Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SAY WHAT?  (Read 16001 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: SAY WHAT?
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2010, 04:59:57 PM »

Mama Vixmom may be scrawny and sick, but she just chased Rex down the hallway. He was terrified. Even Joshie looked awed.

What a good mother protecting her babies.

Jane

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2010, 05:00:50 PM »

I have never not finished a book for a discussion group & take pride in that.  We discuss the book in its entirety & I find it rude when others haven't read the entire book and expect the same consideration when I'm leading a discussion.  Unfortunately, IMHO, too often others haven't finished the book & I never tell them how I feel about that.

I've decided I will read this book during the day & something fun at night.  Usually I don't allow more than a week to read the book we will be discussing.  Boy, am I glad I started this one early.

Oh I get what you are saying. I think that people should be respectful and read the books assigned. But if a person truly hates the book and reads most of it, I would think that was fine.  If I were you I would contact the person who is leading the discussion.  At least that way you show you really care about the club.

Btw, I just stopped off at the library. And guess which book was being displayed up front in the "to read" section. I'll give you one guess ... :)

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. ;)  Please don't say it was The Enchantress of Florence

Yep it was sitting right out in front for anyone to grab! I refrained. ;)

You never know, you might like it.;D

Jane

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »

I've been browsing the book section of the new Costco magazine.  Two books are of interest.  Has anyone read THE LANGUAGE OF TREES by Ruby or WHILE I'M FALLING by Moriarty?

I haven't read those. But I love the Costco book section!

I do too except when the books are stacked taller than I am.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »

I mean in the magazine.

Oh and I also like looking at the Costco book section at the actual store. Although unfortunately for us they only have one big aisle for English books. The other side of the crate is for French books.

Now you tell me, after I commented. :)  I also like the book section in the magazine.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »

DR Jane, you won't find any of the Warner Bros. archive movies at Netflix. These are MOD (made on demand) dvds, which means they are only made when and as they are ordered. Warner's is doing this with their (what are considered) lesser titles that would never otherwise get any type of dvd release.

Thank you for explaining it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »

I think I'm finally done for the day, although I will do a little more work later in the evening. 

Jane

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »

This afternoon I parked at the vet's office & took Sherlock for a nice 40 minute walk before his appointment.   While the incision continues to seep it is healing well enough.  We have to return again on Monday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2010, 05:53:36 PM »

Let me get this straight, the only person on the list who saw the President on The View is a Canadian? :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2010, 05:57:41 PM »

I was in a book club when I lived at the lake.  We weren't big on the discussion portion of the evening. We ended up having food and drink, but we read a lot of good books, some I never would have chosen myself

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »

it is very humid out and boy could I tell it when I came home from work.  I'm supposed to go to an outdoor party tonight, but I'm not going.  It's just too hard for me to breathe when it's this humid.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »

we had nearly 3 inches of rain again yesterday.  Everything is starting to flood around here. Glad I live on a hill

Jane

« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »

Let me get this straight, the only person on the list who saw the President on The View is a Canadian? :D

;D  I noticed that.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »

I was in a book club when I lived at the lake.  We weren't big on the discussion portion of the evening. We ended up having food and drink, but we read a lot of good books, some I never would have chosen myself

We try to stay on track.  It isn't always easy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

I felt a lot better today, but an still in recovery mode.  Tomorrow I want to go to our new Mid American Air Museum grand opening. It starts at 9:00 AM.  I'd like to meet Captain Al Haynes.  He's the pilot that crash landed flight 232 at the Sioux City Airport.  They also have a B1 Bomber there. I'm curious to see one up close.  I'm going to go early.  then I have to go to the sales at the clothing stores to get a few suits that will fit me during my trial later this month

Jane

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2010, 06:05:11 PM »

DR Cilla vibes you get over your breathing problems!

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »

And I may get a new outfit to wear to the receptions during my trip to Toronto ...that's coming up very soon!

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »

Thanks Jane.  I'm really pretty good in the air conditioning. It's VERY humid out tonight...I mean VERY humid...when the weatherman says muggy beyond being soupy out

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2010, 06:08:26 PM »

We are back from our Friday date - seeing TOY STORY 3, Skyline Chili for dinner, and grocery shopping.  The movie was very good and we had an almost private showing.  The only other people in the theatre were a little girl and her grandma.  Guess everybody was across the street at King's Island.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »

I need a new outfit - I haven't bought any clothes, save for my five dollar black t-shirts, in over a year.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2010, 06:13:58 PM »

Paul picked me up this noon and we went to the new Indian resturant in the area.  It was really good!  It wasn't too humid at noon. I didn't have any problems breathing while riding in his air conditioner-less car. After work the humidity level had skyrocketed and it was hard to breathe.  As soon as I'd been in the house awhile I'm fine again.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »

I need a new outfit - I haven't bought any clothes, save for my five dollar black t-shirts, in over a year.

If you were closer I'd invite you to go with me tomorrow...everything is on sale in all the stores around here tomorrow

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »

Good news from DR MBARNUM.

Continued health vibes for DR MATTHEW.

Condolences to DR MISS KAREN, DR CASON and family.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »

Tomorrow....tomorrow.....there is an appointment at the Morgan County Humane Society to choose a......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »

CAT!

Yes we are getting a cat.

Photos will follow of course, if said cat is not hiding when I get home tomorrow evening.

I have not consulted Abby Normal the parakeet about her feelings on a feline addition to the homestead.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:50 PM »

:D  VIBES YOU FIND THE PERFECT MATCH!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:58 PM »

I loved YELLOWSTONE KELLY when I saw it as a kid - there was not enough Edd Byrnes in it for me....but it was a most entertaining western.  It's probably my favorite Clint Walker movie.....right up there with NIGHT OF THE GRIZZLY.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »

How about that! You're getting a cat!!!

Jane

« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »

A cat :o  :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »

Thanks DR JANE - my mother is doing the choosing.....there are several candidates on the website, but of course those kitties may already be gone.....

So - fingers crossed ....

Jane

« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2010, 06:19:28 PM »

DR JRand do you have a particular cat in mind?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up