Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YAHOOS  (Read 11973 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE YAHOOS
« on: June 03, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were filled with yahoos, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're overtired due to some yaMOOS annoying them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE YAHOOS
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 12:12:42 AM »

And the word of the day is: GRIG!

DAW

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:01:45 AM »

DAW

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:03:07 AM »

***EMPLOYMENT VIBES***
for DR Sam!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:18:49 AM by DAW »

Michael

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:01:03 AM »

BK

RE Star Trek and Checkov

You will wait a long time for the character to make an appearance. His character didn't start to season 2 (Although supposedly he was on the ship, but he just wasn't seen.)

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 05:02:55 AM »

ASK BK

You have commented that the soundtrack to Breakfast At Tiffany's really isn't a soundtrack recording. Do you know if the recordings still exist and would you consider releasing it?
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 05:06:18 AM »

Wednesday.....I shall review my note from last night and make sure I do not make the same mistake tonight.

It is rainy here....and more storms predicted.  I am working on the KISS ME KATE photo album and will post a link when all photos are uploaded.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 05:06:37 AM »

The DD now has a habit of getting up with the cows (of which there are none in our neighborhood) and he wants out at about 4:30/5:00am every morning.  I have no clue why or how it started. He'll troll around the yard for about 20 minutes and then come in and curl up on his bed in the living room and sleep all the live long day.  Once I get up and let him out, most of the time it's too difficult to get back to sleep.  So, here we are :)

Question for bk - I read that you are about to the the next official Kritzerland announcement, but have you un-officially announced it on the board yet?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 05:06:53 AM »

Yamoos - weren't those characters in Jules Vernes book From Here to the Moon?

Matthew

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 05:06:55 AM »

Oh, and it's raining.... oy

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 05:08:47 AM »

I keep reading about people destroying their Samsung Blu Ray players by doing updates.....so I am not going to think about updating until I buy a disk that doesn't work.

I watched ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN on the blue ray disk...the FX are even shoddier - if you can imagine that being possible - but everyone looks great and there is great detail in clothing and set dressing that one might not have noticed before.

DAW

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 05:23:05 AM »

Have the Yahoos met the Yokels?

DAW

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 05:24:28 AM »

I watched ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN on the blue ray disk...

Glad to see that they've gotten their priorities straight in deciding what to release first on Blu-Ray!

Matthew

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 05:24:45 AM »

Our region free DVD died last night.  Just purchased a Phillips model from Amazon.  I'm sure that will last until we decided on switching to blu-ray and high def

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 05:29:42 AM »

Good morning, all! I'm having breakfast in an hour with Jerome Moross' daughter Susanna. After that, a quick stop at a furniture store, and then back here to finish up the Act Two notes for THE MOST HAPPY FELLA. It took me about 6 hrs to type up the first half of Act Two yesterday, and I want to finish today so I can drop the score off to Music Theatre International tomorrow morning.

The Babes In Toyland score is now being perused by the Institute, and the first round of questions has arrived for the opening number. Tomorrow, I have a meeting with the chief editor of the Institute's CPE Bach project. which will be interesting.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 05:35:15 AM »

I watched ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN on the blue ray disk...

Glad to see that they've gotten their priorities straight in deciding what to release first on Blu-Ray!

LOL....it was the official DVD release....but not officially on Blu Ray....nor is it expected to be until they really start poking around in the bottom of the movie barrel.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 05:36:04 AM »

DR ELMORE I hope you included Ms Funicello's picture with the material...it will make a nice surprise to those perusing the Victor Herbert archives.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 05:36:21 AM »

Off to the grocery store....for the monthly trip....

Michael

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 05:47:07 AM »

DR Kerry posted yesterday:

I was moving some boxes in my laundry room yesterday and came across two pages from LIFE magazine (It could be LOOK, but  the layout looks more like LIFE).  It's a two page spread from 1961 on the effervescent starlets on TV that season:  Judy Lewis (Outlaw), Lori Patrick (Tales of Wells Fargo), Gigi Perreau (Follow the Sun), Roberta Shore (Bob Cummings Show), Cynthia Pepper (Margie), Joan Patrick (Dr. Kildare), Mary Tyler Moore (Dick Van Dyke), Joan Freeman (Bus Stop) and Karen Kupcinet
(Mrs. G Goes to College).

Karyn Kupcinet name is actually spelled Karyn Kupcinet. Two years later she was found murderd in her Hollywood apartment November 25, 1963. The reason why I remember her name is because for many. many years when Weekly Variety was a "real" b & w newspaper there was on page 2 or 3 (I think) there was a memorial ad with her picture and years of her life. At the time I used to read Variety there was no internet and I never knew who she was. Years later I found out.

Her murder was never solved.

At the time she was seeing actor Andrew Prine. He was questioned and released amoung many other people including two other actors.

"By 1962 Kupcinet was living in Hollywood, had a relationship with actor Andrew Prine, and was getting positive reviews for her acting. However, the relationship was problematic, Kupcinet was abusing diet pills along with other prescription drugs, and she had been arrested for shoplifting.

The problems with the relationship were mainly due to Prine's objections to making the relationship exclusive. After the actress underwent an illegal abortion in July 1963, the relationship cooled and Prine began dating other women. In turn, Kupcinet began spying on Prine and his new girlfriend.[1] It was later determined that Kupcinet had sent threatening and profane messages, consisting of words and letters she had cut out of magazines, to Prine and herself."
(From a 2004 article)

Prine's career suffered after this due to his association with the murder.  He just became notice playing Helen Keller's brother in the film version of The Miracle Worker. He mostly worked in TV after that and made few theatrical releases none (IMHO) that were the quality of The Miracle Worker

Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 06:19:08 AM »

ON THIS DAY IN THEATRE HISTORY:

The original production of Kander & Ebb's CHICAGO, directed by Bob Fosse, opened on this date in 1975 at the 46th Street Theatre.

I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this one--I could swear that it opened earlier in the year.  My mind must be playing tricks on me because I recall picking up the cast album (along with that of A CHORUS LINE) about a week after school let out for summer vacation.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 06:28:40 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  It's cool, but very humid, here in SW Ohio today.  Richard is cleaning out the gutters (his least favorite job), but will only work for about another 45 minutes.  That's when I have to leave to take my mom to the eye doctor and we don't like for Richard to be up and down on a ladder when no one else is home.

Our life is so exciting...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 06:53:33 AM »

I won't be at the HHW Tony party because I'm going to the Tonys on Sunday.

A friend has a ticket she can't use (medical issues) and she offered it to me. I figure this is one of the only times I'll be able to go, even if I'm sitting in the first mezzanine of Radio City Music Hall, so that's one thing I can check off my list of things to do before I die.

Perhaps later in life Anthony will be nominated and we can go together.

Michael

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 06:54:24 AM »

From DR DAW yesterday

A CLASSICAL COLLECTIBLE POP-UP:

It looks like Julie Andrews had some work done.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 06:56:15 AM »

FROM DR SAM  Yesterday

On the bright side, once I had passed 50, I quit worrying about all the things I said I was going to do and hadn't.  I'm much more relaxed that way.  And some things still get done.

I always say keep within the speed limit and don't go over 50
Never stop dreaming.

DAW

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »

How exciting for you, DR Ben!   :)       Hope we'll see you on the small screen!

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 07:13:39 AM »

re: the celebrity discussion from yesterday and re: lou diamond phillips vs spencer and heidi pratt.

I agree that Lou Diamond Phillips has had a career vs heidi and spencer who basically just star on a reality show.  But when i was talking fame I was thinking more of who would have paparazzi following them. And that would be heidi and spencer.

It's weird because a lot of people have never heard of them. Yet they are in a lot of magazines.

The quote DR RonP mentioned yesterday (spencer storming off set and calling the head of NBC) is true. It happened on the show. And while spencer is spoiled, I can't figure out how much of that
was for show. On The Hills he is a villain. So i think he was playing villain on this show as well.

It was weird to watch. But since the Pratts have now left the show (i'm a celebrity) for good I will probably stop watching.

Btw, i don't necessarily think that just because someone did this show (i'm a celebrity) that it means their careers are washed up. They are doing it for charity. I don't think that someone like janice dickinson or Spencer and heidi needed to do this.

Ben

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 07:15:10 AM »

How exciting for you, DR Ben!   :)       Hope we'll see you on the small screen!

You will probably need your magnifying glass. I'll be taping it and then Anthony will watch after the fact and I will provide commentary.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 07:31:13 AM »

***EMPLOYMENT VIBES***
for DR Sam!!!!!!!

***EMPLOYMENT VIBES***
for DR DAW!!!!!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 07:38:34 AM »

I won't be at the HHW Tony party because I'm going to the Tonys on Sunday.

A friend has a ticket she can't use (medical issues) and she offered it to me. I figure this is one of the only times I'll be able to go, even if I'm sitting in the first mezzanine of Radio City Music Hall, so that's one thing I can check off my list of things to do before I die.

Perhaps later in life When Anthony will be is nominated, we can go together.

There, much better.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 07:41:44 AM »

Good morning!

I slept poorly last night and don't doubt for a second that a nap will happen at some point todaay. It's another one of those early summer days here with highs in the upper 80s, so it's not going to be cool or pleasant. Of course, I'll be inside for all of it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up