Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO KILLED THE DEAD RODENT?  (Read 79431 times)

Tomovoz

Re:WHO KILLED THE DEAD RODENT?
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2004, 03:08:53 PM »

To answer the "Annie Get Your Gun" Questions: Can't find out which version. The series here is based on "Encores" but it is staged and costumed etc - as much as 9 days will allow! The shows I have seen have been done really well and it does make you wonder why they have to spend millions on other shows. I could not find out which version of "AGYG" has been licensed.
The lead role will not be played by Dame Edna but by the darling of the OZ stage - Marina Prior. The public loves to love her. Since her professional debut way back in Pirates, she has been in Camelot (Richard Harris production), WSS, Phantom, Les Mis, Showboat etc. Her most recent appearance here was in a production of "Noises Off" in 2003.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2004, 03:09:15 PM »

Sorry for your dead rodent troubles BK... it sounds absolutely disgusting.

If it's any consolation, I just had an image of you being haunted by the spirit of a dead rodent and it made me laugh (sorry... but it IS a funny image - little ghost like rodents... tee hee) :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2004, 03:16:31 PM »

Me = kid in candy store

What to watch next; what to watch next?  ;D

Ha, ha! MattH!

I had to cancel my Universal monsters DVD set and then reorder. I checked Amazon.com to see if my order had shipped but I had forgotten that I ordered that set along with the Ma and Pa Kettle and Francis the Talking Mule sets! Well the Kettles don't release until May and the Mule doesn't come out until June...so the whole entire order was scheduled to ship in June!

I cancelled the Kettles and Francis too and will just pick them up at Best Buy when they come out!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2004, 03:20:34 PM »

Emily I thought that was funny.  You certainly have a fun imagination.  Now if I were in Bruce's situation I might not be laughing yet.

td

• td
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2004, 03:51:07 PM »

In your dreams, td
NO.  in my dreams it's YOU who's doing the skipping.  :)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2004, 03:52:11 PM »

Jane --  Sorry to hear you were busted as a shoplifter.

No, she was just playing "The Sheila Green Memorial Game."

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2004, 03:54:54 PM »

Is that a Henson Cargill reference td?
Radio is currently playing my least favourite song and performance of all time:  Wayne Newton singing "Daddy Don't you Walk so Fast". Off button here I come.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2004, 03:56:24 PM »

Me = kid in candy store

What to watch next; what to watch next?  ;D

I agree!  My Hammer Horror boxed set arrived today. . .
so, do I start with Lee & Cushing?  Lee alone? Cushing alone?  Mummy?  Draculas?  Frankenstein?
Decisions. . .decisions.

Jane, I also thought the "photo thief" was done on purpose!

HAPPY NATAL DAY, JENNIFER!

td

• td
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2004, 03:57:16 PM »

77 degrees, bright blue skies, and not a mouse in sight.
Not even the one used to control the computer?

td

• td
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

I had to cancel my Universal monsters DVD set and then reorder. I checked Amazon.com to see if my order had shipped but I had forgotten that I ordered that set along with the Ma and Pa Kettle and Francis the Talking Mule sets! Well the Kettles don't release until May and the Mule doesn't come out until June...so the whole entire order was scheduled to ship in June!

Ummm. . . the Kettle set has been out in stores for a while, DR MBarnum.

td

• td
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2004, 04:02:23 PM »

Is that a Henson Cargill reference td?
Radio is currently playing my least favourite song and performance of all time:  Wayne Newton singing "Daddy Don't you Walk so Fast". Off button here I come.

could be. . .who knows?   Ah! a WEST SIDE STORY reference in return.
Why, oh, why is Wayne Newton singing THAT song?!?!?!?!?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2004, 04:03:03 PM »

Light in the Piazza.  
Never thought George Hamilton was pleasing to look at - and George Hamilton as an Italian - hoo boy.

Beautiful scenery though.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2004, 04:11:39 PM »

Dead rodent disappear (or be found) and stop smelling putrid VIBES to bk.  : :P

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] RODENT[/move] [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] RODENT[/move] [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] RODENT[/move]

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »

It's going to be sketchy around here for a few days.  I do have their deodorant, which is not doing a brilliant job at the moment, but will hopefully kick in at some point.  Meanwhile, the window is open and the air conditioning is on.  I hope I can sleep through this.  The smell, even at its worst does tend to neutralize once you've been in the room for a few minutes.  It's just coming in there from the other room that it's really horrifying.

Countdown to 40,000 posts.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2004, 04:25:29 PM »

No, she was just playing "The Sheila Green Memorial Game."

Since I was playing the game, please tell me what it is.

Tomovoz I didn't have a skiparope.

Tomovoz

« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2004, 04:29:49 PM »

Pleased to hear it Jane. According to Lucy all those people jumping rope has led to the world getting smaller.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

Update: Eating some of my famous tuna pasta salad and watching Where the Spies Are with David Niven and Francoise Dorleac.  At the time of release the film was sold as a comedy, a spoof.  That it is not - it is a straightforward spy thriller - yes, a lightweight one, but not a spoof or a comedy in any way.  However, what they do is suddenly have Riz Ortolani's score be stupid or "comedic" in totally inappropriate scenes.  Very bad, and very dumb.  I think had they not done that and not mis-sold it, it might have done much better, because I can think of many more unpleasant things than watching David Niven and Francoise Dorleac for a couple of hours.

Tomovoz

« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2004, 04:30:50 PM »

That was of course a "Peanuts" Reference.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2004, 04:32:11 PM »

Ummm. . . the Kettle set has been out in stores for a while, DR MBarnum.

Ah yes DR TD, but this is the 2nd Ma and Pa Kettle set..the ones with the lovely Lori Nelson as the eldest daughter!

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2004, 04:33:30 PM »

It's rained all day long here in Bethlehem.  I've petted a cat or two, looking out at it.  Also wrote a brief scene and scenelet, along with a melody I'm sure not to use, for the big musical.

There's so much I'm so sure I won't end up using, and yet the idea is to start by completing a full draft.  Does every moment need to push the story forward?  Time will tell.  But I often write things that "merely" entertain, with the full expectation that someday they'll be considered extraneous and go.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2004, 04:33:35 PM »

I didn't ever catch up with "Spies Like Us". Should I be thankful? My mind seems to put in the same box as "Ashanti".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2004, 04:34:22 PM »

It's hard to keep all these Universal DVD franchise sets clear.  I hadn't heard Warners was doing a Hammer box, but I already have Curse, Horror and The Mummy - so what am I getting that I need to have that I don't already have, and will they be available separately?

Robin

« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2004, 05:07:55 PM »

It's hard to keep all these Universal DVD franchise sets clear.  I hadn't heard Warners was doing a Hammer box, but I already have Curse, Horror and The Mummy - so what am I getting that I need to have that I don't already have, and will they be available separately?

Since you already have half of what's in the Hammer boxed set, and the three other titles are available separately, there's no real reason for you to pick it up.  Unless you really like the box.  

As far as the Universal box goes, the selling point for me is that I don't have all of the movies in it, and the new-and-improved transfer of The Bride of Frankenstein.  As well as the Dracula, Wolf Man and Frankenstein Monster busts they're giving away with them.  I'm a sucker for an action figure...
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

td

• td
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2004, 05:12:24 PM »

BK - you also get:
DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE
FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED
TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA.

I held off on the original titles, for I had heard gossip a while ago that Warner would indeed be putting them in a box.
( "Put it in a box, tie it with a ribbon and toss it in the deep blue sea." - I know that some dear reader will recognize those lyrics immediately).

And should I tell Jane how to play "The Sheila Green Memorial Game," or should a fellow DR?
Maybe Yvonne Romaine will show up with Leslie Bisquick, er, I mean LESLIE BRICUSSE to teach us all. . .

Tomovoz

« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2004, 05:23:58 PM »

DR WEL: Update: Annie Get Your Gun is the 1999 version. Our promotion/booking booklet arrived in today's mail.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2004, 05:27:26 PM »

Chat in a mere thirty-three minutes from now.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2004, 05:31:18 PM »

I realized after I had posted that I had forgotten to wish Jennifer a happy birthday.  :o I'm sorry, Jennifer, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Regarding the kinda-sorta topic of the day, what is it with science teachers and dead rodent stories? There was a rather nasty dead rodent story in my seventh grade Biology class, and just today, my Geology teacher Queen Merry told us a dead rodent story that happened to her over the weekend.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Danise

« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2004, 05:52:08 PM »

Hi all!

Happiest of Birthdays to you, DR Jennifer!  Many, Many, Many more!  If I knew the exact date/time, the time program I found would tell you exactly how long you’ve been here on the planet.  I found out it counts up as well as down.

Sympathies on the loss of your rodent, BK!  I have smelt your pain on an occasion or two.  :)

I am sooo sleepy right now.  I must have over did it yesterday.  We have a nice cool breeze and it’s going to rain in a bit (so the weatherman says).  That makes me want to close my eyes and ZZZZZZ.

Forgive me if I don't make it to chat.  

Jane, I will answer your e-mails tomorrow night.  I just didn't get around to them.  I'm sorry.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2004, 05:53:33 PM »

Chat in a mere seven minutes.

Danise

« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2004, 05:56:06 PM »

I'm fading fast but I'll try to hang on--at least to say hi and goodnight.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up