Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S WHAT  (Read 17126 times)

Cillaliz

Re: WHAT'S WHAT
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2010, 12:04:26 PM »

Ricky goes to the vet on Wednesday eve to prep for his surgery Thurs AM.   I could drop him off on Thursday morning, but it's really hard to keep him away from the food while he's in the house and still have it out for Callie and Boo.   He'll be ok for one night.  Then he'll be neutered and can come home and recover,

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »

The vet prefers bringing him in the night before and doesn't charge extra for it

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2010, 12:18:41 PM »

The vet prefers bringing him in the night before and doesn't charge extra for it

I hope the trauma doesn't change his personality!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »

If Courtney Love has said that she always looks her best after sex, I can only imagine what's happened before this shot was taken!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2010, 12:29:47 PM »

ANTI BULLY VIBES FOR DAKOTA CELT

It is not my area- but shouldn't the Americans with Disabilities Act have some sort of provisions for prohibiting exactly this type of employer harrasment?

ND has issues with ADA and only honored it when federal charges have been threatened.  ND has not anti-bullying laws and the interpret the Right to work Act as we an do anything we damn well please because you are not important
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »

Am having problems with yahoo mail this morning. Anybody else having troubles with it or is it just my connection?

Mine has been temperamental lately also
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »

The sad part about the bullying is that I am not the only person... several are being targetted due to age, one woman was FORCED into retirement because of a broken arm and gays are targetted relentlessly. Wrong on so many levels..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »

TOD

Miracle on 42nd Street
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2010, 12:52:47 PM »

Looking forward to the resolution, DR JANE.

Three people now who are not happy about my treatment.  They get enough flack for just doing their job & don't need outrageous incidents like this.

I hope they change their ways..

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2010, 01:48:39 PM »

Maybe this can get the discussion going today at HHW.  ;D

;D

Jane

« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »

Ricky goes to the vet on Wednesday eve to prep for his surgery Thurs AM.   I could drop him off on Thursday morning, but it's really hard to keep him away from the food while he's in the house and still have it out for Callie and Boo.   He'll be ok for one night.  Then he'll be neutered and can come home and recover,

I suggest putting Ricky & his carrier in the car & making a quick run back into the house to put Boo & Callie's food down before you leave.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »

TOD -

Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas
Scrooge
Miracle on 34th Street (original)
The Muppet's Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol - The Musical

How could I forget Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas??  I love this!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »

I would not do that unless I had no other choice.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »

I hope the trauma doesn't change his personality!

MEGA VIBES IT DOESN'T!!!

Jane

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2010, 01:56:12 PM »

Looking forward to the resolution, DR JANE.

Three people now who are not happy about my treatment.  They get enough flack for just doing their job & don't need outrageous incidents like this.

I hope they change their ways..

It was only one person.  I understand they get grumpy sometimes but this was beyond anything I have ever experienced.  I really hope it isn't his usual behavior.

George

« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »

And I forgot "Groundhog Day."  I love this movie!  I can't wait for Sondheim's musical version!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »

For those that care:

Bruce Vilanch's mother lives in Boca Raton. Mr. Vilanch came into Fedex. He was suprised that I recognized him. (I was the only one who did. No surprise there :-) )
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »

My favorite Thanksgiving movie is Trains , Planes & Automobiles

My sister loves this movie.  I've only seen it once and for some reason, couldn't handle all the crap that was happening to Steve Martin. :P

George

« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »

Druxy, she's looks a little like Amy Adams. For those who look at her face.

That's exactly what I was thinking! ::)

;)

Jane

« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »

Now I have to call FX radio, AGAIN, and deal with them.  In April they quoted me a price for five months and said it would automatically renew at that price.  Five months later they upped the cost a little and said I would be charged that price quarterly.  Nineteen days later they charged me more than double the amount and now say it is a monthly charge.  I had to insist multiple times and argue to be put through to a supervisor before I was left on hold for ten minutes listening to horrible music.  I finally hung up to go for a hike.

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »

Sorry to read about DR Elmore's train-pain last night.  Right now, I am in love with the conductor on my Philly-bound train after work.  In my eight months of train commuting, she is the first and only conductor to ever enforce the rules on the Quiet Car.  She has no problem with going up to the loudly chatting people and telling them to be quiet and to go after cell phone idiots.  Of course, some people will be childish and make comments about her behind her back, but so far she's kept the Quiet Car quiet...

What is the quiet car? I've never heard of such a thing. Can you not make any noise at all?

Jane

« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »

My favorite Thanksgiving movie is Trains , Planes & Automobiles

My sister loves this movie.  I've only seen it once and for some reason, couldn't handle all the crap that was happening to Steve Martin. :P

While I think it is a funny movie I can understand why you felt bad for Steve Martin. ;D

Jane

« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2010, 02:02:56 PM »

Sorry to read about DR Elmore's train-pain last night.  Right now, I am in love with the conductor on my Philly-bound train after work.  In my eight months of train commuting, she is the first and only conductor to ever enforce the rules on the Quiet Car.  She has no problem with going up to the loudly chatting people and telling them to be quiet and to go after cell phone idiots.  Of course, some people will be childish and make comments about her behind her back, but so far she's kept the Quiet Car quiet...

What is the quiet car? I've never heard of such a thing. Can you not make any noise at all?

Think of a library, or the way libraries used to be.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2010, 02:08:28 PM »

Courtney Love looks a bit like a drug addled Angelina Jolie in that pic.

JR, I am a PC, though BK ranted while here that I should be a Mac.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »

Attention please!

We have a butterfly.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »

I watched AIRPORT 77 last night......the one with the big airliner crashing in the Bermuda Triangle and sinking to the bottom.....

Brenda Vacarro and Pamela Bellwood had a short 2 minute scene that was worth all the scenery chewing Miss Lee (Watch Me Work My Method) Grant did in the rest of the movie.....  My guess is that there were cheers in the theatre when Miss Grant met her soggy demise.....well, her double anyway....wearing Lee's rings.
I loved that one. It was soooo awful. Jack Lemmon at his worst, too, if I recall correctly.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »

Courtney Love looks a bit like a drug addled Angelina Jolie in that pic.

JR, I am a PC, though BK ranted while here that I should be a Mac.
Now, now, Courtney Love looked a bit like a drug-addled Angelina Jolie years before there was ever an Angelina Jolie.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »

And I forgot "Groundhog Day."  I love this movie!  I can't wait for Sondheim's musical version!!

;)
I love that movie, too. But I don't think Sondheim is still working on the musical version, though I could have heard wrong. Sad, because it could have been great.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2010, 03:10:21 PM »

;)
I love that movie, too. But I don't think Sondheim is still working on the musical version, though I could have heard wrong. Sad, because it could have been great.

No, you didn't hear wrong.  It was a joke.  I think I remember hearing/reading that Sondheim had never really worked on it...he said something like it was the kind of movie that he'd like to turn into a musical.

George

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up