Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CALL ME  (Read 11841 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CALL ME
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2010, 12:53:32 PM »

interesting how a pet acts when a person leaves the house
yes, my bird is much nicer when he is restored to his rightful position as the center of the universe, which is what happens whenever company leaves.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2010, 12:53:50 PM »

I just read that Adam Lambert is going to be the mentor and perform and next week's IDOL. I think this is a great idea!
He may not have experience yet (like some of the mentors). But i think he was great at song choice, will be interesting to watch, and i think he knows what these contestants are going through.

I had read that yesterday and also think he could be very good for the contestants. Additionally, he'll sing on Wednesday's elimination show which will definitely be something to look forward to.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

John G.

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »

Page four dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2010, 12:59:31 PM »

TV Series Finales that DELIVERED:

"Newhart" -- final episode "The Last Newhart" -- the final scene.  CLASSIC!  UNEXPECTED! BRILLIANT!
I would have to add "Six Feet Under" to that list.

Agreed! I sobbed - violently! - throughout that final montage.

Yes, one of the great series finales. So was THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW. I liked FRIENDS' last episode as well.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »

Since I had five episodes of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER from the Blu-ray 4th season set, I went ahead and watched those while cooking and eating lunch.

Even though I don't watch the show on a weekly basis, I enjoyed catching up with it via these Blu-ray episodes. If I get the set again for season five, I'll be glad to watch them again.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »

Then I watched today's work project THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR (1999). I saw it when it was released and not since, and I do find it a very adult cat and mouse love story with an emphasis on characters and emotions rather than on style as Norman Jewison's 1968 version was.

I had completely forgotten that Faye Dunaway played a psychiatrist in this remake thus forming a sort of through-line from the 1968 to the 1999 version.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »

After all these months I shouldn't have been surprised he knew exactly what I was doing.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2010, 01:05:27 PM »

yes, my bird is much nicer when he is restored to his rightful position as the center of the universe, which is what happens whenever company leaves.

;D

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »

The Blu-ray had beautiful and very natural color and was very pleasant to look at. BUT, there wasn't a special feature to be found on this disc which really surprised me.

Inside the case is also a DVD copy of the film (both widescreen and pan and scan versions) and on that disc is a commentary and the trailers for both versions of the story. So, I did listen to about 40 minutes of the commentary and watched the trailers. BTW, the DVD of the movie also looked quite stunning for a 480p transfer.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »

BTW, I was surprised that COCOON did NOT come this morning. The UPS delivery was just THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR. Maybe COCOON will come tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »

I did have time to watch/skim AS THE WORLD TURNS. Luke and Reid were on and very nice with one another. And they were in the previews for tomorrow, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

When I go down, I'll have IDOL, SOUTHLAND, and ONE LIFE TO LIVE to watch.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »

Back from the meeting.  The good news is that no matter what happens from here on in, I now own a piece of the show in perpetuity.  I asked everyone to take a month off, to gather comments from people who saw the show, send everything to me, yay and nay, so that I can put it all in one document categorized in columns of things that people thought worked and things that people thought didn't work.  The next draft of this show is going to go through a big change with many characters going away, plot points coming from characters we're actually interested in, and more focus on the things that actually work.  Everything that is not germane to the story is going away - I will be merciless about it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »

I'm going to watch the week old Lost and then last night's Lost back to back.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:16 PM »

And then I've got lots of movies to choose from.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:33 PM »

Thinking about what I might eat today - it has to be light.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »

TV Series Finales that DELIVERED:

"Newhart" -- final episode "The Last Newhart" -- the final scene.  CLASSIC!  UNEXPECTED! BRILLIANT!

Agreed!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2010, 01:17:36 PM »

I am looking forward to tonight's UGLY BETTY. I can't believe this show is ending soon. :(

Ditto and ditto. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »

Back from the meeting.  The good news is that no matter what happens from here on in, I now own a piece of the show in perpetuity.  I asked everyone to take a month off, to gather comments from people who saw the show, send everything to me, yay and nay, so that I can put it all in one document categorized in columns of things that people thought worked and things that people thought didn't work.  The next draft of this show is going to go through a big change with many characters going away, plot points coming from characters we're actually interested in, and more focus on the things that actually work.  Everything that is not germane to the story is going away - I will be merciless about it.

Congratulations, BK! I am very happy for you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2010, 01:32:54 PM »

I see that Universal is allowing fans to vote on its Facebook page as to its next catalog release on Blu-ray. Here are the choices:

Back to the Future
Backdraft
The Big Lebowski
The Blues Brothers
The Breakfast Club
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Lost in Translation
Meet the Parents
National Lampoon's Animal House
Psycho

Of course, I'd vote for PSYCHO if I were a member of Facebook, but I'd be willing to bet the fanboys will choose BACK TO THE FUTURE. Please, God, don't let it be LOST IN TRANSLATION!

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »

Now, I must hop off-line and get some writing done.

Then, I'll heaqd down and hopefully have an enjoyable evening of filmed entertainment.

WBBL.

George

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »

DR George, good news about your friend Margo.  HEALING VIBES TO HER!!

Glad to hear that George's freind Margo is getting better

Thanks Jane and Dakota...and I'm sure that Margo thanks you, also! :D

George

« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2010, 01:36:36 PM »

Congrats on owning the piece of the show, BK!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

MattH, the good news is that no matter what anyone votes on, all those titles are in the works and will be coming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »

George, give me your show dates again - I will now actively start checking out flights, etc.

John G.

« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »

Great news on the show, BK
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »

I got back from shopping in time to watch the cast of GLEE on OPRAH and to help Richard switch out storm windows for screens in our downstairs windows - ahhhh, the house breathes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2010, 02:22:16 PM »

George, give me your show dates again - I will now actively start checking out flights, etc.

BK, we open April 29 and play through May 15.  And when you decide on the date(s), we can plan the evening to talk-back with the composer! :D

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »

DR George - did you say that Margo had both knees operated on?  I wish her all the best...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »

DR George - did you say that Margo had both knees operated on?  I wish her all the best...

Thanks, Ginny, but fortunately, she did NOT get both knees done...just the left.  She will eventually need to get the other one done, but just not yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up