Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HUNGER  (Read 8456 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE HUNGER
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »

Ah, Conversations with Myself - a masterpiece.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2010, 09:17:59 AM »

Rants in the Pantry, that should be the title of something.

Or perhaps something about Rants Deserting a Sinking Ship.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:21:01 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »

Taking the day "off".  Still, I must visit an auto body repair shop to see about a worn-out door handle mechanism on my Ford Probe.  At 2:30 p.m., I must needs keep a doctor's appointment.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »

Right now, I must needs take myself thither to find a nice latte!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »

Rant on, everyone.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »

NEW CALIFORNIA DEATH CHAMBER:

PARENT DISH

Welcome to the bouncy castle ... of doom.

OK, so doom might be a bit of an overstatement. However, the state of California insists lead levels in inflatable bouncy castles for children pose a significant threat. They are filing a lawsuit against a number of bouncy moguls.

The lawsuit, according to The New York Times, claims some bouncy structures have lead content dozens of times past the federal limit.

"I was surprised," California Attorney General Jerry Brown tells The Times. "But as we test more and more of these products, we find dangers."

Some defendants suspect a political motive behind lawsuit. Brown, once known as "Governor Moonbeam" for his starry-eyed musings about space exploration, is trying to get his old job back in November.

Robert Field, the senior vice president of Cutting Edge Creations Inc. and a defendant in the suit, tells The Times the investigation is a "witch hunt" that could seriously hurt the bouncy industry.

I guess Ginny and I will have to find another form of exercise.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »

I'm about to take my 9:25 RAGTIME Prologue walk around the tables.  I think tomorrow I'll graduate to the basement, where I can make a real circuit with out clipping chairs and table legs.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:07 AM »

yesterday  i went to work at 7 am   i left work at 2 am   now i am off for a four day vacation - i will not be posting

I will be praying for the continued recovery of dear Ginny

see you next week
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:28 AM »

(((((GINNY)))))
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »

Ah, Conversations with Myself - a masterpiece.

Did Mother never warn you of the dangers of "Conversations with Myself"?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2010, 10:00:07 AM »

I'm about to take my 9:25 RAGTIME Prologue walk around the tables.  I think tomorrow I'll graduate to the basement, where I can make a real circuit with out clipping chairs and table legs.

DR Ginny, when I was getting my list of Dos and Don'ts when I left the hospital, the nurse told me to avoid stairs for the first week, but after that I could go up stairs.  "How about down stairs?", I asked.  She looked at my sheets of instructions with a puzzled expression on her face and began flippping the pages back and forth.  "It doesn't say anything here about going down stairs.  You better wait until you talk to the doctor about that."

::)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »

Yeah, DR Dan (the Man), I was also told to avoid stairs for a week, so maybe I should wait 'til Monday for the basement.  Actually, years ago, after abdominal surgery (female), I found going down stairs more problematic than up.

Anyway, today I threw a little figure-8 into the elliptical course, just to change things up a bit.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »

Dan-The-Man, thanks for mentioning THE MOTHER IN LAWS. I may have to check that one out.

You do know there are no bodybuilders in it?

But a very dashing gray-haired Desi Arnaz has a reoccurring guest star role.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »

TOD:

I still have 4 (of 5) movies in the new ERROL FLYNN COLLECTION to watch

Seasons 2 & 3 of MAD MEN

And, assuming it's in the package waiting for me at my mail box place, THE KIM NOVAK COLLECTION.

That should keep me busy.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »

Where is everybody today?

The last post (mine) was almost 2 hours ago.

Is there a parade going by?

A fire engine?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »

Get me off this damn page!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2010, 12:08:17 PM »

BTW: I did get THE KIM NOVAK COLLECTION today.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »

I am happy to report that BK's firmware has been upgraded, and I'm virtually certain that is not a euphemism.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »

Had a really nice time with JMK (and I blamed him, of course) and, as he posted, he did the firmware upgrade on my Blu and Ray player so it should now play all discs perfectly - and to test it, we put in Avatar, which used to not play in that player at all - not even getting to the initial screens - now it loads perfectly - slowly, of course, but perfectly.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2010, 12:55:56 PM »

In today's mail, I received several lovely cards, including one with a very encouraging note from our very own DR Dan (the Man) - thanks so much!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2010, 01:16:24 PM »

Had a really nice time with JMK (and I blamed him, of course) and, as he posted, he did the firmware upgrade on my Blu and Ray player so it should now play all discs perfectly - and to test it, we put in Avatar, which used to not play in that player at all - not even getting to the initial screens - now it loads perfectly - slowly, of course, but perfectly.

Did JMK teach you how to do the firmware updates yourself so that you won't have to wait until the next time he's in California to do it for you?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »

Sorry I didn't post more yesterday, BK. I got a bit of good news: I was promoted to something called an Office Operations Supervisor, or OOS (pronounced "ooze"). There may only be a few weeks left of the census, but it was a nice, out-of-the-blue announcement. It wasn't anything for which I had applied. They made the decision and then told us all about it.

I then went out with a friend and celebrated over a good dinner and a bottle of wine.

My rather battered ego, sore from filing out job applications every day never to hear anything in return, found some much-needed salve in all that.

Congrats on the promotion, John G.! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »

Today is the birthday of Darke County, OH, native Annie Oakley

And if she were alive today, she'd be 150 years old!

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2010, 01:44:33 PM »

It is a slow news day.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2010, 01:46:08 PM »

Beginning today, we will be having 100 degree weather for the next several days.

Now if I were in my swanky, mod new apartment I would be able to use the air conditioning machine. Unfortunately, I am still in my house which relies completely on electrical fans, one in each room.

George

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »

Beginning today, we will be having 100 degree weather for the next several days.

Now if I were in my swanky, mod new apartment I would be able to use the air conditioning machine. Unfortunately, I am still in my house which relies completely on electrical fans, one in each room.

I'm curious, Mike...are you renting your current house or do you own it?

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:16 PM »

I currently own the house, although it is looking like Bank of America will own it in a few weeks, which is Ok by me.

Thom

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2010, 04:05:36 PM »

A slow day on the list. I went out to get a few items from Kroger's around 3 PM. I was on my crutches, but maneuver fairly well with them. I guess I didn't realize how hot and humid it was today in Troy, MI. When I returned to my apartment I had to sit in the car air conditioning before getting out of the car. I had no idea how the weather would effect me. I hope that others are doing better.

George

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »

A slow day on the list. I went out to get a few items from Kroger's around 3 PM. I was on my crutches, but maneuver fairly well with them. I guess I didn't realize how hot and humid it was today in Troy, MI. When I returned to my apartment I had to sit in the car air conditioning before getting out of the car. I had no idea how the weather would effect me. I hope that others are doing better.

~~~Coping with the Heat Vibes for DR Thom!!~~~

George

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up