Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I THINK, THEREFORE I AM  (Read 16625 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I THINK, THEREFORE I AM
« on: March 27, 2010, 11:38:16 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes thought and therefore were, and now it is time for you to post until the thoughtful cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: I THINK, THEREFORE I AM
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 11:38:52 PM »

And the word of the day is: PULLULATE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

Ummm... Psst... Dino is running late, so...

Any requests?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 11:44:12 PM »

As I was saying... ;)

Some cast members have been picking up scripts.  One I particularly like is Eddie Korbich.  Also, we're not supping at The Steak Joint - there seems to be a slight problem in that they've gone out of business.  So, it's the Eclectic Cafe - many things I like there, including a good risotto with chicken.  And much friendlier, calorie-wise, than a huge hunk of meat.

I haven't seen Eddie since he was in REDHEAD at Goodspeed in 1998 or thereabouts.

Oh, I guess you missed his stint as the tap-dancing seagull in Disney's The Little Mermaid on Broadway.  ;)

But he was also in Face the Music at Encores!. He and Mylinda Hull cute quite the rug in that production.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »

Sorry for that partial echo.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:48:38 PM »

Anyhoo...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 11:50:33 PM »

Oh...

Is that what DR Ron Pulliam would have been called by Dr. Doolittle?

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 11:54:09 PM »

Je pense, donce je suis.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 11:55:26 PM »

Je suis fatigué, donc je dors.

Bonne nuit.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 12:05:25 AM »

And for breakfast - straight from Portland (not Maine)....

THE BACON MAPLE BAR!

Voodoo Doughnut Offers Bacon Donuts, Legal Matrimony
If you happen to be looking for doughnut shop that performs legal weddings and offers a confectionery treat endorsed by the Ol' Dirty Bastard's mom, you're probably going to have to take a trip to Oregon.

Voodoo Doughnut and its offshoot, Voodoo Doughnut Too, are famous in the Portland area and beyond for their unusual fried dough interpretations and off-beat promotions.

They may have also invented the bacon doughnut: "Our bacon maple bar has got us a ton of press and has been copied all over," Voodoo Doughnut co-founder Kenneth "Cat Daddy" Pogson told Asylum. "Actually, I'm not sure who did it first," he then conceded. "But I was the first one to be on TV with it."

Other Voodoo Doughnut favorites include the Old Dirty Bastard, a chocolate doughnut topped with crushed Oreos and peanut butter, which was in fact given the thumbs up by the late rapper's mom. Also their Portland Crème -- a Boston crème doughnut with a pair of eyes to give it "vision" -- was decreed the official doughnut of Portland by the city's mayor.

Read on the find out how many folks have been married in a doughnut shop, and how many doughnuts a man can balance on his (think John Barrowman).

der Brucer
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:59:42 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 12:07:51 AM »

BK noted the converse to the subject line:

I am, therfore I think.

Surely BK has encountered many an LA driver that is an "I am" that clearly does not think!

der Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 12:21:24 AM »

I like Edgar. That is all.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »

The next Pickled Pig Pub Beer Soiree:

Our Culinary Institute of America gradutates, Chef Michael Stiglitz and Chef Jen Blakeman have put together a feast you will have to taste to believe! Pub Manager Ben Muse has also carefully picked some of Delaware's finest craft brews to pair with each course - enjoy!

Reception/First Course:
Artisanal Cheese Course
paired with Beer Sampling

Second Course:
Chesapeake Crab Stew
old bay-tomato beer broth, corn, haricot vert
paired with 16 Mile Old Court Pale Ale

Third Course:
IPA Sous Vide King Salmon
warm ramp salad, baby carrot, asparagus, radish
paired with Twin Lakes Winterthur Wheat

Fourth Course:
Lager & Bacon Beef Filet
roasted baby portabellas, blue cheese-stuffed onion
paired with Dogfish Head Raison D’Etre

Fifth Course:
Stout Cake
bailey’s mousse
paired with Evolution Rise Up Stout

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 12:41:14 AM »

As I was saying... ;)

Some cast members have been picking up scripts.  One I particularly like is Eddie Korbich.  Also, we're not supping at The Steak Joint - there seems to be a slight problem in that they've gone out of business.  So, it's the Eclectic Cafe - many things I like there, including a good risotto with chicken.  And much friendlier, calorie-wise, than a huge hunk of meat.

I haven't seen Eddie since he was in REDHEAD at Goodspeed in 1998 or thereabouts.

Oh, I guess you missed his stint as the tap-dancing seagull in Disney's The Little Mermaid on Broadway.  ;)

But he was also in Face the Music at Encores!. He and Mylinda Hull cute quite the rug in that production.

And The Drowsy Chaperone! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 12:57:36 AM »

Time to go hide...I suspect things will be getting a tad grumpy:

Woody has a 6AM work shift!

Maybe I should suggest he take a few of those to-die-for Italian cookies we picked up downtown yesterday to work for his break.

He can relax this afternoon and evening - He has Vacation on Monday and his day-off on Tuesday (and since he is alreay scheduled for Wed thru Sat he doesn't have to worry about a call-in).

der Brucer

Michael

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 03:45:06 AM »

As I was saying... ;)

And The Drowsy Chaperone! :)

The revisical of Flora the Red Menace off-broadway
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 05:45:35 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Fr. Richard excused me from going to Lima today, due to my sinus infection. I'm sorry to miss his first Palm Sunday, but I wouldn't be a very sparkly Vicar's wife this morning.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 05:50:03 AM »

I don't have much time to post this morning. My niece stayed over and she managed to watch Care Bears faster than i could catch up here.
I still have to give her a bath and take her to the library in the next hour.

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 05:51:57 AM »

I asked her if she wanted to do Earth Hour (last night from 8:30pm-9:30pm no use of electricity) and she did.

So we had 2 candles, a flashlight and one light that uses batteries. IT was sort of fun. Although hard to entertain her for a full hour.

We played pass the balloon, Crazy 8s, and read some stories.

She is getting too good at Crazy 8s. I used to have to glance at her cards to try to sometimes put down cards that she would have. But now she can beat me without my helping her!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 05:52:33 AM »

I think I mentioned that I watched THE EDDIE CANTOR STORY last week.

The best part of it was the songs that Cantor recorded himself.

After watching the picture, I did a little research, and learned that the "Rocky Kramer" character in the movie (Gerald Mohr), Eddie's childhood friend who grows up to be a mobster and, subsequently, dies in the electric chair, was inspired by Louis Lepke, founder of Murder, Inc.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 05:58:31 AM »

Re: the women's long program figure skating at the World Championships

They did not start airing it here till 4pm. So i didn't get to see it till last night. But it was not good. The japanese skater who got 1st place (2nd in long program) was probably the best. Although i wouldn't say she excites me. I was very disappointed in Yu-na kim's long program. Although that said it was obvious she was so tired. And i guess she didn't do that badly. It started out very good. She fell once, and popped one double. So i guess it wasn't a complete failure. Although compared to the olympics it was bad. It seems so odd that she could still win the long program. I guess what she did had such a high possible total, that even going 20 points under her olympic total, she could still win. I just hate that someone that fell and missed another jump could have the highest long program. I will say that US Marai who was in 1st place after the short program was also extremely disappointing to me. I really have no idea how she did so badly. She started off great. And after her short program i was expecting a lot. I'm curious what her highest possible total could have been if she had skated well. But man she fell hard and ended up so far back.

I will say that the highlight for me was the Canadian. Joannie Rochette was not there so it was very interesting to see the 2nd Canadian, Cynthia Phaneuf. I was so impressed. Her long program scored something like 118, which was far ahead of her season's best. She skated cleanly and i was so proud of her. And she ended up finishing 5th. Truly unbelievable.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 06:35:46 AM »

I think EVERY movie should have a character who dies in the electric chair.

It certainly would have livened up FUNNY GIRL considerably - and in that cast, I vote for Kay Medford.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 06:44:11 AM »

As I was saying... ;)

I haven't seen Eddie socially since 1998. I did see him in FACE THE MUSIC and THE DROWSY CHAPERONE.

Good morninbg, all! The neighbor above me had two rounds of doing the dirty last night: 11:15 and some time after 2. the big question is, was it the same partner?

So, I've got to do laundry and I cannot get the energy to begin it. Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow.

DR MattH, I loved JULIE & JULIA, which I saw - along with the wonderful THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE - right after I started work on FINIAN'S RAINBOW last September.

I guess I need some coffee.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:25:25 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »

In honor of Earth Hour, I went to bed at 8:30.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Kerry

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 07:19:09 AM »

Why, it's a Sunday morning if there ever was one.
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »

JR, please to tell this half-Jew:  where exactly does one procure a St. Joseph statue?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 07:36:18 AM »

Jose, I had a bidding war last night on this Kurzweil that's now thankfully gone.  I had it listed for $250, one guy was set to come today to get it, but then this kid kept emailing and upping the price if he could have first dibs.  Finally sold for $350, but I had to help shlep it out of the house.  This mutha was heavy--probably 150 lbs.  And my nifty green piano lamp got smashed in the process.  But still, $100 more is $100 more.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 07:37:41 AM »

I have now sold a Privia keyboard, the Kurzweil and our older Sharp Aquos.  I have two buyers pending on the living room couch, which we've never liked.  All that's left from this first round is the teak futon couch.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 07:46:47 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is: ANOTHER HUNDRED PEOPLE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up