Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CORRECTIONS, FIXES, ADDITIONS, AND SUBTRACTIONS  (Read 21475 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CORRECTIONS, FIXES, ADDITIONS, AND SUBTRACTIONS
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2010, 03:11:46 PM »

I am definitely going to come see the Brain in Washington.  I was thinking of seeing it in Indiana, too, but don't know if that will work out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »

RLP, I always encourage other opinions - why would you think otherwise?  We all don't have to agree.  I don't hate Lost this season, I just think it's going the way of Alias, with a lot of flailing around.   There are VERY important characters from past seasons who haven't even been referred to, even though, according to previous seasons, they were the reasons everything was happening.  Sorry, but the producers can't spend episode after episode with  those characters and then not even refer to them.

I never said or intimated that I thought otherwise.   I said, "I am not loath to disagree as I know you appreciate honest opinions whether they are the same as yours or not."

I do feel that others here may be less than open about their opinions when your own opinions have already been strongly stated.  You may not wish them to hold back, but given your trenchant evisceration of comments others make on other internet sites about moies you are discussing, one might certainly give pause toward stating an opposing point of view.

As to your comment at the end of your post, each episode, thus far, has given us some of the  characters from past seasons going their merry ways....including the dude who blew up when they were retrieving dynamite from the Black Rock.  They can't all be significant to the final solution of the story, but I'm sure seeing them in these episodes. 

I would hope that everyone here is not afraid to state opposing opinions to mine - mine are just that - opinions, and people can agree or not.  It doesn't bother me in the least and, if fact, I enjoy reading opposing opinions. 

I'm not talking about minor characters who haven't even been referred to - how about the guy who owns the island or whatever his deal was - he was a major part of the show (blanking on his name right now) and to not even refer to him but instead introduce new characters we don't even know?

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »

Assisting a stubborn, 81 year old in a major electronics purchase is going to require major praying for Rosemary's Baby.

You have my prayers.
Whenever my mother needs a new electronic device (last week she decided she needed a cell phone, and I agreed with that decision), I immediately ask her how much she wants to spend, then go online to  Best Buy, Wal*Mart, Sam's Club, etc and find things within that price range.
I then print out the best deals and let her look them over.
Then I go back online and find better RATED products and do the print and peruse again.
Then we call the store and see what's in stock.
I go to the store and talk to the salespeople (mostly to find out if they're as educated as they should be).
Then I go and pick up the best product available.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2010, 03:21:19 PM »

How are you feeling, td?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »

For those not tired of the ice and snow.  From the Fairbanks, Alaska Ice Festival, which this year gets under way starting this coming Saturday.

“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »

I watched last night's LOST.  I thought it was the best episode so far this season.  I like the mirror to season one, which is happening so far, in that the first three episodes were Jack, Kate and Locke-centric as was the first season.  Will this mirror continue?  I hope so.  I find it entertaining and clever.

There are VERY important characters from past seasons who haven't even been referred to, even though, according to previous seasons, they were the reasons everything was happening.
Nikki and Paolo?
Which characters BK?  Michael?  (Harold Perrineau is scheduled to appear later this season). 
Walt?  I believe that it has been said that the actor playing Walt has literally outgrown the role, yet we did see Walt last season. 
Charlotte Lewis?  Although dead now, the character will be back in this season.  We've seen Boone, and I don't think we've seen the last of him. 
Shannon?  Maggie Grace is set to return this season as well. 
Tom Friendly?  Was the last time we saw him the episode where he came out?  I hope that M.C. Gainey will be returning.  We've just seen the return of the 'psychic' Hurley's father took him to. 
We've seen Rose.
We've seen Bernard.
We've seen Ethan Rom (anagram for Other Man).
Christian Shepard will certainly be returning, or will he?

I though that last night's episode gave us some interesting answers. . .
SPOILER SPACE:

The Numbers. The Numbers assigned to the "candidates."  Those Numbers are their seat numbers.  Why no Austin, as in Kate?  The candidates seem to be only men, hence one Kwon, for Jin.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »

My favorite!

“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2010, 03:34:13 PM »

How are you feeling, td?

I'll let you know tomorrow.  I am on an antibiotic, because my dentist thinks that an abscessed tooth may be the cause of this week's travails.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

And just one more.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:56:11 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2010, 03:35:59 PM »

How are you feeling, td?

I'll let you know tomorrow.  I am on an antibiotic, because my dentist thinks that an abscessed tooth may be the cause of this week's travails.

HEALTH VIBES TO YOU MY DEAR FRIEND!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2010, 03:43:50 PM »

well, the fallout I expected finally happened today and it has been pretty ugly. it may get worse.

DR elmore, I thought you left as not to have to think/stress about it anymore. :(

I keepgetting dragged back into the fray by the ones who want or claim to need me back. Today's fallout is partially generated from last week's brouhaha and abig communication problem from the source funding the project.

Are you going to return then?

No. But I still care about the work I've done.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:47:03 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »

Those are beautiful, TCB.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

td

• td
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

You do great work, DR TCB!  I don't know how you find the time!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »

well, the fallout I expected finally happened today and it has been pretty ugly. it may get worse.

~~~Vibes of Comfort for DR Elmore and His Friends!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2010, 04:44:39 PM »

ASK BK

The two plays you recorded (Beyond Therapy and Copenhagen)....

Did the actors perform then in the studio as there were done on stage or did they just stand in front of a mic? If it was the latter how did you decide where to place their voices on the recording

Darn!  I completely forgot about these and your post reminded me that they were in the boxes of CDs that were stolen last summer. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »

I mentioned in an earlier post - the guy who was manipulating everything - I can't remember his name in the show - the father of the girl who was the love interest of the Scottish guy in the hatch?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2010, 04:48:45 PM »

Charles Widmore.

td

• td
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2010, 04:57:34 PM »

Charles Widmore, portrayed by Alan Dale, will definitely be featured this season.  As will Eloise, portrayed by Fionnula Flanagan.  Henry Ian Cusick's (Desmond) name is still in the opening credits, where Nestor Carbonell's Richard is now listed, so we'll see bit more of Desmond than we saw in the season's premiere.  Hugo's true love, Libby, is supposed to be returning this season.  Des' true love, Penelope, had better be back, even if she has another series running concurrently! 

George

« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »

BK, are you going to trek to Olympia for THE BRAIN?  I was thinking maybe we could have a little HHW get together cum house warming party chez Kauffman.  Though, George, when is the production?  We have two pretty long driving trips this summer.

April 29 through May 15.

Of course, if you have "a little HHW get together cum house warming party chez Kauffman," that completely removes any chance of ME being there...unless that's your plan. :o

;)

George

« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2010, 05:02:55 PM »

Congrats to Matt H. on the 50,000 Posts!!

George

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2010, 05:03:15 PM »

Well, no photo because the battery in my camera gave out and I left the charger at home. 

Anyway, Richard and I stopped at Dayton's Victoria Theatre to see the 11:30am performance of Junie B. Jones, featuring the very talented E & T DR Jason!  He's touring with TheatreWorks USA in this production and a friend who's a fundraiser for Victoria Theatre Association was gracious enough to meet us in the lobby and see that we were seated amongst several hundred elementary-age kids and their teachers and parents.

Jason does a fantastic job playing several characters including Junie's father, teacher, school bus driver, and lunch lady.  What I knew beforehand, and Richard did not, was that they were missing one of the women in the cast due to illness and the others were covering her parts.  Richard was shocked when I told him that while we were waiting for Jason after the show and we told Jason to tell the others what a great job they did.

Nice!

George

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2010, 05:26:48 PM »

No, NBC is mixing things up over a four-hour block each night.  Prime-time means squat.   Look...here's a short program by a Czech skater...and we will be back after we get the complete qualifying run of the snowboarding competition.  But next, here's a profile on polar bears.  And coming up, can Lindsey Vonn carry the universe on her shoulders and live up to the hype we, the media, have placed on her?

The Olympics "used to be" an event.  Now it's a farce during which athletes become international stars...for a time.

That is sort of what CTV (the main canadian channel) is doing. They show a bit and a bit of that. I don't like it either. So unless they show something in its entirety i switch to one of the sister stations.

What are NBC's sister stations showing?

Btw, CTV had an interview with Lindsey Vonn the other day. She seems very sweet. But i could not believe how many times she said "umm" in her interview.

Did anyone watch last week's (I think it was last week's...maybe just this past Monday's) "How I Met Your Mother" where Ted's architecture students play a drinking game?  Every time that Robin (the TV reporter/interviewer) said "but um," they had to take a drink.  Robin found out about it, was mortified at first because she thought that they watched her show because they were fans.  She got even by saying "but um" sooooooo many times on purpose and the students HAD to drink, even though they realized what she was doing to get back at them. :D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »

George, how would having a party exclude you?  We'd do it on a non-play day.

In LOL land, I got Lola Montes today and started watching it and then did a spit take a few minutes ago when Keith Olbermann's "on this day" lead in to "Oddball" was about Lola!  (This is her birthday, evidently).  After recounting her adventures and, er, accomplishments, he said she had inspired the creation of the United Nations.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »

Pet peeve o' the day department:  There is no such phrase as "but yet."  There is "but."  Or there is "yet."  They are both exclusionary interjections.  The two together are redundantly redundant and make me about as mad as "could care less."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »

On the upside, I had a nice hike this morning with Keith & Sherlock. :)

Well, on the "upside" of the drive, I did a "Jane" - I slipped and fell! Fortunately that actually involved me dropping to my knees in a foot of snow, so the only injury was to my dignity.

der Brucer

I'm sooo very relieved you only injured your dignity, my favorite kind of fall. :)

Jane

« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2010, 05:55:47 PM »

How are you feeling, td?

VIBES IT WORKS!!

Jane

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »

Congrats to Matt H. on the 50,000 Posts!!

DITTO!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

I am definitely going to come see the Brain in Washington.  I was thinking of seeing it in Indiana, too, but don't know if that will work out.

Former DR KURT and I are going.  I thought you might want to send me along a card to take them....mentioning your good friend Jack Randall.

It opens in April....the same week as the Dancing With the Stars Competition, so I may not see it until the Second Week.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »

I haven't been to the producing theatre in quite some time - and in fact avoid it in general, but BRAIN-EX will be the exception.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2010, 06:05:28 PM »

You do great work, DR TCB!  I don't know how you find the time!

It just takes a little fairy dust!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up