Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HUNGER  (Read 8462 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE HUNGER
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »

Page four?  At four-thirty?  Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »

Where ARE the errant and truant?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »

Back from a good work session with Kevin Spirtas and John Boswell.  This new show, whose point has been eluding me, now has a point - it came to me while I was listening to Kevin sing through stuff, and I think it's going to really work well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2010, 04:31:23 PM »

Waiting for Damon Kirsche to arrive and get his music, after which I shall jog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »

And my book has just received a really wonderful review over at Talkin' Broadway.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/bookreviews/index.html

George

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »

DR Ginny, when I was getting my list of Dos and Don'ts when I left the hospital, the nurse told me to avoid stairs for the first week, but after that I could go up stairs.  "How about down stairs?", I asked.  She looked at my sheets of instructions with a puzzled expression on her face and began flippping the pages back and forth.  "It doesn't say anything here about going down stairs.  You better wait until you talk to the doctor about that."

::)

Either direction would be a problem for me.  I have two flights of stair up to my bedroom...and then two flights down!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2010, 04:32:45 PM »

And when I followed their link to amazon, imagine my surprise to find the hardcover selling for less money than the softcover - literally more than 50% off the cover price.  If anyone has been waiting, now is a perfect time to get the hardcover at an incredible price.

George

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2010, 05:01:04 PM »

And when I followed their link to amazon, imagine my surprise to find the hardcover selling for less money than the softcover - literally more than 50% off the cover price.  If anyone has been waiting, now is a perfect time to get the hardcover at an incredible price.

But BK, the review says that the book comes with a CD.  Does one get the CD when one orders the book through Amazon? 

George

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2010, 05:01:34 PM »

And congrats on the nice review. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2010, 05:16:46 PM »

T.O.D.

DVD:  WALL-E

CD: PROMISES, PROMISES
      TITANIC - The Musical
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2010, 05:19:03 PM »

Good morning, all! I had a problem getting on the site around 6:45 am.  I as told the server was full.

I have to run some early morning errands before I end up at Toyland for sme music, so I will be leaving shortly to do those. I hope to be back here by 10:30 or so.

TOD
   DVD: two new Netflix items, a bootleg of ADVANCE TO THE REAR
   CD: Guy Haines, Liz Callaway, Jacques Offenbach,
   VCR: smut

I love sme music!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2010, 05:24:27 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS MR. OOS!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »

Good morning, all! I had a problem getting on the site around 6:45 am.  I as told the server was full.

I have to run some early morning errands before I end up at Toyland for sme music, so I will be leaving shortly to do those. I hope to be back here by 10:30 or so.

TOD
   DVD: two new Netflix items, a bootleg of ADVANCE TO THE REAR
   CD: Guy Haines, Liz Callaway, Jacques Offenbach,
   VCR: smut

I love sme music!

I bet you do!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »

Hey everybody.  Up early here this morning.  I'm off to SF to teach a workshop about Gestures, Movement, and Dance as a form of Prayer in the classroom.  (or something like that).  I'll be there all day so I may be E&T.  This evening, I'm going to see Miss Betty Buckley at Yoshi's in SF.  Should be a great day.  I'll try and have a full report tonight or tomorrow morning.  We are down to 2 days before the DP's family arrives, and things are still not quite together.  I'm about 2 days behind.  Hoping for a miracle in the next 48 hours. 

TOD - I had dreams last night that had the music to Billy Elliot in them.  So I'm listening to the OLC at the moment.  Other than that, probably a podcast on the way to SF.

Matthew, how are you feeling?

Thanks for asking, DR Elmore.  Today has been a good day (last night was not).  However, I think I'm going to begin to eliminate milk from my diet.  Today, I have had no milk products and I've been great.  Last night, grilled cheese sandwich with Jarlsberg cheese and that made me miserable - I think that's what it was.  So, we'll see.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »

I've finished the "Meadowlark" adjustments, and I'm having some dinner. After that, a bath, and after that, I'll watch ADVANCE TO THE REAR. I've never seen the film but I love the New Christy Minstrels soundtrack.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2010, 05:28:36 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »

Congratulations on the promotion, JohnG.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2010, 05:31:33 PM »

Of course there's a link to this here site from Kritzerland.

Maybe we could all change our screen names to initials (too late for me) of famous people; and for our avatars use pictures of those famous people.  Then all the newbies checking out  the site would think they had hit the mother lode of celebrity sites!

“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »

I'm sitting in Starbucks in the Fillmore district of SF waiting for my show date, Martin, to arrive.  Martin and I did two of the camp shows this summer.  He directed, I musical directed.  We make a great team, if I should say so myself.  We well then hie ourselves over a few blocks to Yoshi's for a lovely dinner show featuring Miss Betty Buckley. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »

Hey everybody.  Up early here this morning.  I'm off to SF to teach a workshop about Gestures, Movement, and Dance as a form of Prayer in the classroom.  (or something like that).  I'll be there all day so I may be E&T.  This evening, I'm going to see Miss Betty Buckley at Yoshi's in SF.  Should be a great day.  I'll try and have a full report tonight or tomorrow morning.  We are down to 2 days before the DP's family arrives, and things are still not quite together.  I'm about 2 days behind.  Hoping for a miracle in the next 48 hours. 

TOD - I had dreams last night that had the music to Billy Elliot in them.  So I'm listening to the OLC at the moment.  Other than that, probably a podcast on the way to SF.

Matthew, how are you feeling?

Perhaps you should ask "after" he sees Betty Buckley.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »

As part of my rare video watching for the weekend I am watching A Star Is Born (1954). I've started with the bonus material. They had the kinoscope of the premiere at the Pantages. They paraded stars passed the microphone. Some there for a few seconds some maybe a minute.

Two people got me to do a little research.

Raymond Burr was there with Evelyn Russell and Frank Vitti. Frank Vitti was introduced as a sailor just back from Korea. (Wearing his sailor suit) Knowing what I now about Burr, it turns out that he lived in Burr's home for several years in the 1950s and was referred to in the press as Burr's "nephew". (Quotes mine"

The other was Jacques Mappes who came with Anne Sheridan. I knew that Mappes was set designer and was Ross Hunter's life partner. I wonder if they were together at this time has he has no credits as set designer after 1954. (The premier was  late 1954)
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »

I'm sitting in Starbucks in the Fillmore district of SF waiting for my show date, Martin, to arrive.  Martin and I did two of the camp shows this summer.  He directed, I musical directed.  We make a great team, if I should say so myself.  We well then hie ourselves over a few blocks to Yoshi's for a lovely dinner show featuring Miss Betty Buckley. 

Lucky you!

td

• td
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2010, 06:15:51 PM »

I am listening to, in no particular order:

Kirsty Maccoll - many, many songs
PROMISES, PROMISES OLC
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace with God
The Smothers Brothers - Live at The Purple Onion

Last night, as stated, I watched THE MIST on dvd.  Tonight, I shall probably watch it again in black and white.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »

And my book has just received a really wonderful review over at Talkin' Broadway.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/bookreviews/index.html

Glad to see that my friend Bob gave you a glowing review!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »

Thanks for all of the well wishes about the job. My first major act, unfortunately, will be to help decide which four of the 10 people on the staff stay after the next and probably last job cut!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »

Congratulations, George, on your posting milestone.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »

Dan-the-Man, it's funny you should mention "The Mothers-In-Law." I was just thinking of that show the other day. I was a little kid when that aired and I remember laughing myself silly at Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard. It wasn't until years later that I ever learned they had anything to do with musicals.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2010, 06:49:07 PM »

Great review, BK!
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up