Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SO, GOOD  (Read 13044 times)

Cillaliz

Re: SO, GOOD
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 08:04:46 AM »

He has now explored nearly every nook and cranny of the house, had Boo hiss and swat at him numerous times and even got Callie a little ticked off, not that easy a thing to do.  But it's going amazingly well.  I'm considering leaving him out of the room when I go do my errands.   He has no fear, but he really isn't a fighter, so I think they will be ok.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 08:11:06 AM »

The next Gardenia show sounds great, bk. Wish I could be out on the West Coast to see it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 08:11:11 AM »

It's really quiet right now, that concerns me a bit, lol.  I know they will be fine together, it's more me being worried about it.  This is just so much easier than introducing Callie and Boo that I'm a bit surprised

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »

Think I'll see if they are all alive and then go to the last outdoor farmer's market of the season.  I also need to go to petco....we're going through lots more food and litter.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 08:20:57 AM »

I've been making pumpkin oatmeal. I always make oatmeal with milk. Then I added a couple spoons of canned pumpkin and some cinnamon sugar and pecans.

This sounds good. I don't use milk but I do use cinnamon (not cinnamon sugar, just cinnamon) and walnuts or pecans

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I were out quite late (for us) last night.  The Miami University concert was really 2 for 1 - Men's Glee Club before intermission, Collegiate Chorale (men and women) after.  Both groups are led this year by an interim conductor, an engaging young man who recently completed his doctorate at Cincinnati's College Conservatory of Music.  He was a little nervous last night, but he did a fine job with both groups.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »

We also had oatmeal for breakfast - Richard's with raisins, mine with brown sugar.  Yum!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »

I am happy to report the new issue of Jewish Review has a nice article with the headline:

TV ICON BRUCE KIMMEL AT RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:11:47 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2010, 09:08:14 AM »

There's also a nice IV with Gretchen Jones in this morning's Oregonian.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »

I have heard from the "indie" newspaper in Portland, one whose founder just happens to be someone I know, that they will be featuring a Kimmel article next week.

I hope some of our regulars are considering journeying to Portland for the festivities.  Any/all are welcome to camp out chez K.

JMK

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2010, 09:12:06 AM »

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2010, 09:14:44 AM »

Nice article - wish I could travel to my birthplace for the event!

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »

Looking forward to seeing BK and other HHW gang members next weekend!!

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2010, 09:38:16 AM »

I also had my oatmeal this morning.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2010, 09:38:29 AM »

Wish I could go, but am tending to the Wild Kingdom....which seems to have a quiet truce going on at the moment.  I think it is now safe to venture out.   I shall returen

FJL

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2010, 09:40:33 AM »

Vibes for Druxy's wife

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »

We had a bit of a scare yesterday when my nephew Daniel, who has been going through chemo, had to go to the hospital because he was having trouble breathing and was coughing up blood.

Thankfully it turned out the  blood was not coming from his lungs but from the back of his throat...evidently his coughing had caused that.

He is back home now, and the  doctors are even thinking that he might not need to go through his final round of chemo, for which I know Daniel will be very happy about. He is eager to get back to normal and to get back to work.

JMK

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2010, 09:41:07 AM »

Looking forward to seeing BK and other HHW gang members next weekend!!

And by next weekend I assume you mean November 12-13.  :)

FJL

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »

I had oatmeal for breakfast Thursday and Friday.  (just not to feel left out)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »

DR FJL, CONTINUED HEARING VIBES!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »

Time to get some things done around the apartment. My buddy Ron is bringing his partner Patrick over to see the new place (Ron has already seen it), then I am taking Ron out for his birthday lunch.

Ben

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »

Doris Day fans, she is giving a very rare interview to be broadcast at 1:30pm New York time on

WNYC Radio

It's on the FM station and it will stream live. Jonathan Schwartz will conduct the interview. The program is on now (from 12 noon to 4pm). Make sure 93.9 is highlighted and then click listen now. A new window will open and the program will begin.

Again, the Doris Day interview will take place at 1:30 Eastern Standard Time on WNYC Radio 93.9FM.

I don't know if it will be available on the Web site after the program is over. It's not the iPlayer so I'm not familiar with their scheduling.

FJL

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »

MBarnum - good to hear it wasn't as bad as feared at first!

FJL

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2010, 09:43:34 AM »

Thanks for the continued Unemployment Insurance vibes.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

Vibes for DR MBarnum's nephew Daniel!

Jane

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2010, 09:45:34 AM »

I am happy to report the new issue of Jewish Review has a nice article with the headline:

TV ICON BRUCE KIMMEL AT RAVE IN THE NAVE

:D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for DR FJL, MBarnum's nephew, MBarnum's Mental Health, and all in need! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »

We had a bit of a scare yesterday when my nephew Daniel, who has been going through chemo, had to go to the hospital because he was having trouble breathing and was coughing up blood.

Thankfully it turned out the  blood was not coming from his lungs but from the back of his throat...evidently his coughing had caused that.

He is back home now, and the  doctors are even thinking that he might not need to go through his final round of chemo, for which I know Daniel will be very happy about. He is eager to get back to normal and to get back to work.

Thank goodness is lungs are ok.  I've only heard of people stopping chemo early because they were too ill to continue.  This is good news indeed!  Either way, MEGA VIBES THE CANCER NEVER RETURNS!!!!

Kerry

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2010, 09:54:52 AM »

TOD: Pimento Cheese. I wrote about it a week or so ago. Have been making it for weeks. Can't get enough.
http://www.savorsa.com/2010/10/griffin-to-go-awakening-my-inner-pimento-cheese-monster/
My Southern grandmother made Pimento cheese.  I didn't like it as a little kid but discovered its appeal a few years later.  I've never had any that tasted like hers since.  I miss that particular taste.
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2010, 09:56:09 AM »

DR Elmore - about the car rental:  Richard and I got a small discount in Florida because I used a code from my Michigan Alumni Association.  Maybe Miami has something similar?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up