Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FROLICSOME IMP  (Read 33918 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE FROLICSOME IMP
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2004, 04:29:59 PM »

It's chili night tonight!  Yummers!  The beefy and porky mixture is simmering in a Dutch oven as I write.  And I finally found some decent corn tortillas to go with the chili!  Now all I have to do is dice up some white onion and shred some cheese, and heat up the beans to go on the side.  (And if der Brucer really wants a dollop of sour cream, I'll let him have that, too.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2004, 04:36:09 PM »

[size=20]
Page Five Dance!
[/size]
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
:o
:o :D :o
:o :D 8) :D :o
:o :D 8) :-* 8) :D :o
8) :-* 8)
[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Robin

« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2004, 04:54:15 PM »

Robin what do you really look like?

This is me.  

Since my run-in with my neighbor's sofa, however, my once-flowing locks are now all gone.  

I'll post a more recent photo of moi, possibly reading Kritzer Time at the cabin in Wisconsin, when I pick up the pics from the lab.  

But Tor Johnson is a handsome fella, isn't he?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 04:59:13 PM by Robin »
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2004, 05:01:17 PM »

Can't something be done about this Super VistaVision?  

My poor ol' iMac's screen isn't all that wide!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2004, 05:06:30 PM »

Which page is in Vista Vision?  Everything looks fine on my screen.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2004, 05:08:29 PM »

Nice Pic Robin.  Thanks.  You just seem to nice to look like that other guy. :D

Robin

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2004, 05:24:18 PM »

Which page is in Vista Vision?  Everything looks fine on my screen.

This very one...!

Robin

« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2004, 05:26:43 PM »

Nice Pic Robin.  Thanks.  You just seem to nice to look like that other guy. :D

Tor has always fascinated me.  His image always seems to bring a smile to my face.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2004, 05:28:25 PM »

My, my.  How blase we have become.  We crossed the 35,000 post threshold today and nobody made a peep about it.

Congratulations, BK, on the continuing success of HHW.  Soon it will be the most popular site on all the internet.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2004, 05:31:20 PM »

Congratulations, BK, on the continuing success of HHW.  Soon it will be the most popular site on all the internet.

You mean it isn't already?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2004, 05:32:15 PM »

Evening all.  This will be short and sweet.  I’m not feeling my best (again, I know, but I can't help it) and will be heading off to dream land in a very short time.  

Busy day.  Went to the Public Works Rodeo.  That’s a fun day for the people who work with the heavy equipment.  It gives them time try their skill doing things like picking up a golf ball will a bull dozer and trying for a hole in one or some such.

I tried my hand at tossing some bean bags but I couldn’t hit the side of barn if my life depended on it.  Then I tried the wheelbarrow race.  It had a balls on top of a board that you had to keep on the board while going through obstacles.  I almost made it until the last obstacle did me in.  Ah, well.  

I forgot my reading glasses but did the typing test anyway.  I managed to do 55 WPM with no errors.  Not bad considering the test was blurry to me and I had to squint a couple of times to read it.

They also had a rep from the medical insurance company doing fat to body mass readings.  According to their scale, I weigh 128 lbs (!) which puts me one point over the ideal fat/body count for my height and age.  That means I am  (according to their chart) Slightly Obese.  Somehow I am not worried about it.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happiest of Birthdays to DR Jane!  Many, Many, Many more and each one happier then the last!!!![/move]

DR TCB, how well I understand your situation.  This is the first time in my life that I haven’t had to walk a fine edge.  My very best wishes for you to get back on track ASAP!  Do what you have to do but come back to us.  We will still be here for you.

Vibes for TCB!

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Question for Bruce: When you started writing, what were your greatest hopes for your books?  For example:  To teach, to touch someone, to amuse, to share.....

Have a very nice evening all.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2004, 05:46:34 PM »

Can someone please do a spot of research and find out who wrote La Cucaracha and when it was written?  Thank you.

Jed

« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2004, 05:57:23 PM »

La Cucaracha - written by Stanley Adams, 1934
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2004, 06:01:25 PM »

Is that the famous one?

Jed

« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2004, 06:01:29 PM »

The best of all possible vibes to my dear cyber-father, TCB!

Jed

« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2004, 06:01:56 PM »

Yup, that's the one, BK.

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2004, 06:23:55 PM »

Slightly obese at 128 lbs? How tall are you?

I find that very hard to believe.  I am 5'4, and when I got weighed in by my doc last year, I weighed a similar weight and was told it was well within being a healthy weight.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2004, 06:28:33 PM »

Thank you, one and all,
for the kind words and good vibes.

You haven't gotten rid of me quite yet.  I believe my AOL service goes through Saturday or Sunday.  And, if I have to move out of here, it will probably be early next week.  And, as several of you suggested, there is still the library.

Ice cream flavor:  Black Licorice
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2004, 06:29:17 PM »

Danise, thanks for the good wishes.  I send them on to Ann for whom I believe they were meant.   It must have worked though because I’m having a very nice day.

Your day sounds very interesting and fun, especially getting out of the office & doing something different.

Remember you weighed more with clothes on.  My pajamas alone weigh 1 pound.  Day clothes can weigh much more.  I don’t know when you normally weigh yourself, but I do it before I eat & drink.  That could also make a difference.

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2004, 06:29:54 PM »

DR TCB:  More good vibes to you ~~~~~

Will you have any internet access at all? (just so we know).

I wish there was something I could do.

If you need to vent, please feel free to email me.

Lulu

• "Big hair makes the rest of me look smaller!"
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

TCB, good vibes a-comin'. :)

128 pounds = obese?  (I've never before heard or read the term "slightly obese," an inherently contradictory phrase.)

Here are the facts:

Obese = a BMI (body mass index) of 29.9 or greater.  A woman would have to be 4'6" in order for 128 pounds to add up to obesity.

For a 5 foot tall woman, 128 pounds would be at the top end of the "healthy" range, with a BMI of 25.   This is assuming a medium frame; someone with a small frame should probably weigh a little bit less, and someone with a large frame could reasonably weigh a little bit more.

BMI 19.9 or less is "underweight"
BMI 20-25 is "normal" or "healthy" range
BMI 25.1-26.9 is "marginally overweight"
BMI  27-29.9 is "overweight"
BMI 30+ is "obese"

Sorry if I seem a tad obsessive, but there are so many young women out there with self-image issues (not to mention eating disorders), and that's all we need is some insurance doctor out there telling women that 128 pounds is obese (whether or not it's modified with the word "slightly")!

NOW: Becca in "Rabbit Hole."

Jane

« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2004, 07:02:44 PM »

Lulu, is this for men or women?  Women have a much higher BMI then men.
According to your scale, “BMI 25.1-26.9 is marginally overweight”, I am marginally overweight.  Now I have gained a few pounds recently, putting me at a whopping113 pounds on my 5’3¼” frame with a BMI that ranges between 27 & 29.

Now this woman who is a tad obsessive, really feels fat ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2004, 07:59:02 PM »

Do we not think this just a wee bit Unseemly?  No postings in an hour?  Wherever will I get my mental delectation from?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2004, 07:59:34 PM »

Good evening!

Went to see William Finn's Elegies at Singature Tehatre tonight...  I'm still a bit "numb", but it's a good numb.  So much more emotional than I ever expected - and I knew what to expect.  And the emotional wallop also seemed to catch most of the other audience members off guard too.  There were many comments of "That's not what I expected," whispered on the way out of the theatre.  And there were also many hugs exchanged too.  And I got to exchange a few too with some of the cast/friends and the musical director.

A beautiful evening.

So... nothing really more to say... Or I'd start crying again...  :-[

DR TCB - Many good vibes sent your way.  Who knows, maybe you'll have to start burning the pages of your novel/play/opera... and then you'll get a knock at your door asking for a match to light a candle... And in the light of that candle, you realize that it's  ________.

:-*

And, ladies, the last time I weighed 128 pounds.... Hmmm...... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2004, 08:11:56 PM »

Well, a major shock on AMERICAN IDOL tonight and a couple of other surprises. No spoilers, just still in a state of semi-shock.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Michael

« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2004, 08:17:32 PM »

Finally able to connect with the internet.

MR. TCB good vibes and I hope you can hurry back to us.

Happy Birthday Anne

Questions:

Bullshit!: Have the film alternate versions of the show so they can eventually be shown on commercial television?

After some of the people who were made fools of themselves ever refuse to sign waivers?

And why do you think the fools who were fooled agreed to let themselves on the show?

Did any of the hidden camera things ever fall flat so they were never aired?

Kritzer novels: Have you heard from any of the actors and actresses who were mentioned in the novels?

The Benjamin Kritzer Songbook: Were they written for the novels or written by the very young Bruce Kimmel. If not what was the first song you ever composed and do you still have it?

The wonderful cinemas and buildings that you frequented are they still in existance or have they been demolished and replaced with new ones?

Have you ever thought about a Kritzerland tour?

Was the ending of Kritzer Time planned since the first novel?

One of the things I enjoyed about Kritzer Time was that I can relate to what happened to him in the 60's. Was the 60's the best decade of Benjamin Kritzer's life and of his creator?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 08:19:47 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2004, 08:35:14 PM »

I would appreciate any and all of the good vibes you can possibly spare while I wrestle with these choices.  My biggest concern is that my two babies are safe and that they have a comfortable home.  After that, I will worry about me.

DR TCB, I'm sorry to hear about this slump.  Please find ways to keep in touch and let us know how things are going. Hurry back soon!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD FINANCIAL VIBES FOR TCB!!![/move]

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2004, 08:50:13 PM »

TCB-

You must,I say MUST find ways to continue our daily adventure.

It won't be the same place without you.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 08:51:34 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2004, 08:50:58 PM »

Well, we no longer have to worry about my desecration of The Country's In the Very Best of Hands; the number has been cut from the revue.  The director was worried that there was too little time to rehearse it, and so I gave up on it with no argument.  I'd spent the entire day cutting the number, and pasting tiny bits of lyrics over old lyrics (for this and another number).

I've done jury duty three times, and, the last time, learned everything there is to know about open heart surgery.  Yes, I could actually perform it, if pressed.  In order to decide the merits of a malpractice case (in which the patient died during the procedure), we heard all sorts of testimony of the right and wrong way to cut open a sternum.

Once I had a drug gang attempted murder, and the judge was none other than the very famous Leslie Crocker Snyder, who reminded me of Murphy Brown.  We got sequestered one night in the Vista hotel, part of the World Trade Center.

The first time, it was all about a homeless guy who set another homeless guy on fire.  In that I learned a lot about the lives of the homeless.  I left thinking they shouldn't have such easy access to matches.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2004, 08:57:55 PM »

BK...my Kritzer Time question?  Are you going to have Kritzer Time promotional bookmarks like you did with Krtizerland?  Did you have them for Benjamin Kritzer?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up