Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK HOME IN INDIANA AND MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME  (Read 19584 times)

Laura

Re: BACK HOME IN INDIANA AND MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2010, 03:37:54 PM »

Jane, they pulled me aside, and then had me open each container. The TSA agent held some kind of litmus-type paper over each container opening (or touched it to the contents -- I don't remember).
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

DR Matt H, I agree with your comments about Human Target & the guest cast.  As for Modern Family, while they all make me laugh, Cam for his exuberance makes me laugh the most.

We were disappointed with GLEE.  As much as we enjoyed the Vogue thing at the end we had no idea what it was for, not that I'm complaining.

I was not disappointed with GLEE overall. The show has been off for four months, and they had to do an episode that reestablished the show's central movers and shakers, cram in some musical numbers, and introduce two new characters in addition to giving face time to some changes in relationships. My biggest disappointment was that Matthew Morrison didn't get to sing Diamond's "Hello, Again" on his own instead of barely singing along to the recording. Overall, I thought the episode did a good job (not great, mind you) in jump starting the show for the last third of its season.

But the writing was as sassy as ever, and the melodramatic plot strands which are a hallmark of the show were revved back up: different players now in some of the antics, but the tone is still what it was.

"Vogue," of course, was a preview for next week's all-Madonna song episode of the show.

Of course, except I didn't get it.

Last season we had the Will & Fin parallel stories of the pregnancies, now we seem to be doing the same with their need to find themselves after their break-ups.  I hope you are right they are transitioning, because right now it seems to be the same as last season.  I didn't realize the two new characters were here to stay.  Do you know this as fact?

Jane

« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »

I am trying to figure out DR LULU's avatar.....   ;D

It's me, with, um...enhanced...hair. (Okay...it's a wig!)

It looks good on you.

Jane

« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2010, 03:44:50 PM »

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/article_7b0149f2-f094-510a-97da-b18c69b62bdd.html

Tonight I'm going to the placard hearings to see if we can save some old buildings that the city wants to tear down.
Hopefully we can at least save the synagogue.  I hear it really isn't in that bad of shape

They Kill Dogs, They Kill Pigeons, They Tear Down Houses.....They are the City Council....run for your lives

I've never seen a synagogue like that.  The building is great-VIBES IT IS NOT TORN DOWN!!!

Will you be sharing a link to an article tomorrow with your quote? :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »

Lunch started late and ran very long, so when I got in, I didn't have time to do anything except watch TOMBSTONE. It has a simply brilliant cast of actors. Val Kilmer steals every scene as Doc Holiday in what must be his best-ever film performance. I didn't even remember Dana Delany being in this. But all these actors who have gone on to great fame pop up in fairly small roles (Thomas Haden Church, Jason Priestley, Jon Tenney). Just marvelous.

I don't usually care much for Cosmatos as a director, but he does a professional job here.

I still don't think this holds a candle to Costner's WYATT EARP or MY DARLING CLEMENTINE (which has a lot of fictional elements to it but is such a classic.)

And speaking of Kevin Costner...EXCLUSIVE: Dances With Wolves, the Musical, Is On the Horizon.
I hope they cut the running length by a few days.

Not bloody well likely:

He [Matt Murphy, who has acquired the stage rights to Michael Blake's 1986 book] called Dances With Wolves, the musical, "an epic dramatic musical." A large cast and expansive design elements are envisioned.

"There is no way to do Dances With Wolves, which is essentially a Western on stage, without it being spectacular and epic in scope," Murphy said.

::)

They could do it on the radio.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:03 PM »

MR BK must be circling the airport by now.

Jane

« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:11 PM »

I liked the GLEE episode last night.

I liked Finn's "Hello I Love You" very much....

We did as well, after that it went down hill for us, until Jane's Vogue. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:23 PM »

time for dinner.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:04 PM »

Things to do....things to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »

Lunch started late and ran very long, so when I got in, I didn't have time to do anything except watch TOMBSTONE. It has a simply brilliant cast of actors. Val Kilmer steals every scene as Doc Holiday in what must be his best-ever film performance. I didn't even remember Dana Delany being in this. But all these actors who have gone on to great fame pop up in fairly small roles (Thomas Haden Church, Jason Priestley, Jon Tenney). Just marvelous.

I don't usually care much for Cosmatos as a director, but he does a professional job here.

I still don't think this holds a candle to Costner's WYATT EARP or MY DARLING CLEMENTINE (which has a lot of fictional elements to it but is such a classic.)

And speaking of Kevin Costner...EXCLUSIVE: Dances With Wolves, the Musical, Is On the Horizon.

Not bloody well likely:

He [Matt Murphy, who has acquired the stage rights to Michael Blake's 1986 book] called Dances With Wolves, the musical, "an epic dramatic musical." A large cast and expansive design elements are envisioned.

"There is no way to do Dances With Wolves, which is essentially a Western on stage, without it being spectacular and epic in scope," Murphy said.

I'd rather see ANNIE GET YOUR GUN!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »

Jane, they pulled me aside, and then had me open each container.

Lucky the gels weren't implants.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2010, 03:49:07 PM »

DR Matt H, I agree with your comments about Human Target & the guest cast.  As for Modern Family, while they all make me laugh, Cam for his exuberance makes me laugh the most.

We were disappointed with GLEE.  As much as we enjoyed the Vogue thing at the end we had no idea what it was for, not that I'm complaining.

It what ways were you disappointed in GLEE? The Vogue thing is just a preview for next week's Madonna show, where it should make sense.

By now you have seen my response to Ron.  I don't follow Madonna so I wasn't aware the Vogue thing was all about her.

Laura

« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2010, 03:49:13 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

Laura

« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »

This afternoon I saw this:

Jane

« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »

DR Jennifer, I agree with your "lame" comments regarding GLEE.  That whole bit bothered me as much as it bothered you.

The film version of Girl with the Dragon is the same one playing in the States.

Jane

« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2010, 03:53:01 PM »

Jane, they pulled me aside, and then had me open each container. The TSA agent held some kind of litmus-type paper over each container opening (or touched it to the contents -- I don't remember).

That's not too bad.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »

DR Laura, I enjoy your walks. :)

Keith was very excited he finally saw a Pileated Woodpecker while we hike.  I've seen them before.  We did not have our camera, not that it mattered as the woodpecker flew away too quickly.

Laura

« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2010, 04:01:01 PM »

Wow, great shot, Jane. Especially considering you didn't have a camera!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

Can't wait to read this one myself. I was 94 among reservations at the library yesterday (about of 30 copies). And the movie of "Dragon Tattoo" opens here Friday.

I won't be able to see what place i am in for a reservation until the book comes out in may.

re: the movie opening on friday. Which version is it?

Is it this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/

I saw this one in french with french subtitles.

Yes. It's Swedish.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #229 on: April 15, 2010, 04:02:06 PM »

Not bloody well likely:

They could do it on the radio.
They could do it by telepathy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #230 on: April 15, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »

DR Jennifer, I agree with your "lame" comments regarding GLEE.  That whole bit bothered me as much as it bothered you.
Geez, next thing you'll be complaining about golf players.

der Brucer

...or Larry King
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

John G.

« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »

Love the photos, DRs Laura and Jane, especially of the woodpecker and the flower.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »

New Yorkers, eat cupcakes while supporting Best Friends Animal Rescue

The ubiquitous Crumbs Bake Shop in New York City has baked a batch of something special for the charities participating in the Live Your Best Life Weekend, a celebration of O, the Oprah Magazine’s 10th anniversary.

The bakery has created a special, limited-time-only cupcake for the Live Your Best Life Weekend. For each one the business sells from now until May 18, it will donate $1 to the ten charities represented at the Walk on May 9. That means that Best Friends receives 10 cents for every cupcake sold, and that’s no small change given the brisk business the bakery conducts from each of its 12 New York locations. Crumbs estimates that it can sell between 2,500 and 3,000 special cupcakes weekly.

Jane

« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2010, 04:06:35 PM »

Geez, next thing you'll be complaining about golf players.

der Brucer

...or Larry King

You bet ;)

Jane

« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »

Thanks DR Laura ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2010, 04:08:45 PM »

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/article_7b0149f2-f094-510a-97da-b18c69b62bdd.html

Tonight I'm going to the placard hearings to see if we can save some old buildings that the city wants to tear down.
Hopefully we can at least save the synagogue.  I hear it really isn't in that bad of shape

They Kill Dogs, They Kill Pigeons, They Tear Down Houses.....They are the City Council....run for your lives

I've never seen a synagogue like that.  The building is great-VIBES IT IS NOT TORN DOWN!!!

Will you be sharing a link to an article tomorrow with your quote? :)

Not sure I'll be saying anything.  There will be quite a few people there.  I'm on the board of the group referred to in the article and a number of the other board members will be there including the man who hates cats.   I've spoken up for buildings in the past. I did research for one fo the mansions and I provided it to a guy who is supposedly a nut case.  He's been emailing me all day wanting me to speak up for the house, but other than the historical research I gave him, I'm not sure there is much to say.   We'll see.

Laura

« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »

"The Man Who Hates Cats" -- our newest recurring character.

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2010, 04:10:49 PM »

DR Laura, great photos!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2010, 04:11:20 PM »

I sure wish things were as giddy here as they are/will be in Indiana tonight.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »

"The Man Who Hates Really Doesn't Like Cats" -- our newest recurring character.

:)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up