Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIGHTY TIRED BK  (Read 17923 times)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
Re: THE MIGHTY TIRED BK
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2009, 11:13:57 AM »

BLATHER  YES.

PICS YES.

LINKS YES.

please don't ever stop
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »

If only a few of us are able to see The First Nudie Musical, I know there are several restaurants and coffee shops within a block of the theatre, maybe we could meet an hour or so before the show.  Or does BK need help in the theatre if it's only a couple of us ?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:51:30 PM by Sam »
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »

Just listened to  Tom Jones   ;D, and now to  House of Flowers      ;D.

Sam

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »

I moved everything around in the apt., now I need to move the pictures.

Studio City is trying to fight what is happening with all the new construction.  But it's just overwhelming.  I try to go to the meetings every month.  Here is their website.  www.studiocityresidents.org.     
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:52:57 PM by Sam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2009, 11:41:16 AM »

I'm back from a loverly walk through Riverside Park down to 72nd Street, then up to 75th on West End, to the Broadway Market at 77th and Broadway, and home. Very delightful. The park is jumping today, and it was a nice way to get out and stretch my legs. I think tomorrow I will walk up Riverside to 102 or so and then down Broadway.

And so, to Frank Loesser for a bit of work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »

I am enjoying doing nothing but being lazy.  I've been listening to music, but will now go to Gelson's, get some food (or maybe Subway) and then begin watching motion pictures.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

It is a beautiful day outside but very warm for May (a Jerome Kern reference).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

I spent almost all of my afternoon finishing up THE CLEANER (no, the series is not about my daily cleaning rituals). I had four episodes to go, and I did get all four watched. They involved four very different people battling addictions: a piano prodigy, an actress, a sorority sister, and a husband and wife working from home drinking all day long.

And, of course, the season ending episode set up a cliffhanger of sorts for Benjamin Bratt's character and his rocky marriage.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »

I also watched all of the bonus features. There were some deleted scenes (4), a gag reel, a 14-minute behind the scenes tour of sets, make-up trailer, dubbing stage, and backlot where the actor in question was learning to ride a motorcycle in order to play a biker on the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »

I had a little time left over, so I started watching THE FASHION SHOW. I finally recorded the correct episode! In the mini challenge to start the competition, the teams had to design a new shoe. Frankly, most of the shoes looked more like costume pieces than anything a real person might wear. After the winner was declared on that, I stopped the show and will pick back up with it when I go back down.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »

As for the rest of the evening, I'd like to watch PUSHING DAISIES while I make George's DVD-R of it. I'll likely watch another NCIS episode from season 5. I will probably watch tonight's LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT at 10. So what comes between those shows will be decided once I'm viewing something.

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  The thunderstorms that DR JRand mentioned last night arrived here while we were watching Anchors Aweigh on PBS, so we disconnected all the computers and watched the weather coverage.  Our sirens went off, but the tornadoes that apparently touched down were south and east of us.

This morning we were off to Lima for Richard's second official Sunday service, followed by coffee hour and a hospital visit.  I discovered that there's a Starbuck's in the hospital lobby, so I waited there while Richard visited ICU - with the patient's family members and Richard, I figured that was enough of a crowd.

We are now home waiting for the arrival of Rob and a friend, who will do the heavy-lifting in our furniture rearranging project.  Mary Linda is coming, too, but after today's matinee (4th of 4 performances since Friday evening), I suspect she'll just want to veg.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2009, 01:45:49 PM »

Everything seems pretty quiet on the internet this afternoon, as I finished my afternoon surf in record time. I guess I'll head down now to clean my bathroom and then head back into the viewing area for more of this evening's entertainment.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »

DR TCB - Thanks for posting the Guys and Dolls photos last night - looks like fun!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2009, 01:58:37 PM »

I noticed that the CW network (I didn't know of this network until now) is planning new versions of the 90s TV shows 90210 and MELROSE PLACE.

I was totally addicted to the old MELROSE PLACE, so I will be interested to see how this new version plays

Evidently both Heather Locklear and Grant Show are currently unemployed available and have begged agreed to be on it.

90210 has already been on for, at least, one season, if not two.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Sam

« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »

Time goes by too quickly.  Also listened to  Two For The Seesaw  and  Illya Darling.

My good neighbors ( the adjoining wall) are moving today.  Please let someone quite move in.  I left Hollywood because of the endless noise all night long.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:03:27 PM by Sam »

Sam

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

Well,  my break is over.  Need to take the I don't need this anymore boxes downstairs to the storage cabinet above the car?   Or just take them to Out of the Closet this week ? 

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2009, 03:22:37 PM »

I noticed that the CW network (I didn't know of this network until now) is planning new versions of the 90s TV shows 90210 and MELROSE PLACE.

I was totally addicted to the old MELROSE PLACE, so I will be interested to see how this new version plays

Evidently both Heather Locklear and Grant Show are currently unemployed available and have begged agreed to be on it.

90210 has already been on for, at least, one season, if not two.

Yes 90210 just finished its first season. YOu can probably check out episodes on the CW website which is something like cwtv.com.

I wouldn't really compare 90210 to the original. The only similarities (which are sort of interesting) is that the new show features some of the original cast members. Jennie Garth (kelly) was on quite a bit. Shannen dougherty (brenda) was on a few episodes. As was Tori spelling (donna). And they featured the Peach Pit.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2009, 03:24:01 PM »

There's nothing on tonight that i will watch. I will probably just watching last night's PUSHING DAISIES.

Although if i got mtv i would watch the red carpet and the Hills. ANd maybe even the movie awards. Although i will watch the first two on mtv.ca tomorrow.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood (here in Chelsea). We will head out later to walk around and take in the sights of young men with tank tops or no shirts and also to just enjoy the beautiful weather.

A DVD we burned a while ago is wonky so we were not able to watch a film called Midnight with Don Ameche and Claudette Colbert (John Barrymore has 3rd billing and his 3rd wife Elaine has a very, very small part but got 6th billing because she was married to Barrymore). Anthony will take it out of his library on Long Island and we will watch it that way thought it may not be for a while because we don't have any plans for Long Island until the July 4th Weekend.

This is a Wonderful movie!

http://poguespages.blogspot.com

Ben

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2009, 03:43:51 PM »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood (here in Chelsea). We will head out later to walk around and take in the sights of young men with tank tops or no shirts and also to just enjoy the beautiful weather.

A DVD we burned a while ago is wonky so we were not able to watch a film called Midnight with Don Ameche and Claudette Colbert (John Barrymore has 3rd billing and his 3rd wife Elaine has a very, very small part but got 6th billing because she was married to Barrymore). Anthony will take it out of his library on Long Island and we will watch it that way thought it may not be for a while because we don't have any plans for Long Island until the July 4th Weekend.

This is a Wonderful movie!

http://poguespages.blogspot.com

I'm really looking forward to finishing it. We got to the point where Colbert begins playing bridge with Mary Astor and the disc froze.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2009, 03:49:37 PM »

5 AM - daybreak
8 AM - darkness
8:05 - drizzle
8:07 - deluge!

All clear by noon.

1PM - dogs start a ruckus in the back yard
1: 30 - check the yard - can't find a reason for the ruckus
2PM - ruckus continues
2:15 PM - change into long pants, put on along sleeve jacket (tick protection) to go out to investigate.

Scoured the fence perimeter (where buster had been trying to dig a tunnel)
and finall found the source of the canine consternation - two turtles just outside the fence out of paws reach.

I got a box to hold the Beastie's and scooped them up - one fella wouldn't stay put and kept trying to escape while I was climbing through the underbrush to the side yard to set them free.

One turtle scurried away, the other stayed quietly in his shell.

der Brucer

Note: they are Eastern Box Turtles
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:00:47 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2009, 04:07:55 PM »

For JRand, TCB, and other Titanic nuts others with an interest:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

LAST SURVIVOR OF 'UNSINKABLE' TITANIC DIES AT 97

LONDON —  Millvina Dean, who as a baby was wrapped in a sack and lowered into a lifeboat in the frigid North Atlantic, died Sunday, having been the last survivor of 1912 sinking of the RMS Titanic.

She was 97 years old, and she died where she had lived — in Southampton, England, the city her family had tried to leave behind when it took the ship's ill-fated maiden voyage, bound for America.

She died in her sleep early Sunday, her friend Gunter Babler told the Associated Press. It was the 98th anniversary of the launch of the ship that was billed as "practically unsinkable."

[article continues at length]

der Brucer
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:09:50 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2009, 04:29:10 PM »

Made it through the gauntlet of activities, kids are home and playing, and I turned on Fox News (I know, I know) to see them cheerily (yes, cheerily) discussing the killing of the abortion doctor.  Oy and vey.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

Um, page THREE?  I don't think so.  Danger, Will Robinson. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »

I fell asleep for a little while.  Cason's not coming - we did the work via e-mail.  I've watched one movie and am starting another.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2009, 05:16:03 PM »

For JRand, TCB, and other Titanic nuts others with an interest:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

LAST SURVIVOR OF 'UNSINKABLE' TITANIC DIES AT 97

LONDON —  Millvina Dean, who as a baby was wrapped in a sack and lowered into a lifeboat in the frigid North Atlantic, died Sunday, having been the last survivor of 1912 sinking of the RMS Titanic.

She was 97 years old, and she died where she had lived — in Southampton, England, the city her family had tried to leave behind when it took the ship's ill-fated maiden voyage, bound for America.

She died in her sleep early Sunday, her friend Gunter Babler told the Associated Press. It was the 98th anniversary of the launch of the ship that was billed as "practically unsinkable."

[article continues at length]

der Brucer

Thank you for posting the article, derBrucer, I hadn't heard the news.  It seems fitting to devote my 16,000 post to Millvina Dean.  I met her at the pier in Boston when we returned from the Titanic site.  She had declined to sail on the cruise out to the site, but she had hoped to see the piece of the hull when we arrived back.  No such luck.

And since it is my big 16,000.........................

UNDERPANTS!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »

Now who is coming to LA to see the First Nudie Musical reading
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »

The LA People

Is The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story still playing in Westwood?

I hope it would be still around when I come down there.
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »

TCB, did the rest of Millvina's family survive?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up