Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE  (Read 52916 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »

Mad Mad Mad Mad World arrived in my mailbox today.  Most excellent.

Me too!!  Me too!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2010, 07:39:38 PM »

Also, I knew Taylor Lautner was in the new one, but I had no idea he was in the first installment. That also surprised me.

I certainly can see why preteens and teens were so enraptured with it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

Then I rewatched Ashley Wagner's long program at the national championships. I completely agreed that she should have been an alternate, not one of our two representatives.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »

Up next was CHUCK which had a very entertaining caper for Chuck. Nice to see Steve Austin (the wrestler, not the Six Million Dollar Man) on the show (looking very fit).

I'm liking Brandon Routh as the guy in charge of the team now.

Jennifer

« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »

I think one of my biggest problems with TWILIGHT was that i had preconceived ideas of what the characters would look like. And I was quite disappointed in most of the casting. Almost nobody was how i thought they should be.

I thought the books were MUCH better. Although I am still curious to see if movie 2 is better than #1.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »

And now, it's time for me to go home.  I need to watch "The Hangover," that I got from the library.  It's due tomorrow and we now have fines for returning items late...15¢ per day. :P

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »

And I ended my evening with '24' which was not as thrilling an episode as the last couple have been. It had its moments, and it was necessary to set up Renee undercover, but I'm sure the show will bounce back next week with another chiller.

Jennifer

« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2010, 07:45:13 PM »

Up next was CHUCK which had a very entertaining caper for Chuck. Nice to see Steve Austin (the wrestler, not the Six Million Dollar Man) on the show (looking very fit).

What did you think of Kristin Kreuk?

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2010, 07:45:15 PM »

I think one of my biggest problems with TWILIGHT was that i had preconceived ideas of what the characters would look like. And I was quite disappointed in most of the casting. Almost nobody was how i thought they should be.

I thought the books were MUCH better. Although I am still curious to see if movie 2 is better than #1.

Not having read the books, of course, I had no such preconceived notions and thus I found the casting OK for the roles they were playing.

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2010, 07:45:58 PM »

I couldn't stand her as Lana Lang on SMALLVILLE. She was much more agreeable on CHUCK. I liked her just fine.

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »

And now, it's time for me to go home.  I need to watch "The Hangover," that I got from the library.  It's due tomorrow and we now have fines for returning items late...15¢ per day. :P

Until later!

Enjoy! It's very funny, I thought, and filled with fun surprises.

Jennifer

« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »

I couldn't stand her as Lana Lang on SMALLVILLE. She was much more agreeable on CHUCK. I liked her just fine.

She certainly seemed quite different and more grown-up!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »

I finished watching a motion picture on Blu and Ray.  It's so early, I might start another.  Then again, I might take a hot shower and see if I like what I wrote today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »

Then again...

Jennifer

« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »

Not having read the books, of course, I had no such preconceived notions and thus I found the casting OK for the roles they were playing.

The thing I found the most startling is that in the books Edward's family is supposed to be stunningly beautiful (all of them).

To me they were all fine looking. But I would not look at any of them and think of them as stunning.

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »

She certainly seemed quite different and more grown-up!

That's exactly right. She did seem to be much more mature and even sparkling at moments. I never found her so on SMALLVILLE.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »

I'm going to finish up some desktop items and then head back downstairs to bed.

Good night!

Jennifer

« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »

Also, I knew Taylor Lautner was in the new one, but I had no idea he was in the first installment. That also surprised me.

He has a much bigger part in the second movie. I don't think he was that popular when they made the first movie. I think they were thinking about not asking him back for #2. I'll bet they are glad they kept him now (since he seems to be hugely popular).

I certainly can see why preteens and teens were so enraptured with it.

It's funny, i love the books but i can't totally get why preteens and teens are so crazed about the movies. To me TWILIGHT the movie was just okay. It had so much more potential.  I guess they have to leave out a lot from the books.  And I guess my expectations were quite high.

The thing I find sort of interesting re: teens is that there are lots who read the books and who loved the books. But they seem to also love the movies.  I guess maybe they don't think as much about casting and other things that adults might consider.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm currently watching "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations - Brittany"... WOW! So beautiful!  -And the "human element" to this episode is quite inspiring.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2010, 09:06:04 PM »

DR Ginny - Do/Did you have to sleep semi-immobolized too?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »

I am tempted to take this thing back.

What happened to your Mac?

Was this another Goodwill find?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »

I moved on Saturday with the help of DF&H. He managed to fit everything into the two cars. (He has a station wagon.) Today the cable guy came and got me online. The rest of the time I've spent unpacking and doing more shopping. DF&H loaned me a very fancy air mattress, which I've been using as a bed until I can find a real one. I have NO other furniture at the moment. Everything is in storage in Virginia. As I was unpacking this morning I did find some dishes and silverware, which is a help, to be sure. Right now I'm sitting on the floor, using a box of files as a sort of desk. I will be glad to have some furniture soon.

Welcome to your new Home, DR Jeanne!  -When do you plan to have the stuff you have in storage in Virginia transported to L.A.?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2010, 09:17:19 PM »

No DR JOSE not a Goodwill Find.  I paid almost $500 for it, and it is now packed up and headed back to WalMart in the next few days.....I  have 15 days to return it.

I hate WINDOWS 7 - it is the worst Operating System I have ever tried to use.....AND of course it would not recognize three of my accessories....and there were no driver updates for Windows 7 for any of them.

So I have hooked my XP system back up and will suffer until it finally bites the dust.....sooner or later.

Why suffer when I don't have to.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »

My mother uses the MAC....when she uses it....but my sister uses it a lot to show them photos and play videos when she comes over every week.....and it's a good back up for me just in case.

But HP Pavillion is not for me.  Nor is Windows 7.....I'm an XP.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2010, 09:26:27 PM »

My mother uses the MAC....when she uses it....but my sister uses it a lot to show them photos and play videos when she comes over every week.....and it's a good back up for me just in case.

But HP Pavillion is not for me.  Nor is Windows 7.....I'm an XP.

Surprised to hear this--the HP Pavillion I got several years ago online (from HP) with Vista has been the best all around computer I've ever had.  Still going strong.  Which of course means it crashes and burns tonight.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2010, 09:26:50 PM »

~~~Computer Vibes for DR JRand!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2010, 09:27:31 PM »

Making it through THE MUSIC MAN.  So fun to watch this on Blu-ray, though I always have issues with repurposed HD 5.1 mixes--the source elements just don't support the effort a lot of the time.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »

Back to the maybe new house tomorrow.  We must turn off the main water valve to see if that stops the water meter from running.  Pray for Rosemary's mansion.  :)

In the intriguing news department, the inspector informed me that there is a "secret" finished storage room over the garage.  I hadn't noticed there are those pull down steps out in the garage.  So I want to check that out tomorrow, too.  I can keep Betsy chained there when the new governess arrives.  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2010, 09:38:19 PM »

Making it through THE MUSIC MAN.  So fun to watch this on Blu-ray, though I always have issues with repurposed HD 5.1 mixes--the source elements just don't support the effort a lot of the time.

Even though I don't own a BD player, I've always wondered about those audio features which "enhance" the original audio "layout".  Is it just a matter of making sure that all the fill speakers are used during playback?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »

What is this wacky thing - I went to access my iDisk.  All I ever do is click on "my idisk" and it comes right up.  Tonight I get some weird pop-up menu asking for name and password, which is already filled in.  I click go and it tells me I've entered an incorrect name and password.  I don't get it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up