Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY, I'M A LITTLE BIT ROCK-AND-ROLL  (Read 16103 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: I'M A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY, I'M A LITTLE BIT ROCK-AND-ROLL
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »

I want to have a gardner.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »

On the celebrity search front, we've tracked down David Garrison, Teresa Stratas, and Frederica von Stada this morning. Roberta Peters is the only singer to work with John McGlinn we cannot locate.

On the celebrity search front, we've tracked down David Garrison, Teresa Stratas, and Frederica von Stada this morning. Roberta Peters is the only singer to work with John McGlinn we cannot locate.

I believe that Roberta Peters lives in Southern Florida

As a Matter of Fact ROBERTA PETERS FIELDS lives in BOCA RATON

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2009, 11:30:45 AM »

Well, last night's rehearsal of "Romeo & Juliet" came in at five minutes faster than the night before last...we're now at 3 hours and 40 minutes!  Woo hoo. ::)

Tonight, we have our very first live audience!  I'm sure that THAT will speed up things. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »

Daily drop by time--I'm so behind on the posts, I fear I will never catch up.

Our production of The Producers is evidently up on Broadway World, though of course none of my 60+ conducting credits are mentioned, LOL.

And this morning I got Criterion's e-blast of LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD, which uses a pull quote from my review, so that was kind of cool.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »

DR MattH, as much as I like The Young & The Restless, it is just average right now. I know you were interested in the new gay storyline. But i don't think that will be coming up for a while (my guess is with either nina's son phillip or her non-dead husband phillip).

The actor who plays adam is changing this week (which sucks to me), but the story that involves him and a gay kiss is most likely only a heterosexual gay trying to prey on his gay lawyer. Not sure if that interests you.

A "heterosexual gay"?  ???
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »

Well, last night's rehearsal of "Romeo & Juliet" came in at five minutes faster than the night before last...we're now at 3 hours and 40 minutes!  Woo hoo. ::)

Tonight, we have our very first live audience!  I'm sure that THAT will speed up things. :D

@ @ @ @ @  BREAKING LEG VIBES TONIGHT FOR DR GEORGE AND THE CAST OF ROMEO AND JULIET  @ @ @ @ @
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2009, 12:08:20 PM »

This morning went very slowly - don't know why really.  Listening to Mr. Mathis as I work around the home environment.

DAW

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »

DAW

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »

I think DR Jennifer meant "guy."

DAW

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

I do mix them up, myself, every now and again.      ;)

George

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »

I think DR Jennifer meant "guy."

Ahhh...I just didn't get it.  But I do now. ;D

George

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »

@ @ @ @ @  BREAKING LEG VIBES TONIGHT FOR DR GEORGE AND THE CAST OF ROMEO AND JULIET  @ @ @ @ @

Thanks, Dan (the Man)!!  It's actually our final preview, but an audience is an audience.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »

I believe that Roberta Peters lives in Southern Florida

As a Matter of Fact ROBERTA PETERS FIELDS lives in BOCA RATON

DR Arnold Brockman, do you have contact information for her?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2009, 12:35:33 PM »

Schadenfreude

And no, I'm not talking about Avenue Q!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

I'm back from the Lincoln Center NYPL and the idiots who run the building, and of course have no  experience with the customers, have decided with budgetary cuts to completely screw up the research collection and divide it onto the second and third floors. It's completely inefficient, badly set up and not providing enough information to the researchers who use the collection. to say that I am thoroughly pissed off at such incompetence from idiots who know nothing but are in charge is an understatement.

I'm unhappy, the librarians are unhappy, and those idiots in charge  who made the decision are quite smug about its success. Asses. complete asses.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2009, 12:38:49 PM »

I needed sugar fast! My blood sugar as I got off the bus dropped to 38 so I had to stop at the market and buy a prefab fruit pie with a crust that tastes less of pastry and more of cardboard.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2009, 12:45:32 PM »

Back from a lovely lunch with a retired librarian friend, who's about a year ahead of me retirement-wise.  She had some very astute things to say about this new lifestyle.

I was going to make several stops on the way home, but it's just too hot  :P so I'm in for the rest of the day, enjoying the AC and roasting a chicken for our dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »

So...  The Governor of South Carolina was in Argentina? (not Appalachia).  ???

You can really get lost on those trails if you don't know your way around.

:D  :D  :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »

One of my clients brought some fabulous tacos from La Juanita - for Edith and I to eat for lunch.  I love my immigration clients!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »

From DR Cilla:
'm supposed to get a call from the fabricators/installers in the next two days.  They will come and make a template and then it's supposed to take 3 weeks to get to the install.  The installation of everything is supposed to only take one day.  I hope they are right.

It shouldn't even take a full day.  Just be sure they cut it with the template right side up.  Our bathroom was done upside down & they put it in anyway.  When we did the kitchen counters we used a different company who did a fabulous job.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »

Another stifling day here in North CArolina. Ugh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »

I want to have a gardner.

A lot of us were impressed with his skills during the first season of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. Too bad they couldn't find a way to keep him as a member of the cast.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »

I began my afternoon of viewing with Monday's NURSE JACKIE. An OK episode, but not much plot to this one. Eli Wallach was the primary guest star.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2009, 01:36:49 PM »

From DR Cilla:
'm supposed to get a call from the fabricators/installers in the next two days.  They will come and make a template and then it's supposed to take 3 weeks to get to the install.  The installation of everything is supposed to only take one day.  I hope they are right.

It shouldn't even take a full day.  Just be sure they cut it with the template right side up.  Our bathroom was done upside down & they put it in anyway.  When we did the kitchen counters we used a different company who did a fabulous job.

I guess I always figure a full day because many times I wait half of it for them to get there :)

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »

Then I watched last night's BETTER OFF TED. Some funny stuff, especially with Medieval Fight Club! Very droll.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »

Then, I sped through yesterday's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS which I got off last night's Soapnet. Didn't know anyone, of course, (it was my first-ever episode), but I'll figure out the storyline I'm the most interested in and ignore everything else.

YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS is the only CBS soap broadcast in HD, so that will be fun to watch.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2009, 01:40:04 PM »

Then I began work continuing with BURN NOTICE. I watched five or the remaining six episodes of the show this afternoon. This will make my work tonight very easy indeed.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »

Among the episodes in that group was the fabulous one where Michael is inside a bank when it gets robbed and he sets up a series of bobby traps for the robbers. I think this is one of THE great episodes of the series, and if I had had time, I would have rewatched the whole thing again. It's SO much fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »

There was only one deleted scene in any of the episodes I watched this afternoon and no other bonus features.

I know the last episode does have a commentary with Bruce Campbell as one of the participants. I didn't look to see what else is left on the third disc in the set.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up