Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SO, GOOD  (Read 13201 times)

Cillaliz

Re: SO, GOOD
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2010, 12:31:01 PM »

My grandmother loved pimento cheese

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »

Variety will not let me register to read the Kritzerland article.  Harumph.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »

I was going to go shopping today, but I am really enjoying just sitting.  Maybe I'll move all my outdoor furniture into the garage for the winter.  That will only take about 20 minutes.  It's beautiful outside.  Then I do need to vacuum. 

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »

I took a 30-minute walk around the basement, folded some laundry, and puttered a bit at the package-wrapping table.  Now it's time to clean up, get my Go Blue gear on for tonight's game against Penn State, and put together a chicken & rice dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2010, 01:23:53 PM »

My apartment is a complete disaster: I consolidated my CDs, removed a CD rack which holds around 350 CDs, and carted the rack to the basement. Then I redid another shelf which holds a lot of DVD and moved around several filinging cabinets, only to decide I need to buy one more filing cabinet. I'll do that next week. I can't do much else till the new cabinet arrives so I've got piles of books sitting on the floor. I think I'll move them all to one area of the apartment and call it quits for now.

Then I'll go out for a walk.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »

DR elmore--regarding renting a car:  I have to again sing the praises of priceline.com.  While you don't know the company you're renting from until your bid is accepted, there's nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned.   They tell you whether it's an airport location or in a town/city.  I've always rented from the airport location so there was never a problem.   I've bid as low as $15 for a mid-size car and been accepted (of course there are taxes and fees, but the full price is shown before you bid).

KevinH

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »

I really enjoyed hearing Doris Day-she sure doesn't sound like she's 86!   I'd like to meet her some time and tell her how much I've enjoyed her music and movies over the years.

KevinH

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2010, 01:32:55 PM »

DR elmore--all your talk about organizing and cleaning has motivated me to do the same!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »

I left for about 1 1/2 hours and came home.  I walked in the door and it was silent.  Oh, oh....then one by one the three cats came up the basement stairs.  All alive and all in one piece.  Not friends but all alive.   This is a very good sign. Lots of vocalizing from Boo, but that's ok.  Ricky backs down immediately, so he's accepting his place in the pecking order.  Another very good sign

That's great!!!!! :)

Ben

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »

I really enjoyed hearing Doris Day-she sure doesn't sound like she's 86!   I'd like to meet her some time and tell her how much I've enjoyed her music and movies over the years.

I agree. She sounds great. It's funny that she thinks people might not know who she is just by hearing her voice. It's certainly aged and deepened but as soon as you hear it you know it's Doris Day. Jonathan Schwartz said they spoke for about 2 hours. They cut the interview down to about 65 minutes. I would love to hear the rest of the stuff and hear her talk more about her movie and television work.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »

DR elmore--all your talk about organizing and cleaning has motivated me to do the same!
Am too tired today to get motivated to do the same. My Pilates class took it out of me. But I would like someone else who's motivated to come clean my mess.

Don't think that will quite work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »

I don't know what we will have for dinner. We will eat around 6pm after Beverley. Maybe just some soup. We ate dinner out last night (our usual Friday night date) at one of our favorite places, Lasagna, and we both ate too much. I had chicken with porcini mushrooms and Anthony had spinach fettuccine with artichokes in a pink sauce. We then had dessert which we don't usually do. I had Tiramisu and Anthony had pumpkin cheesecake. It was a nice way to break in the cool fall weather.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2010, 01:57:54 PM »

This year's "Carols for a Cure" came in the mail today. Some good cuts. Some that will take a little getting used to. I like the cast of "La Cage" merging "We Need a Little Christmas" and "The Best of Times" together. And Bernadette Peters is lovely on "Jul, Jul." Marin Mazzie and Jason D. are good on "What Child is This." And Jackie Hoffman is a hoot on "It's Chanukah."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »

I just got up. It's going to be a long week at work starting Monday. I may have to work later than I usually do this Friday  because our deadline is Friday November 5th but I'll still be there to see Dear Amy's film.

Just got the times for the film, Ben:
1:00-2:50-4:40-6:30-8:20-10:10

Peter and I will be at there before and after the 6:30 show. There won't be much time to do a Q&A after but perhaps a short one. I think the distributor wants to squeeze in a lot of screenings to our numbers look good. If  we have a good turnout in NY (and LA) the first week and it gets held over, then there will be a better chance for it to spread to other theatres. We've already picked up another theatre in Long Island at Sag Harbor.

After the 6:30 show we'll probably run out for a bite somewhere nearby and then come back for the end of the 8:20 film and go out for a drink or something afterwards.

Unfortunately, Greg has to work so he won't be able to join us. :-( But we'll party on anyway!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »

I just got up. It's going to be a long week at work starting Monday. I may have to work later than I usually do this Friday  because our deadline is Friday November 5th but I'll still be there to see Dear Amy's film.

Come to the 8:20 show if you have to work late. My mom would love to meet Ant---she's a fan of his work!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2010, 02:22:09 PM »

Vibes to Mrs. Druxy!

Edisaurus

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »

Doris Day fans, she is giving a very rare interview to be broadcast at 1:30pm New York time on

WNYC Radio

It's on the FM station and it will stream live. Jonathan Schwartz will conduct the interview. The program is on now (from 12 noon to 4pm). Make sure 93.9 is highlighted and then click listen now. A new window will open and the program will begin.

Again, the Doris Day interview will take place at 1:30 Eastern Standard Time on WNYC Radio 93.9FM.

I don't know if it will be available on the Web site after the program is over. It's not the iPlayer so I'm not familiar with their scheduling.

I now know what Jonathan Schwartz looks like (I listen to him on satellite radio) but I don't see anything about Doris Day.  I will miss the broadcast & hope I can listen to it later.

He was in our Mercer doc, and gave a great interview. He was also the only interviewee to call the director on his inane line of questioning!

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

Chicken & rice is in the oven and I've been watching Iowa demolish Michigan State.  DR Cillaliz, is it as warm in Iowa as the people in short sleeves make it look?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

Ben

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2010, 03:08:16 PM »

I made it on to Showtime this week with a review of La Cage. The show will be re-broadcast tomorrow, 9pm Cardiff time. They "fall back" on Sunday so the time will be an hour earlier I believe which is 3pm NY time. Just click on Listen Live tomorrow and enjoy. I'm about 35 minutes into the show.

Radio Wales

If you don't want to or can't listen live tomorrow then you can use the BBC iPlayer. I'll post that link after the program goes up so you can jump directly to the show.

Ben

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »

Amy, we will probably be able to get to the 6:30 show. I prefer that one anyway. I'm gettin' to be an old man and a movie at 8:20 sounds late to me ;)

Jane

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

I don't know what we will have for dinner. We will eat around 6pm after Beverley. Maybe just some soup. We ate dinner out last night (our usual Friday night date) at one of our favorite places, Lasagna, and we both ate too much. I had chicken with porcini mushrooms and Anthony had spinach fettuccine with artichokes in a pink sauce. We then had dessert which we don't usually do. I had Tiramisu and Anthony had pumpkin cheesecake. It was a nice way to break in the cool fall weather.
I like Ant's dinner. :)

Jane

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2010, 04:09:39 PM »

We had a bit of a scare yesterday when my nephew Daniel, who has been going through chemo, had to go to the hospital because he was having trouble breathing and was coughing up blood.

Thankfully it turned out the  blood was not coming from his lungs but from the back of his throat...evidently his coughing had caused that.

He is back home now, and the  doctors are even thinking that he might not need to go through his final round of chemo, for which I know Daniel will be very happy about. He is eager to get back to normal and to get back to work.

~~~Continued Vibes for MBarnum's Nephew Daniel!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »

Here in fact is the Jewish Review article:

http://www.jewishreview.org/arts/TV-icon-Bruce-Kimmel-at-Rave-in-the-Nave

Nice!  I plan to be there! :D

I suppose I should actually buy a ticket first. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2010, 04:19:51 PM »

I just noticed that about the tickets...I can't buy them right this very second, though.  I'm getting ready to go to a wedding, then a reception. :)

Be back later!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »

Thanks for the original link, DR BEN.

Doris Day interview on this page.....what a great listen!

http://culture.wnyc.org/articles/features/2010/oct/30/celebrating-hollywood-legend-doris-day/#comments
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »

Here's a direct link to the BBC iPlayer with Beverley's show and my review of La Cage. It's about 32 minutes into the show. Beverley plays a clip from Phantom (with Sara Brightman and Cliff Richard) and then introduces me.

Click on the picture of Beverley to play the show.

BBC Radio Wales Showtime

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »

Chicken & rice is in the oven and I've been watching Iowa demolish Michigan State.  DR Cillaliz, is it as warm in Iowa as the people in short sleeves make it look?

It was a beautiful day today. I had my windows open all day.  I was ripping wall paper off the room upstairs while Callie Boo and Ricky were terrorizing each other.   I could hear them, but decided they have to figure things out.  Boo is the most upset.  Ricky came up to see me, then Boo came up to see me.  When I finally came downstairs Callie and Boo were on the dining room table, Ricky was on the floor and the girls were hissing and howling at him.  He does follow them around and they can't shake him.

Anyway, he was so wound up....I finally realized that every time he tried to eat the girls would hiss and stop him from eating.  I took him up to his room and he ate and ate and ate and ate.  He has really calmed down. So we are back downstairs.  The girls are not amused.  I think I'm going to sleep in his room with the door shut tongiht.  I've cleaned and vacuumed in there and with the windows open all day it just faintly smells like sulfur

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »

I've decided Ricky is that kid that tries way to hard to be friends and no matter what someone says or does to him, he's right there.  You want him to go away because he's such a pest but when he's gone you miss him.   The minute we came back downstairs,  He calmly curled up and started howling from the other side of the room.   can't wait until this phase is over
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up