Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY FRIDAYS  (Read 19111 times)

td

• td
Re: ONLY FRIDAYS
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »

Oh my!  are we only on page 3?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »

Oh my!  are we only on page 3?

I guess I took us to page four.   ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2009, 02:35:39 PM »

Oh, and I'm listening to an advance copy of the original London cast recording of Alan Menken's SISTER ACT and really enjoying it.

I ordered the CD from DressCircle.co.uk and am waiting patiently for it.  I love the song The Life I Never Led, that BK posted on youtube last week. :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 02:37:16 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »

And now, for something completely different, may I present:

James Ensor's Skeletons Fighting Over a Pickled Herring

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »

Oh, and I'm listening to an advance copy of the original London cast recording of Alan Menken's SISTER ACT and really enjoying it.

I ordered the CD from DressCircle.co.uk and am waiting patiently for it.  I love the song The Life I Never Led, that BK posted on youtube last week. :D

I agree with you George and the Girl who sang it knocked it out of the Park

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2009, 02:47:46 PM »

Ron, I don't really want to say this on the FSM board, but this version, if you love the music, sounds much better - the FSM, for whatever reasons, was not well mastered, in my opinion.  Plus, you get the album art and a nice single CD release.  It depends on how much you like the music, I think.  The next Kritzerland release, which will pair one title from the box set with a never before released soundtrack, is going back to the master tapes for the box set score, because, for me, it sounds like junk - on the verge of distortion the entire time (and occasionally going over the edge) - my mastering guy thinks its because they pushed their EQ way too loud, which resulted in the distortion.  And I won't put out anything that sounds like that, when there's a good master tape. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »

Back from the post office and errand and am now listening to The Apartment/The Fortune Cookie - what a wonderful CD this is.  I'm hoping to have them by next Friday.

Consider yourself Tweeted!

Thanks, Tweety!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2009, 02:49:27 PM »

I bought the MGM (U.A. titles) box from FSM....and have both "The Fortune Cookie" and "The Apartment."  My dilemma is having a hole in my Kritzerland collection....

From bk's notes, it sounds like you may face this dilemma several more times in the near future!

Actually not - I won't be releasing any more from the box set that's in the exact configuration their titles are.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2009, 02:49:58 PM »

I went to the Hamlet and had nachos whilst proofing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2009, 02:50:24 PM »

Picked up a couple of packages, and now I'm home until ten this evening, at which time I'll have a brief meeting with Miss Alet Taylor.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2009, 02:53:10 PM »

The "discussion" on the FSM board is really interesting - most are thrilled we've done this, but there are two very vocal people who aren't.  I've been nothing but forthcoming (realize I don't really owe anyone any explanations about anything), answering questions, explaining motivations and reality, and one of these two guys just made a nasty post about my "defensive posturing" - I asked him to please provide one example of such posturing - he won't be able to, and I told him to apologize because his post was completely offensive and ridiculous.  We'll see if he's man enough to do it.  If not, I will be merciless, oh, yes, I will be merciless.

FJL

« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »

td - At 10:30., it's just Julie and me, though.  Ann is just joining us for dinner, not the show.

FJL

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »

Ben - Skip thanks you for the plug!

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2009, 03:17:46 PM »

Back from the post office and errand and am now listening to The Apartment/The Fortune Cookie - what a wonderful CD this is.  I'm hoping to have them by next Friday.

Consider yourself Tweeted!

Thanks, Tweety!

And
Re-Tweeted!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »

On my dvd player player last night I watched most of CANDIDE with Paul Groves (and wished he were in the room watching it with me).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »

DR Jose just left, and before he went, he updated my computer thoroughly. It's running rather quickly and seems happy to have all these cool new programs. Also, after he left, I learned that my dinner date for the evening decided he was too tired to visit and my evening is now entirely open. i think I shall watch some DVDs. I think our DR Jose should go to Central Park for the Underwear Run.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »

Hey, DR elmore!

I'm actually just at the Starbucks down the block.  Since Verizon has been working on the lines up in my 'hood this past week, our internet has been slow(er), and since I had my laptop with me, I decided to go ahead and stop in here to take care of some updates/downloads for myself.

What do you want for dinner?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2009, 03:35:06 PM »

Although, I am a little tempted to check out the aforementioned Central Park Underwear Run.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »

Hey, DR elmore!

I'm actually just at the Starbucks down the block.  Since Verizon has been working on the lines up in my 'hood this past week, our internet has been slow(er), and since I had my laptop with me, I decided to go ahead and stop in here to take care of some updates/downloads for myself.

That's very kind of you, DR Jose, but I think I will make a sandwich and watch some DVDs. I'll have a quiet evening and get to bed early.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »

Hey, DR elmore!

That's very kind of you, DR Jose, but I think I will make a sandwich and watch some DVDs. I'll have a quiet evening and get to bed early.

...And off to Cherry Hill I go... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very Friday-like, and now it is time for you to post until the Friday cows come home.

I think I would prefer a week of all Saturdays.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2009, 03:58:34 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very Friday-like, and now it is time for you to post until the Friday cows come home.

That's sorta what retirement is like...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »

the aforementioned Central Park Underwear Run.

And the Naked Cowboy makes a brief [pun intended] cameo appearance in the video!    :)

DAW

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2009, 04:14:24 PM »

That's sorta what retirement is like...

And unemployment!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »

Media check:

DVD: Hopefully I can get to some of the TALES OF WELLS FARGO episodes that Netflix sent to me a couple of weeks ago.

CD: Movie hits of Kailish Kher

My goodness, Mikey, were they really able to get all of the movie hits of Kailish Kher on one CD?
“One thing’s universal,

DAW

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »

I'm curious is that thing DR TCB posted about GHOST WHISPERER 100% for sure? When i read about it a while ago i didn't think it was for sure. Maybe now it is?

My first reaction I think is similar to most fans - not thrilled about it. I love watching melinda pregnant and would like to see how that progresses and what happens now with her and "jim". I guess maybe they will do flashbacks. And just want us to be able to see the kid do stuff. I wonder who they will cast as the kid?

It is printed in today's edition of TV Guide, so I assume that it is true.
“One thing’s universal,

DAW

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »

Lang Lang's perfectly staged, grotesquely self-involved ecstasy:

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »

Ron, I don't really want to say this on the FSM board, but this version, if you love the music, sounds much better - the FSM, for whatever reasons, was not well mastered, in my opinion.  Plus, you get the album art and a nice single CD release.  It depends on how much you like the music, I think.  The next Kritzerland release, which will pair one title from the box set with a never before released soundtrack, is going back to the master tapes for the box set score, because, for me, it sounds like junk - on the verge of distortion the entire time (and occasionally going over the edge) - my mastering guy thinks its because they pushed their EQ way too loud, which resulted in the distortion.  And I won't put out anything that sounds like that, when there's a good master tape. 

Done.   I really can't believe all the whining at FSM...especially from one person whose name I won't mention (his initials are Eric Paddon, though).

Such a tortured soul bent on bringing misery with him wherever he spits.   Since he's taken such a high ground, on moral grounds, no less, I've challenged him to comment as to whether this meant that, because of his stance, he would no longer be posting at FSM's Messageboard.

I know the answer is NO....he is lots of bluster, hot air and word-spin.  I think it's interesting that he has decided to avoid criticizing you, Bruce...saving all his bitter invective for FSM based on Kendall's verbiage about the unlikelihood of those 20 titles ever being released as single CDs.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:43:06 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2009, 04:37:53 PM »

The guy who made that post has apologized both publicly and privately, so all is well and well is all. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up