasons and rewatching the story from the very beginning in the absolute best quality possible. Seasons 3 & 4 on Blu-ray were jaw-dropping in their video splendor.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »

Good morning!  It is a beautiful day in the Northwest.  It is supposed to be in the 80s again today, which means the street in front of my house will be a virtual parking lot from 11:00 a.m. forward.  Oh well, the price for living in one of the most beautiful areas of the city.

I am off to an early brunch (to beat the crowds of heathens).  I will probably leave in the next half hour or so.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 07:29:30 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

CBS - 60 MINUTES, MILLION DOLLAR PASSWORD
NBC - DATELINE
USA - LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT, IN PLAIN SIGHT

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 07:34:34 AM »

DR George,

I haven't checked the recording of PUSHING DAISIES from last night, but I will at some point today. I won't watch it while I eat lunch because I want to edit out commercials for your copy as I watch it, and I don't want to have to balance a fork with a remote!  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 07:37:55 AM »

I saw the movie bk wrote about in the notes (Connery-Snipes; the name escapes me at the moment) at the theater when it was first released, and I have the DVD, too (I think I bought it used for a few dollars). I remember the big reveal of the bad guy wasn't that much of a surprise, but that it still had genuine moments of excitement, and I rather liked it. Don't think I'll upgrade to Blu-ray though. If I can't even remember the movie's name, it must not be high on my list of priorities.

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »

Good Morning on this sunny Sunday.
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 07:45:39 AM »

And now I shall prepare my Promotions Committee report, including the information that since she was NOT cast in the July show, the editor of the local paper has not return my phone calls or responded to emails concerning the June show.

She must work for THE OREGONIAN in her spare time.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 07:47:43 AM »

Busy day today--with Betsy still visiting family back in Wisconsin, I am multi-tasking.  Kids must come with me to my church gig this morning, then, depending on which child is moody by then ;), either one or both of them will be dropped off at a friend's house, who will take them to the final Shabbaton at their Sunday School.  Then I have to head off to a big retirement community where I'm directing the Pacific Pops in a performance.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »

So why am I here, posting this blather?

Something I'm sure many of you ask daily when you see me posting.

JMK

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 07:51:05 AM »

Today's rather peculiar email department:

Salut!

[@AuthorDisplayName] est sur MySpace et nous t’invitons à t’inscrire pour devenir notre ami.

En rejoignant MySpace tu seras automatiquement lié à notre profil. Tu pourras ainsi être informé de toute notre actu et tu pourras tout savoir sur nos concerts près de chez toi, écouter nos nouveaux morceaux, lire notre blog, nous suivre partout en regardant nos photos et nos vidéos, et surtout communiquer directement avec nous par mail et commentaires !

On t’attend sur MySpace !
[@AuthorDisplayName]

JMK

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 07:51:42 AM »

How DARE @AuthorDisplayName not use the formal VOUS with me?

MBarnum

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »

LOL, JMK!

MBarnum

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 08:06:34 AM »

I noticed that the CW network (I didn't know of this network until now) is planning new versions of the 90s TV shows 90210 and MELROSE PLACE.

I was totally addicted to the old MELROSE PLACE, so I will be interested to see how this new version plays

Evidently both Heather Locklear and Grant Show are currently unemployed available and have begged agreed to be on it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »

Last night, when I packed up the Loesser for the night, I watched the season finale for THE TUDORS. Much as I like a lot of this series, and much as I was happy to hear it wll continue next season, I think very much that it's time the idiot producers stop trying to recreate softcore Cinemax At Night and start ageing the characters.

At some point Henry has to gain the avoirdupois which began with his leg keeping him from being so athletic. I really doubt the latest wife-to-be and he were cavorting so much in the nude for two reasons: he was becoming a fat pig and she was a teen-age idiot with a large libido who was too busy playing around with boys her own age, much as the men around her were setting her up to be queen.

And, I wonder, why is Ane of Cleves so pretty? Supposedly the Holbein made her look better than she was, so she must have been a dog who smelled really badly because Henry reported she smelled terrible and was so awful he couldn't consummate the marriage. We're talking about a historic period where no one washed for years! I doubt the word hygiene, the lack of which is why so may died in childbirth, was even a real word at that time. If Anne of Cleves stank and looked bad, you'd never know it from the series.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:10:07 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up