Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BANANAS  (Read 12644 times)

DAW

Re: BANANAS
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »

DR Sam - hang in there!!!!         :)

DAW

« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:24 PM »

Tomorrow, Zach the dog and Truffle the guinea pig go to their grandmother's house in preparation for our departure to Minneapolis on Saturday for a brief family reunion.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »

I'm so exhausted.  I never stopped once today, and had not one second to jog.  Cason came over, and we got everything shipped, so that's all done.  Then we went out for a bite to eat and I personally ate a lot of bites.  Then I had to write and send out an eBlast for LACCTAA, and then I had to package up a few more CDs.  I finally sat on my couch like so much fish around six-thirty and fell asleep for thirty minutes.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2009, 07:38:35 PM »

I want these at my house...    :D

I love this!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »

There are kittens running all over this room. That is all.

And is there a video camera rolling?

The light bulb in this room is burned out. That just happened today. It needs a special bulb.

I have bulbs in my backyard that arrived via the flood. And condoms hanging from the trees. Blecchhhh....
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »

Also, people with a medical marijuana license do not leave notes.  Only bullies do.

End of rant.

I must not have anything else to say on the subject. Must not. Must not.

This sounds like a story from THIS AMERICAN LIFE--the episode called "The Kindness of Strangers".

Edisaurus

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2009, 07:51:12 PM »

I went out for dinner with my Little French Boy for some southern cooking before he flies back to France tomorrow. The Colonnade has been an Atlanta staple since 1927 and is nestled in the "adult entertainment district". It's always full of blue hairs and bears. Sometimes blue-haired bears. And every night there is a woman with blonde hair who makes Don King's hair look understated. One day I will get a picture of her on my camera phone!

I hope the ballast won't affect his flight!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2009, 08:00:03 PM »

Another Fall TV Season casualty:

NBC Cancels Well-Regarded ‘Southland’

NOOOOOOOOOO! Gosh darn it. I really, really love that show. I hope it finds another home, or at least airs the 6 unaired episodes.

I think it's just more proof (as if we needed any more) that NBC is in really DIRE straits right now. What was once a network of real quality has sunk to an unbelievable low.

I, too, hope the producers can find a home for the series as it's too good to simply "go away."
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »

Tomorrow, Zach the dog and Truffle the guinea pig go to their grandmother's house in preparation for our departure to Minneapolis on Saturday for a brief family reunion.

I thought of you as we ate breakfast at the Perkins in Fairmont this morning~

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

I'm going to head downstairs now and go to bed.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »

DR Jose, glad your parents are ok.  My parents had a minor accident on a trip to Florida and didn't tell any of us until they got home and we could see the damage to the van.  Sounds like it's just a parents thing, but it's pretty frustrating

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »

Me and Spammy

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2009, 08:24:39 PM »

Hi, Spammy!! Hi, DR Cillaliz!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2009, 08:25:08 PM »

DR Cillaliz - And did you eat any Spam while you were there? Or buy some souvenir tins?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »

DR Jose, glad your parents are ok.  My parents had a minor accident on a trip to Florida and didn't tell any of us until they got home and we could see the damage to the van.  Sounds like it's just a parents thing, but it's pretty frustrating

Thanks, DR Cillaliz - What's really weird about this, is that my youngest brother, Jay, who calls home every Sunday night like clockwork didn't even know what had happened.  -And he had just spoken to them this past Sunday night!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »

Yeah, I don't get why parent keep these things secret. Strange

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2009, 08:30:11 PM »

It turns out there are 12 seats being held for porduction staff during previews so I'm always guaranteed a seat. I saw Kevin Spirtas during intermission and had a nice chat with him. Tonight, the paying audience laughed loud and long, applauded and cheered, and stood for the cast, just as last night's audience carried on. There were two bits of magic absent tonight and i wonder if they were cut in this afternoon's rehearsal.

After the show, the cast went to Angus' and I came home. IOt was fun to come out the Stage door to find people waiting for the cast to sign posters and programs. My friend Victor, who's an enormous fan of Cheyenne's was there wearing his "cheyennetology" t-shirt. He asked me to sign his program.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »

We got Spam with cheese for my nephew, but didn't get any tins for ourselves.  They don't offer samples. I was amazed at the number of varietes of Spam they had. a couple aren't sold in the US.  We were given lots of recipes.  I got the Spam cap and got some Spam gifts for my nephews family.  I was a bit surprised that there were no references to Spamalot anywhere.  I asked in the gift shop and the worker was pretty dismissive about it, saying that it wasn't on broadway anymore

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2009, 08:35:11 PM »

We got Spam with cheese for my nephew, but didn't get any tins for ourselves.  They don't offer samples. I was amazed at the number of varietes of Spam they had. a couple aren't sold in the US.  We were given lots of recipes.  I got the Spam cap and got some Spam gifts for my nephews family.  I was a bit surprised that there were no references to Spamalot anywhere.  I asked in the gift shop and the worker was pretty dismissive about it, saying that it wasn't on broadway anymore

Ooohh... Spam with Cheese!!!!  ::)

-And, yes, apparently, something went awry along the way with the whole Spam tie-in with Spamalot.  Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2009, 08:36:14 PM »

It turns out there are 12 seats being held for porduction staff during previews so I'm always guaranteed a seat. I saw Kevin Spirtas during intermission and had a nice chat with him. Tonight, the paying audience laughed loud and long, applauded and cheered, and stood for the cast, just as last night's audience carried on. There were two bits of magic absent tonight and i wonder if they were cut in this afternoon's rehearsal.

Hmm... 12 seats? Can members of the production staff bring friends who'd like to see it again? ;)

And, yes... There's nothing like walking out that stage door... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »

Here's the Spam Museum website  http://www.spam.com/games/Museum/default.aspx  it does mention Spamalot.  That makes me feel a bit better.

There were some really cool exhibits including a film about the Hormel Girls, an all women band and chorus that toured from 1949-1952 (or so)  they had some Burns and Allen radio ads, a hologram soldier talking about Spam etc.  We giggled a lot, but it was actually quite interesting

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2009, 08:36:56 PM »

Well, I guess I'm so used to all those very communicative families I see on TV.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »

Spam with cheese, I'll have to look at the can tomorrow, but it has to have about 50 bagillion fat grams, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2009, 08:38:53 PM »

Well, I guess I'm so used to all those very communicative families I see on TV.  ;)

Oh I think parents are communicative but about others, just not themselves...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »

Spam with cheese, I'll have to look at the can tomorrow, but it has to have about 50 bagillion fat grams, lol

It can't be that bad. The cheese displaces the spam, so... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2009, 08:43:15 PM »

Your family, DR singdaw? Or your DH Jayson's family?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2009, 08:44:02 PM »

It can't be that bad. The cheese displaces the spam, so... ;)

I'm kind of sorry I didn't get some of the fun flavors. Of course SPAM stands for Spiced Ham, and they had all sorts of spiced versions

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »

bk - It's probably not the news you want to hear, but Apple just released the latest iPhone firmware update today, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

François

« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2009, 08:58:22 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

Time to sleep...mom and dad get up VERY early and I have the car keys...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up