Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE COMPUTER THAT COULD  (Read 32339 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE LITTLE COMPUTER THAT COULD
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2004, 10:56:47 PM »

Do we get at least a mini review tonight Jay? Some of us have to enjoy our theatrical experiences vicariously.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2004, 10:57:52 PM »

Fully Committed was great fun and Mr. Jason Graae was simply marvelous in it.  

Mr. Graae's mom was in from Tulsa ("a slut," spelled backwards) to see the play, and I had the chance to chat with her for a bit afterwards.  With only a little prompting from Mr. Graae, I told her how much I enjoyed "her" CD and she got a kick out of that.  (For those who do not have it, you simply must run out and buy Mr. Graae's An Evening of Self Indulgence: Live at the Cinegrill--produced by our own BK--on which Mr. Graae's mom makes a cameo singing appearance.)

Miss Marcia Seligson, who runs Reprise!, was seated immediately in front of me this evening.  Mr. George Ball was in the audience, too, though I did not see his lovely wife, Miss Amanda McBroom.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 11:09:14 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2004, 11:01:30 PM »

Do we get at least a mini review tonight Jay? Some of us have to enjoy our theatrical experiences vicariously.

Maybe that's too mini?

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2004, 11:01:56 PM »

Thanks Jay. I have no idea how you remember everyone and to whom they are married. Most recording stars, film stars and stage stars could be sitting next to me (except Mr Spacey) and I would have no idea who they were!  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2004, 11:04:26 PM »

I'm showing my age. My first thought was running Reprise Records! I remember when the label was launched.  It's Ok I am now back in the present.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2004, 11:05:09 PM »

Back from a most luscious dinner about which more in tomorrow's notes.  We aren't really going to achieve a new low, are we?  I can't believe that we could allow this to happen.  I suppose I could make fourteen posts in a row but I don't think that's a way to do things, so if we do, we do, and that's that.

Jay

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2004, 11:08:33 PM »

I'm showing my age. My first thought was running Reprise Records! I remember when the label was launched.  It's Ok I am now back in the present.

Sorry.  The full name, which contains an entirely unnecessary exclamation point and is too long by half, is Reprise! Broadway's Best.  The outfit that did Babes in Arms and Kismet earlier this season and will be doing Company in May.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2004, 11:08:52 PM »

Hm...the spacing on my post is all crazy.  That's strange.
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2004, 11:08:56 PM »

There's nearly an hour BK! Who knows? The West coasters may just be coming home from Saturday night festivities. Maybe DRs Ann & Jed will be reporting on their thoroughly modern evening.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2004, 11:12:26 PM »

Maybe we'll just squeak by again, like last Saturday.  Jenny, speak to me of things.

Jay

« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2004, 11:13:27 PM »

Silly me.  I've already changed my clocks, so I was looking for tomorrow's notes.  But tomorrow (oh, an Annie reference), which will be a 23-hour day, doesn't really come for another forty-five minutes.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2004, 11:13:49 PM »

As much as I enjoy "Company" I wish it could have a rest for a few years. I don't know about in the US of A but it seems to be done so often here. I am hoping that the next year will see "Saturday Night" get a performance here - it will probably happen when I am out of the country  experiencing the wonders of "The Woman In White". I just hope the new ALW has more to offer than "The Beautiful Game".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2004, 11:15:42 PM »

Our clocks were changed last week - the end of daylight savings. Do I have to make yet another adjustment in comparitive times!  I've have enough trouble knowing that you are still in yesterday.
James Thurber 1957

Jay

« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2004, 11:16:06 PM »

There's nearly an hour BK! Who knows? The West coasters may just be coming home from Saturday night festivities. Maybe DRs Ann & Jed will be reporting on their thoroughly modern evening.

Unless they're canoodling.  But even if they are canoodling, they'll both deny, deny, deny (that is three denys) that they were.

Jay

« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2004, 11:17:45 PM »

Our clocks were changed last week - the end of daylight savings. Do I have to make yet another adjustment in comparitive times!  I've have enough trouble knowing that you are still in yesterday.

Yep.  You and Dear Reader Laura get to watch the rest of "spring forward" tonight.

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2004, 11:18:33 PM »

I wonder where RLP is this evening. Jose often drops in at this time. I am hopeful that this will not be my third post in a row! Rally round the flag boys.
James Thurber 1957

Jay

« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2004, 11:19:06 PM »

A new low?  Fugheddaboudit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2004, 11:19:14 PM »

Clocks, clocks, what care we for clocks?  

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2004, 11:19:46 PM »

Thanks Jay. Talking to myself can be so addictive.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2004, 11:21:37 PM »

Time for the ritual feeding of Magnus and Fosca. I know my priorities. Good night Sundried Readers.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2004, 11:22:44 PM »

Great review, Jenny.  And don't worry about spoilers.  We don't give a whit about spoilers around here.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2004, 11:25:05 PM »

By coincidence, der Brucer was playing the LP for STAR today.  I found the album cover amazingly precient, with Julie's eye covered with a star, fortelling the make-up used by the rock band KISS!  (Only they did it in black and white, she did it in orange and pink!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2004, 11:56:31 PM »

Digesting luscious dinner of which more will be heard tomorrow, I gather. So here's a joke, compliments of DD Rachel.

Guy pulls into a gas station with six penguins sitting in his car. Attendant says, "Sorry if I'm being nosy, but what's with the penguins?"
The guy replies, "When I went to get my car this morning, there they were. I don't know what to do with them."
Attendant says, "Easy. Take them to the zoo."
Guy thanks him for the great idea and drives off.

A few days later he pulls into the same gas station. Penguins are still in the car.
Attendant says, "I thought you took them to the zoo!"
"I did," answers the guy. "They loved it! Today I'm taking them to the circus." ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 11:57:38 PM by Panni »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up