Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BLEARY WEARY EYES  (Read 21574 times)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
Re: BLEARY WEARY EYES
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »

Night. ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »

Just put two hundred labels on two hundred boxes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »

I made the big mistake of going out to get a sandwich.  First of all, this is the hardest rainfall we've had in five years.  Second of all, drivers are INSANE in the rain.  Third of all, the streets are a mess, completely flooded.  As I've said many times, there isn't a day that goes by when streets aren't closed and everyone is inconvenienced, but the one thing these oafs who do the work have NEVER done is fix the drainage system in the Valley.  It's outrageous.  Fourth of all, I went to Jerry's Deli.  At NOON.  NOON.  The parking lot was completely full.  I had to wait ten minutes to get seated.  At NOON.  Why?  Well, it's Martin Luther King day and apparently that means that the entire population of Studio City has to go to Jerry's Deli at NOON.  In the pouring rain.  And the bowling alley that's attached to Jerry's was jammed, as well.  Jerry's is not exactly McDonald's, price-wise, so the fact that these families of six people are sitting there stuffing their faces and their checks will be close to $100 - well, it's madness.  The signals are out everywhere in the Valley.  At some point I need to go pick up the big box of boxes that's waiting for me, so I'm hoping the rain abates at some point.  And Cason is coming tomorrow instead of today, and tomorrow's session with the long musical is now pushed to whenever I have time to do it.

Isn't NOON the traditional time for lunch?  Just sayin'...

Um, maybe where you live, but not in LA.  The normal weekday lunch time is one, as a matter of fact.  Some do 12:30, but one is ALWAYS safe at noon.  Except today.  I can walk into Jerry's or Hugo's or anywhere else any day of the week at noon and get seated instantly.

Well, I'm sorry that the people of L.A. chose today to inconvenience you.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2010, 10:48:43 PM »

Oh gosh, Incredible Edibles were great!! My friends and I would plug it in in the bathroom, right next to the sink. It is a wonder we weren't electrocuted. I am certain that my parents had no clue what were were doing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »

~~~~~PRE-OP SURGERY VIBES TO DR DER BRUCER~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »

OK... It's later than I though it was, and I actually have to be functional in about seven hours, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »

I made the big mistake of going out to get a sandwich.  First of all, this is the hardest rainfall we've had in five years.  Second of all, drivers are INSANE in the rain.  Third of all, the streets are a mess, completely flooded.  As I've said many times, there isn't a day that goes by when streets aren't closed and everyone is inconvenienced, but the one thing these oafs who do the work have NEVER done is fix the drainage system in the Valley.  It's outrageous.  Fourth of all, I went to Jerry's Deli.  At NOON.  NOON.  The parking lot was completely full.  I had to wait ten minutes to get seated.  At NOON.  Why?  Well, it's Martin Luther King day and apparently that means that the entire population of Studio City has to go to Jerry's Deli at NOON.  In the pouring rain.  And the bowling alley that's attached to Jerry's was jammed, as well.  Jerry's is not exactly McDonald's, price-wise, so the fact that these families of six people are sitting there stuffing their faces and their checks will be close to $100 - well, it's madness.  The signals are out everywhere in the Valley.  At some point I need to go pick up the big box of boxes that's waiting for me, so I'm hoping the rain abates at some point.  And Cason is coming tomorrow instead of today, and tomorrow's session with the long musical is now pushed to whenever I have time to do it.

Isn't NOON the traditional time for lunch?  Just sayin'...

Um, maybe where you live, but not in LA.  The normal weekday lunch time is one, as a matter of fact.  Some do 12:30, but one is ALWAYS safe at noon.  Except today.  I can walk into Jerry's or Hugo's or anywhere else any day of the week at noon and get seated instantly.

Well, I'm sorry that the people of L.A. chose today to inconvenience you.

;)

Me, too.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up