Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK HOME IN INDIANA AND MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME  (Read 19486 times)

Ginny

Re: BACK HOME IN INDIANA AND MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2010, 11:13:11 AM »

For Ginny:

A projected shortage of canned pumpkin was announced last fall:

NY TIMES

Since the major comerical pumpkin crops are just once a year, we can presume the shortage will continue until next fall.

Darn, now everyone will run out & stock up on pumpkin before I can.

Well... Regardless of the current shortage, finding cans of pumpkin purée "out of season" can usually require some sleuthing.  -Just like trying to find cans of cranberry sauce.  -At least in my experience. ;)

I did find enough pumpkin yesterday for today's pies and to stash away for fall, just in case.  Our house smells like Thanksgiving now, which is really weird with the trees blooming and the windows open.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

Wow...can't believe I finally figured out my password. It's been awhile.

I got a shout-out in the notes! *happy dance* AND I get to finally meet Mr. BK today. I always knew it would happen, but I thought it would be in LA at Musso & Frank, or perhaps NYC's Joe Allen, rather than Indianapolis's westside. The venue matters not a whit, however. I'm still unspeakably excited.

DR Ben, JMK, Jane (and anyone else still on here from the many moons ago when I was a regular), could you send me messages with your info so I can make you Facebook friends? That's where I spend most of my online life these days.

Safe journey, BK. :-)

Lulu, you and been missed and it is great to see you.  I've sent you an email.

When I first joined began posting Lulu was the first person to respond to something I said and help me feel a part of the group.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

Posting from the airport.  We board in about thirty minutes.  The drive was fast, got through security fast (although I had no idea we had to take the toiletries plastic pouch OUT of the luggage - that was now and a little annoying, but I got it out in time but was so flustered that I forgot to take off my shoes.  Got those off in the nick of time, too. 

Bruce, you have flown since the liquid restrictions began.  It has always been you had to take the plastic bag out and have it ready.  How you managed to avoid doing so before now is amazing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »

Last night, DR FJL commented:

"Where is that Jonathan Groff photo from, Matt?

very different look than in his NY musical stage appearances"

It actually is from an NYC stage appearance, from a staged concert he did last fall in NYC in which he played a Greek god. Can't remember the name of the play, but Marilyn Stasio in VARIETY mentioned he was cute but not a god. I beg to differ.

BTW, on GLEE this week, he looked to have put on some muscle and have filled out some compared to this photo. He looked about ten pounds heavier. Yes, I know they say the TV camera adds ten pounds, but this appeared to be muscle.

Actually, the last time I saw Jonathan Groff in person - which was just a few weeks ago - it just looked like he was finally losing the "baby fat" from his face.  I mean, he is just 25-years old. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2010, 11:19:14 AM »

Welcome back, Lulu!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2010, 11:19:52 AM »

The more and more I see the neighbors' cat, the more I'm convinced he thinks he's a dog. He's enjoying being out in the rain right now. And he loves rolling over to have his belly petted. He also comes when he's called. I've never seen these charateristics in a feline before. 

I've known cats like that. :)  All my cats came when called & Bogie loved to have his belly rubbed.

George

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »

Yesterday DR FJL wrote:

Jennifer - I'm not being deliberately stupid, but for a player on the Bengals, is $10,000 really considered a lot to spend on a present? 

No, probably not. It just seems like a lot to me.  But my brother in law reminded me that most athletes buy million dollar rings. So this was not too much to spend.

It probably isn't a lot to spend...but then she's not his girlfriend. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »

Posting from the airport.  We board in about thirty minutes.  The drive was fast, got through security fast (although I had no idea we had to take the toiletries plastic pouch OUT of the luggage - that was now and a little annoying, but I got it out in time but was so flustered that I forgot to take off my shoes.  Got those off in the nick of time, too. 

Umm.... They've been requiring/requesting people to take their toiletries out of their bags for a while now.  -For at least two or three years now.  I know that some airports are also a bit more strict about placing the liquids and gels in the one-quart Zip-loc bag.

TSA 3-1-1

LOL-I didn't see your post before I commented.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »

Travel vibes to BK!  I usually say "Wave when you fly over Ohio" but according to his route, flying over Ohio would mean they're off course.

Well, with the way airlines route flights lately... A friend just flew from DC to South Carolina... via Detroit.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2010, 11:24:39 AM »

DR Matt H, I agree with your comments about Human Target & the guest cast.  As for Modern Family, while they all make me laugh, Cam for his exuberance makes me laugh the most.

We were disappointed with GLEE.  As much as we enjoyed the Vogue thing at the end we had no idea what it was for, not that I'm complaining.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »

Umm.... They've been requiring/requesting people to take their toiletries out of their bags for a while now.  -For at least two or three years now.  I know that some airports are also a bit more strict about placing the liquids and gels in the one-quart Zip-loc bag.

TSA 3-1-1

LOL-I didn't see your post before I commented.

Well, a reminder is a reminder.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »

DerBrucer, nice photos of your wildlife, inside as well as outside.  Yes, I know none of them are really wild. ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

And just because...

Here's another production still from last summer's presentation of The Bacchae in Central Park:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »

Hmmm...

Just watched the final episode of "Ugly Betty" online...

Hmmm....
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2010, 11:55:16 AM »

Here I am in Houston and now have ninety minutes before the flight to Indianapolis.  Not getting an aisle seat - oh, well - at least I'm toward the front of the plane.  As to the toiletries - I've flown quite a bit for the last three years and not ONCE have I EVER been asked to remove the ziploc bag from my luggage, and not ONCE have they ever flagged the bag to do so.  So, today was the first time I had to do it, and maybe I didn't have to - I just saw the gal in front of me do it and made an assumption.  Now that I think about it, not one other person in front of us did it.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »

Here I am in Houston and now have ninety minutes before the flight to Indianapolis.  Not getting an aisle seat - oh, well - at least I'm toward the front of the plane.  As to the toiletries - I've flown quite a bit for the last three years and not ONCE have I EVER been asked to remove the ziploc bag from my luggage, and not ONCE have they ever flagged the bag to do so.  So, today was the first time I had to do it, and maybe I didn't have to - I just saw the gal in front of me do it and made an assumption.  Now that I think about it, not one other person in front of us did it.

TSA procedures are a function of the position of Uranus, the state of digestion of the supervisor, and the brand of deodorant used by the person in line ahead of you.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »

What is the dress code for tomorrow evening?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »

I'll be wearing a lovely chiffon number, floral with crinoline.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »

I'm not dressing up, that much I can tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2010, 12:08:31 PM »

Too bad Continental doesn't do direct flights to Indianapolis.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »

Our plane landed in terminal E.  The next plane takes off from terminal B.  This required walking what seemed like a mile to some shuttle train that then took us to terminal B.  Hopefully they won't change the gate.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »

I'm in one of those little business center cubicles in the President's Club (thank you day pass) - because every single seat where you'd want to sit and relax is taken.  I had no idea Houston was the center of the known universe.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »

I'll be wearing a lovely chiffon number, floral with crinoline.

Then I won't wear mine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »

Wow, I seem to have recently achieved 54,000 postings.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »

I'm not dressing up, that much I can tell you.

You are liable to end up with an extra sweat shirt - but you didn't hear that from me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

Welcome to Houston, bk!  Too bad you can't cut out of the airport for a bit to check out Houston's House of Pies.  I believe they are related to the HoP in Los Feliz, or, at the very least, were related at one point.  Sort of the same menu and graphics.

As for your toiletries.. Well... I've left them in my bag a few times too, and sometimes they've just gone through the scanner without any issue.  I think it may all depend on the TSA agents at your checkpoint and the current security level.  The TSA just wants all of your liquids in one place, one bag.  Even when you take them out of your luggage, you can still place them in a bin with your luggage, jackets, shoes, etc.  They just want it easily accessible should it/you require any further inspection.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2010, 12:17:06 PM »

I'm in one of those little business center cubicles in the President's Club (thank you day pass) - because every single seat where you'd want to sit and relax is taken.  I had no idea Houston was the center of the known universe.

Well, Houston - and I'm guessing you're at IAH and not Hobby since you're flying Continental - is actually the main hub and HQ of Continental.  -It's also the main gateway airport for flights to and from Mexico.  It's always busy there.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:19:58 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »

Anyhoo...

Since it's already the three o'clock hour here on the East Coast, that means it's my time to head out for a bit of sun and fresh air, and then to the theatre for tonight's show.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »

...or even the unknown universe!

George

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »

;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up