Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: I WANT  (Read 36264 times)

Cillaliz

Re: I WANT
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2010, 01:40:37 PM »

Just went with Paul to go through a cool old house in my neighborhood.  It's a nice house, but really I wasn't that fond of the lay out.  It has an outdoor pool with a great screened in cabana.   Now I like the screened area, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want an outdoor pool in Iowa.   There are maybe 3 months of the year you could use it and we have some cold summers where you wouldn't use it much at all.  So, all the expense, filters, work cleaning it and for what?   I know severl people who have them, but I just don't get it

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »

PAGE FOUR
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »

except there are 3 things I want to watch.  I can do two with my DVR but not three

But only two are one at once:

Tony's 8-11
NFNS 9-10; Design Star 10-11

der Brucer

I also watch Food Network Challenge, but that's at 8 your time, so it actually will work.  Hmmm what do you know

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2010, 01:49:36 PM »

The Vixter and I were out doing yard work despite the weatherman's predictions of thunderstornms - they have been predicting them for 2 weeks and they never show up

halfway through the job the sky turned grey and some drops started to fall - so we wash off our tools put them back in the shed,
back up teh refuse and come inside put our dirty clothes itneh washer andturnit on and take showers

of course the drizzle has now stopped - our work clothes are being washed so the job can not be attempted again until next Saturday

how annoying

how annoying
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »

it must really be annoying me because I said it twice

vixmom

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »

We have an outdoor pool and we can only use it for 3 months a year - but during those three minths it is a thing of joy - especially if you do not possess central air

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

I am a total incompetent.  I have no mechanical skills whatsoever.  I was so tired of Nicky and I sufferring through the heat during the summer months.  So, this year I broke down and bought one of these portable(?) air contioners that you didn't have to install in your window.  Since I have sliders, and since I rent; I didn't want to hassle with installing a regular air conditioner in the bedroom and then having to block out the light when I was sleeping.  Also, my bedroom window is about twelve feet off the ground; and you don't want to see me build something on a ladder.

So today I take this thirty-five pound (portable) air conditioner and then sit here for an hour trying to figure out how to install this Window Panel Adapter.  And within the first half hour I have already lost the packet of four screws needed for installation.  And to make it worse, my neighbors in the townhouse to the north are lounging in their backyard and staring at the stooge show I am performing.  Grrrrrrrrr!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2010, 01:59:32 PM »

We have an outdoor pool and we can only use it for 3 months a year - but during those three minths it is a thing of joy - especially if you do not possess central air

I'm glad you like it, I guess it's a tomatoes/tomahtoes kind of thing.  I'm sure there are things I enjoy that others would be baffled by

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »

I am a total incompetent.  I have no mechanical skills whatsoever.  I was so tired of Nicky and I sufferring through the heat during the summer months.  So, this year I broke down and bought one of these portable(?) air contioners that you didn't have to install in your window.  Since I have sliders, and since I rent; I didn't want to hassle with installing a regular air conditioner in the bedroom and then having to block out the light when I was sleeping.  Also, my bedroom window is about twelve feet off the ground; and you don't want to see me build something on a ladder.

So today I take this thirty-five pound (portable) air conditioner and then sit here for an hour trying to figure out how to install this Window Panel Adapter.  And within the first half hour I have already lost the packet of four screws needed for installation.  And to make it worse, my neighbors in the townhouse to the north are lounging in their backyard and staring at the stooge show I am performing.  Grrrrrrrrr!

Maybe you should ask them if they can help you

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »

I just found out a friend of my from college had a brain aneurysm burst in March. He's a friend on facebook, but I hadn't looked at his wall to see posts from his friends about what happened until today when I posted a birthday greeting.  Looks like he's just getting home from the rehab hospital.  Wow.  I did post on his caringbridge so I can follow his recovery
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:06:36 PM by Cillaliz »

Laura

« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »

Wow, Cillaliz. I am glad he survived and is coming home. I hope his recovery continues.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »

Thanks Laura. We met in an acting class in undergrad and were friends.  We sort of went different ways for a couple years when I started law school. Then when I was starting my third year, I was walking down the hall and there he was...just starting law school!  He was my best friend during that time.   We  reconnected a few years back.  I hope his husband will help him get back on facebook so he can see the messages. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »

Well, there are a lot of things that I would like to ask him; but her, no thanks.  She is not very friendly.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »

Better yet, invite George over for a drink.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

td

• td
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »

Thank you DR Cillaliz for your lovely f.b. comment.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2010, 02:24:01 PM »

I can party with HHW tonight, but, I still will not be watching the Tony Awards show this evening.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »

- our work clothes are being washed so the job can not be attempted again until next Saturday

Obviously, the Master needs to supply two sets of work clothes if he want's to keep up productivity.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:27:37 PM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »

Well, the lap top in the bedroom seems to work ok - only problem is the TV glasses don't work so well with the computer.

der Brucer

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »

I think it's sad that huge theatre fans will not be watching the Tonys. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2010, 02:46:07 PM »

Air conditioning vibes to DR TCB. ~~~~~~~~~~

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Just quickly saying hello, but will be back later for the Tony party.

Must get some food. I'm hungry!!

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2010, 03:05:47 PM »

We went to some fun shops in uptown Normal and then to lunch at Medici.  After lunch we went across to a store that sells Illinois State University swag and realized that it was about to rain.  My niece's car was at the other end of the block, so we gave my mom the wheelchair ride of her life and got there before it really started raining.  Just in time.  We're chillin' at Laura's and I just made clam dip for our Tony par-tay.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »

I was hoping that my niece would want to watch the Tonys with my sister. I think she would like them since she likes to sing and dance. But she said she is going to watch the basketball game with my brother-in-law.

Maybe when she sees the singing and dancing she will be more interested.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »

Today i took my niece swimming since it was quite warm here. I didn't get to swim today since i had to watch her. But i did try to swim beside her with a flutterboard while she was swimming with her noodle.

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »

I think I will eat dinner and then read until the Tonys come on. I am looking foward to the show!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2010, 03:20:32 PM »

Back from various and sundried things, including waiting at the theater for the helper.  Since I saw several members of the cast go in through the front that's where I waited.  When she hadn't arrived by two-thirty, I went in and asked if she'd checked in - no - and she comes in through the back.  So, I ended up waiting until two-forty-five, at which point the stage manager found me and said she'd just arrived and didn't have the box of invoices with her.  I left and then she texted me that she was shooting a video yesterday and couldn't call (yeah) and that she'd call me after the show and was not working tomorrow and could see me then.  I don't even want to see her - I want to have one short conversation after her show (I expect she won't call), and then all I want is for her to drop off the box of invoices tomorrow.  That's it.  I have never in my life had anyone do this sort of stupid, ignorant thing to an EMPLOYER. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »

I am really annoyed right now, but will be calmer when and if she calls.  If she doesn't, she will not be a happy camper.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »

I find the majority of Tony nominations tonight  incredibly boring...I'm considering skipping the whole thing for episodes of Design Star and  Food Network Star.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »

Better yet, invite George over for a drink.

der Brucer

Since neither one of us drink alcohol; that might be a good idea.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »

It is a shame DR George doesn't live closer. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up