Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MELON BALLS  (Read 16477 times)

Cillaliz

Re: MELON BALLS
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »

LOL at your quote DR Laura

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »

Ahna looked okay.

Laura

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »

If I had my camera, I'd have taken a photo of the tv screen, Cillaliz. It was hilarious.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2010, 05:36:48 PM »

You mean it was in the graphics and not just an off hand comment?

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »

I think the threats against Johnny Weir (the US Figure Skater) because he wore fur are ridiculous.  Can someone explain how death threats against humans helps the cause of not killing animals? 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »

I'm back from a rehearsal of cello-piano pieces by Victor Herbert and Jacques Offenbach with Jerry Grossman, principal cellist of the Metropolitan Opera. We ran through all of the Herbert pieces I've found aso far and about half the Offenbach before Jerry had to run back to the Met for tonight's performance of CARMEN.

The rehearsal was wonderful, and I suspect most of what we heard had not been played for nearly 100 years. I am quite excited about this project and hope it progresses well. Now I have to get some din and pack.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »

Oy, what a day of opera viewing and reviewing it's been.  I have made it through DAS RHEINGOLD, ORPHEE ET EURYDICE and GENOVEVA.  I think Larry's head would explode seeing at least two of these productions.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »

TCB the Lindbergh stuff was great!

Isn't that something?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2010, 05:57:20 PM »

It was at the bottom of the screen -- like a subtitle.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »

I think the threats against Johnny Weir (the US Figure Skater) because he wore fur are ridiculous.  Can someone explain how death threats against humans helps the cause of not killing animals? 

Apparently it does.;)  I did however laugh when Weir said he was afraid PETA would throw blood on him. 

To set the record straight, I have a great dislike for PETA & their attitude & methods.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

I've been forgetting to read your quotes.  Thanks Cilla for pointing this one out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »

George Chakiris is finally starting to look his age.  Rita Moreno doesn't really look too much like she used to but Russ Tamblyn looked good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2010, 06:14:03 PM »

LOL!! That's really sad

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2010, 06:15:34 PM »

Apparently it does.;)  I did however laugh when Weir said he was afraid PETA would throw blood on him. 

To set the record straight, I have a great dislike for PETA & their attitude & methods.

And I understand being against people wearing fur, but their methods are what I can't stand

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »

Perhaps I am the only one who thinks that the threats against Johnny Weir seem a bit convenient.  Mr. Weir loves the spotlight, and perhaps his showing in Spokane made him scramble to put himself back on the front page.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2010, 06:26:23 PM »

And I understand being against people wearing fur, but their methods are what I can't stand

I know and agree.  I can't stand PETA. 

I just read Weir is afraid to go out of the Olympic compound due to threats.  I don't think they throw blood at you unless you have the fur on.  I thought his comment was why he removed the fur from his costume.  Since he did remove it, he should be ok now.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2010, 06:27:24 PM »

Perhaps I am the only one who thinks that the threats against Johnny Weir seem a bit convenient.  Mr. Weir loves the spotlight, and perhaps his showing in Spokane made him scramble to put himself back on the front page.

I did consider he is using it for attention. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2010, 06:30:39 PM »

Johnny went out of his way to let the press know that the ugly dab of fur on his shoulder was "real fur."  Otherwise, I doubt anyone, including PETA would have noticed it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »

I had a very active day.  I dusted, even using my right arm at times.  I used the dust cloth to slide my arm out as far as possible on the furniture.  I did well with my exercises.  I tied my shoe laces even if I had to have Keith re-tie them.  I didn't need as much help from Keith to change the sheets & I put the pillows in the cases on my own.

On the hike he said my pace was very good & he noticed I had more stamina, also at times my arm swung like a normal person's. 

We then came home & Keith gave Sherlock a shower, with assistance from me.  I couldn't use the towel to wipe him though.  I was able to clean up after.  I'm drying the last of the towels now. 

My evening exercises went better than the morning exercises. :)  The therapist has been giving me more & more to do.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:10:55 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »

Johnny went out of his way to let the press know that the ugly dab of fur on his shoulder was "real fur."  Otherwise, I doubt anyone, including PETA would have noticed it.

Interesting considering complaints regarding the fur on his costumes have been lodged before.  This has nothing to do with the situation, however, overall I don't care for his costumes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »

Interesting considering complaints regarding the fur on his costumes have been lodged before.  This has nothing to do with the situation, however, overall I don't care for his costumes.

i don't really like the costumes either.  I'm sure he could be milking the situation to get the attention, but I still don't like the threats

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »

I had a very active day.  I dusted, even using my right arm at times.  I used the dust cloth to slide my arm out as far as possible on the furniture.  I did well with my exercises.  I tied my shoe laces even if I had to have Keith re-tie them.  I didn't need as much help from Keith to change the sheets & I put the pillows in the cases on my own.

On the hike he said my pace was very good & he noticed I had more stamina, also at times my arm swung like a normal person's. 

We then came home Keith gave Sherlock a shower, with assistance from me.  I couldn't use the towel to wipe him though.  I was able to clean up after.  I'm drying the last of the towels again. 

My evening exercises went better than the morning exercises. :)  The therapist has been giving me more & more to do.

Sounds great!

Laura

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »

Where do they get the blood from?

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »

Great news from DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2010, 06:53:27 PM »

LOL. Good question

Jane

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2010, 06:55:06 PM »

LOL-I have no idea.  I don't think I wanted to know ;)

When PETA was still fairly young I donated to them, to my regret.  As I became aware of some of their outrages practices I called to discuss my feelings about some of them, including the fact they wanted to make all pure bred dog breeding illegal.  I discussed the need to focus on puppy mills & spay & neuter.  I wanted to donate to those specifically.  Basically they told me to shove off & hung up on me.  They then took me off their mailing list.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:00:15 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »

Thanks Cilla & Ginny.  I hope I don't crash tomorrow after my very good day.  I've slept better the last 3 nights, which could mean I'm due for a sleepless night. 

Jane

« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »

i don't really like the costumes either.  I'm sure he could be milking the situation to get the attention, but I still don't like the threats

They are very wrong, just like the antiabortionist who kill.  It doesn't make sense.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »

Sorry, just my opinion.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2010, 07:06:48 PM »

Last night, I watched MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW, perhaps the most heart-breaking movie I've ever seen.

It's also one of the finest films to come out of Hollywood's Golden Era.

The really sad thing about it is that the story is just as relevant today as it was back in 1937 when the picture was made.  Indeed, it's probably even more so.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on Monday.

Have a box of Kleenex handy.

So I've heard. I LOVE this kind of film, so I'm looking forward to it even more.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up