Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSIC BY DAVID SHIRE  (Read 45376 times)

Michael

Re: MUSIC BY DAVID SHIRE
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »

So, Michael, was there cake?

But of course!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »

Details, please. And was there ice cream?

FJL

« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »

Happy almost-over birthday to Michael S.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »

Feel better vibes to DR Jennifer~~~~~~

FJL

« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2010, 09:25:25 PM »

Please only listen to this one if you're tolerant of people making fun of Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown and his Cosmopolitan centerfold past:  :)

(it's a PROMISES PROMISES audio-only parody of I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvr2yDIfGoY

Thanks if you have time to listen.

For reasons too silly to explain, there's no video - so you may want to click on the MORE INFO section so you can follow along with the parody lyric on the audio.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:57:52 PM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2010, 11:05:22 PM »

I'm totally exhausted.  Muse Margaret called and she loved most of the new stuff - she laughed, she was touched.  But there were about six things that didn't sit well with her, so we went over them and I just removed all six of them, which cut about four pages and really did tighten things up.  One thing she thought was just unnecessary as it didn't really mean anything.  Two other things she thought just went on a bit too long, so one I cut in its entirety and the other I shortened by an entire page.  She's just unerring in what to fix.  She did ask me to take out a paragraph about her, but I refused - she's very shy, but she's been such an important part of my life that to remove that would be folly.  Besides, her husband played a part in two upcoming things I'm going to talk about so you have to know the history a little.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »

Then I wanted to make up the four pages, so I ended up writing about six new pages, fixing some chronology that was driving me insane (I think I've at least got it close to being right) and am moving right along.  We'll soon be halfway through 1983.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2010, 11:11:03 PM »

Hi.

Posts read.

I have nothing of interest to say.

Packing to put stuff in storage at the end of February.

Night all.

HAPPY HAPPY VIBES, VIBES, VIBES.  ;D

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2010, 11:25:02 PM »

I can announce today that it's official: the final missing song from BABES IN TOYLAND has been discovered, and thanks to my friend Loras Schissel, I was the discoverer. Long thought to be an interpolation written by Mabel Barrison who played Jane, "Evaline McCook" was indeed written by Victor Herbert and Glen MacDonough under the title "She Was A Country Girl." After the June 17, 1903, Chicago opening night, the song was cut for the lousy reviews it got for its performers. It never ended up in the final BABES materials, and the manuscript vocal score, which was in the unidentified section of the Herbert Collection of the Library of Congress, was discovered in the files for Herbert's next show BABETTE. Edward Waters, who catalogued the collection, simply notated it as "found with Babette material." I am very happy.

Congratulations, Larry!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2010, 11:40:28 PM »

The last time that I watched The Grammys, CULTURE CLUB was up for an award.

George

« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »

Well... The cast recording of the revival of West Side Story just won The Grammy for Best Musical Show Album...

What??  The Grammy Awards were on??  I totally missed it! :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »

Jon Hamm. I really must start watching MAD MEN.

Michael, if you haven't already checked (I haven't caught up with all the posts), the first two seasons are available on Netflix. ;)

George

« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2010, 11:50:58 PM »

DR elmore - Are you going to the Finian's Rainbow CD signing tomorrow at Barnes & Noble?

:o I'll pay for someone to go and get me an autographed CD!! :-* :-* :-*

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »

Well... The cast recording of the revival of West Side Story just won The Grammy for Best Musical Show Album...

What??  The Grammy Awards were on??  I totally missed it! :-\

Well, the Best Musical Show Album Grammy was presented before the broadcast.  However, the cast of of the Broadway-bound American Idiot did perform with Green Day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »

DR elmore - Are you going to the Finian's Rainbow CD signing tomorrow at Barnes & Noble?

;D

OH! If I could, I would, DR George.  I actually snagged a ticket to the final dress of Ariadne auf Naxos tomorrow at The Met, and with the errands I have to run after that - it won't get out until around 3:00, there's no way I'll be able to make it back up to B&N in time for the signing.  However, if the my subway train karma is working tomorrow, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »

And since I have to be at The Met in a couple of hours....

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2010, 11:59:45 PM »

;D

OH! If I could, I would, DR George.  I actually snagged a ticket to the final dress of Ariadne auf Naxos tomorrow at The Met, and with the errands I have to run after that - it won't get out until around 3:00, there's no way I'll be able to make it back up to B&N in time for the signing.  However, if the my subway train karma is working tomorrow, well...

$$$
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up