Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LINT  (Read 12534 times)

Cillaliz

Re: LINT
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »

Good morning. I was a little dizzy when I got up this morning...ok, a lot dizzy, so I'm taking it easy.  I got so involved in taking the wall paper off the entry way last night (inside the turret) that I forgot to eat dinner.  I just ate a little and am feeling better.  Think I'll go to the farmer's market and get some fresh food.  I haven't been eating well lately and want to try to get back on track.

I'm also going to go get some paint color strip thingies so I can pick out my colors for the bathroom and the entry.  I need to scrub the wall paper paste off the walls in there, but almost all the paper came right off the walls without water or chemicals, so it won't be a bad job at all.  The area is small and other than two doors, there isn't anything to have to paint around, so it will go very fast once the prep is done

Cilla, it sounds like your electrolytes are out of balance.  Gatorade!

Gatorade was on sale, I am now stocked up and drinking some as we speak. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »

For ths being Fleet week, I am surprised to have seen not one sailor on the Upper West Side; usually they're all over the City and everywhere you look at this time of the year. My father's favorite New York tourist spot, the aircraft carrier The Intrepid, is having some festivities and a showing of the movie TOP GUN (oy!) so perhaps they're all hanging around that part of town.

There are a lot of shipboard activities this year, so a good chunk of them are staying either on the ships or close to them. I have a feeling that you may see a bit more them venturing above 59th Street today.  I also think it depends which businesses are offering "Fleet Week Specials" - restaurants, bars, museums, stores, etc.  Alas, I don't think too many of them are on the UWS.  *I do have to give props to the MTA for letting the Men and Women in Uniform ride the busses and subways for free.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »

For ths being Fleet week, I am surprised to have seen not one sailor on the Upper West Side;

Try Jose's apartment.

Technically speaking, my back patio.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »

Good Morning! Good Day! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's Saturday.  That is all. 

Hasn't Monkey asked to go to Coney Island for the grand reopening of Luna Park?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »

I had a busy morning.  I went to the farmers market and got some fresh asparagus and radishes (not too much ripe yet) then went to the office where I discovered that dispite my distraction and lack of interest in work this month I still met my gross income goal.  I am very surprised and relieved about that.  I was sure that I was no where near where I need to be.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2010, 11:29:53 AM »

Good Morning! Good Day! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's Saturday.  That is all. 

Hasn't Monkey asked to go to Coney Island for the grand reopening of Luna Park?

der Brucer

Nope.

Although, from what I've been reading, so far so good down at Coney Island.  -At least once they finally opened the park at Noon instead of the advertised 11:00am. -Consequently, they offered all rides for free for the first hour.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2010, 11:31:32 AM »

So then I went to Home Depot ($5 rebate on a gallon of paint if anyone needs to paint) I picked out paint for the entry and got the supplies I need.  Then off tot he grocery store before coming home.  I got dizzy again when I got home, so I made some lunch and just drank a bottle of gatorade.  Think I'll relax and read for awhile before I start scrubbing the left over wall paper past off the walls

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »

RIP Dennis Hopper

DERBRUCER

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2010, 11:32:42 AM »

I had a busy morning.  I went to the farmers market and got some fresh asparagus and radishes

You pose?

"If a cop stops me in Arizona and says "papers" and I say "scissors" do I win?"

Not if he has a rock!

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2010, 11:33:52 AM »

It's already 86 degrees out and feels very hot.  I'm planning to stay in and take it easy the rest of the afternoon. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2010, 11:35:17 AM »

I had a busy morning.  I went to the farmers market and got some fresh asparagus and radishes

You pose?

"If a cop stops me in Arizona and says "papers" and I say "scissors" do I win?"

Not if he has a rock!

der Brucer

Then he shouldn't have said "papers" he should have said "rock"

DERBRUCER

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »

I was contemplating doing a Cillaliz and finishing up the lawn mowing (well, weed-wacking) I had started yesterday - but a lovely rainstorm had arrived and give me an excuse to postpone :)

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »

I have postponed mowing the rest of my yard until tomorrow.  I think i need to stay out of the heat today

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »

So...

About the Series of Finale of "Lost"...

I DON'T THINK THIS NEEDS A SPOILER, BUT JUST IN CASE....

gapide nugega le wotat rep ma ben. Noyihit elerade la loxo tov. Ireme bus hol go turo nota ranaha. Tinig bimif sat lug iyefani ezonit pesomi royov te danez! Gepidu urolusi celunan rine tu ohe odah racate. Ro odu ni ege pecin: Ti buroka litar sar lewihed dole. Meyo eyenoc sovel vupo rag ret; nanenad arelasig nisa ticafot isupares tegit gi gal. Cutet alirator cahi ipoce. Lawap heyo leri gav tevoy?
Daniel Faraday's piano playing? Really?!?!?  That was a true LOL moment for me.
gapide nugega le wotat rep ma ben. Noyihit elerade la loxo tov. Ireme bus hol go turo nota ranaha. Tinig bimif sat lug iyefani ezonit pesomi royov te danez! Gepidu urolusi celunan rine tu ohe odah racate. Ro odu ni ege pecin: Ti buroka litar sar lewihed dole. Meyo eyenoc sovel vupo rag ret; nanenad arelasig nisa ticafot isupares tegit gi gal. Cutet alirator cahi ipoce. Lawap heyo.

END OF POSSIBLY UNNECESSARY SPOILER
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »

I have postponed mowing the rest of my yard until tomorrow.  I think i need to stay out of the heat today

Sounds like some good self-advice.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »

I'm up and have had a rather long telephonic conversation.  This morning the phone rang at eight-thirty because someone has a phone where I'm in their quick dial or whatever that is and if he moves the wrong way it dials my number.  I didn't take the call anyway, but when I heard the "message" all I heard was this person talking to someone.  I've told him about this problem many times, but it keeps happening.  I think now is the time to simply tell him to take me out of his speed dial and maybe that will fix the problem. 

Laura

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »

Drink lots of the gatorade.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2010, 11:53:06 AM »

So, I went back to sleep and slept till eleven.  I needed it.  Had some wacky dreams, too - not bad wacky though.

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »

Think I'll take a nap.  I never get to take naps.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2010, 01:31:04 PM »

I've been listening to recordings of my friends Joan Morris and Bill Bolcom this afternoon and I'm thoroughly outraged that several of my favorite albums have never been released on CD by Nonesuch or RCA. I really want to hear "These Charming People," their wonderful recording of duets with Max Morath. I cannot even find a cassette on Amazon, Abebooks, or eBay to buy for Anthony to transfer for me. Damn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »

I've been listening to recordings of my friends Joan Morris and Bill Bolcom this afternoon and I'm thoroughly outraged that several of my favorite albums have never been released on CD by Nonesuch or RCA. I really want to hear "These Charming People," their wonderful recording of duets with Max Morath. I cannot even find a cassette on Amazon, Abebooks, or eBay to buy for Anthony to transfer for me. Damn!

Hey, Larry, I just spoke to Anthony. We have These Charming People on LP and Anthony said he would transfer it for you. He's not sure exactly when he will have it done but rest assured that you will have a copy soon. You have been very generous to us over the years with books and CDs so this one will be payback to you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »

Got one big box o' stuff today - somewhat of a mother load of source material for potential upcoming Kritzerland projects.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2010, 02:22:37 PM »

Hey, Larry, I just spoke to Anthony. We have These Charming People on LP and Anthony said he would transfer it for you. He's not sure exactly when he will have it done but rest assured that you will have a copy soon. You have been very generous to us over the years with books and CDs so this one will be payback to you.

Tell him I love him!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »

I've proofed two Herbert songs, "Nina" and "I'm Going in the Movies (Society, I'm Through!)" and I think I am ready to turn on the tv and chill out.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2010, 02:29:35 PM »

Anthony just burned to CD for me two of my favorite spoken work collections, Brendan Behan's powerful and moving play THE HOSTAGE, with Julie Harris and Geoff Garland, recorded in 1965 by Columbia, and the famous EMI recording of THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST, with Sir John Gielgud, Dame Edith Evans, and Pamela Brown. I cannot believe that classic recording has not been transferred to CD. Hearing them both, and laughing and also weeping through THE HOSTAGE, after 20 years is like finding lost friends.

Ben

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2010, 02:45:44 PM »

I'm listening to Radio Wales, Anthony is finishing up a burn project for a customer and the meatloaf is in the oven. We shall eat in about 20 minutes. It smells very good with turkey meatloaf fragrance wafting through the apartment.

We will most likely watch a movie this evening. Either That Night in Rio with Alice Faye or Merrily We Go To Hell, a pre-code film with Frederic March and Sylvia Sydney.

Larry, Anthony is very glad you enjoy the work he did for you.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »

DR Jane, THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST is in at my library. They have 6 copies, all on hold. But i won't know until later if one is mine!

From what I can tell there will be 31 copies, if they ever arrive.  I should call & ask.

Well I think your library is for a bigger area. Mine is just for one suburb of montreal. There is another library 10 minutes away in every direction.

But alas I was not one of the first 6. I called to check. And i am number 5 (after the first 6 go out - they are on hold). So i guess it will probably be around 2 weeks till i get it.

Yes, my library is part of a large county system.  There are currently 121 requests for the book.  When the books finally arrive 8 of them will go to my local branch.  The largest of the branches (ours is the 2nd largest) will get 12 books & the other branches 1 each.  I don't know how the holds will be distributed since books are shipped between libraries.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »

DR Jane i've never heard of anyone making bagels. Are they very hard to make?

Not really.  The difficult part is making them taste good.  Have you baked bread before? 

Jane

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »

DR Jane i've never heard of anyone making bagels. Are they very hard to make?

Not if you have a Keith around to help :)

der Brucer

He didn't help, which is part of the problem.  I didn't/couldn't knead the dough properly.

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2010, 03:19:17 PM »

Salmon is in the oven and I'm about to add side dishes - fettucini alfredo and sugar snap peas - for our Saturday dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up