Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES, IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES  (Read 45121 times)

Ginny

Re: IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES, IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »

DR Elmore, I can still hear you from up in the house saying, "Oh, my God!  Oh, my God!"  All I could think was to get up into the light so you could see that I was OK.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

To me, the problem with "Inception" was Leonardo DiCaprio. His performance, at times, was just embarrassing. He was a black hole at the center of "Shutter Island," too. I just don't see why people keep hiring him. He's nowhere near the actor he's made out to be.

Thank you, John G.  I couldn't agree more.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »

Naturally, if Oprah's going to choose someone dead like Dickens, there must be a YouTube parody about it.

As living authors turn all holiday-green with envy, Oprah Winfrey selects two Dickens novels (Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations) as her 65th Book Club selection. 

We gently parody the selection through a number from perhaps the most famous Dickens musical.

AS LONG AS SHE READS ME - featuring the vocal stylings of Charles Dickens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haBeWfW-tYY

I'll have to check this out when I get home tonight...YouTube doesn't seem to work for me, here at work. :-\

YouTube at work is working now...I've sent it to some co-workers, Fred! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »

Does anybody else think that the Ronni Chasen murder is getting a bit strange?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/12/09/skeptical-ronni-chasen-murder-robbery-gone-wrong/

I read that OJ killed her.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »

That was funny, FJL.

I didn't have to turn it off.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »

I love the Jeanette MacDonald movie Smilin' Through about couples who meet and miss each other during time....it is most enjoyable....in color....and makes me cry each time I watch it.

Yes DR MBARNUM you have a DVD of my starring performance in NEVER TOO LATE from Putnam County Playhouse last September!  Watch it if you dare.

What?  How does Mikey rate?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2010, 04:43:04 PM »

Ugh... I just got sick to my stomach reading a report that the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing at Elizabeth Edwards' funeral...

That congregation should be euthanized on grounds of terminal assholism.

I know it's in the spirit of "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth", but I wonder if anyone pickets the funerals of members of the Westboro Baptist Church?

Probably no need.  I think everyone realizes where they will be going.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »

Well, this is an interesting story...first Joe Brooks (of "You Light Up My Life" fame) was in trouble with the law.  Now, it looks like his son might also be.  Designer dead at NYC hotel, composer's son grilled:

Sylvie Cachay, 33, was found in a Soho House room after police received a call from the Manhattan hotel at about 3 a.m., police said. Water had been leaking from a ceiling, and hotel staff went to the floor above, where they found Cachay, dressed in a sweater and underwear, submerged in the tub.

Cachay's boyfriend, Nicholas Brooks, the 24-year-old son of "You Light Up My Life" songwriter Joseph Brooks, was seen leaving the hotel earlier and returned at about 3:30 a.m. to find police there, the law enforcement official said. In an unrelated case, the father is fighting charges that accuse him of molesting would-be actresses in his Manhattan apartment.

<SNIP>

The younger Brooks had not been charged with any crime. Police said he was speaking to investigators without an attorney earlier in the day, and it was unclear if he had retained a lawyer.

:-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »

Ugh... I just got sick to my stomach reading a report that the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing at Elizabeth Edwards' funeral...

Why on earth are they picketing her funeral....

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2010, 05:00:14 PM »

From Jose:
DR Jane - If your text messaging works outside of your house, then it should work in your house. In general, if you can receive and make calls in your house, then you should be able to send and receive texts too.

As for checking your messages from a land line, the usual protocol is dialing your own number, then pressing # or *. That should bring up your voicemail menu, prompting you to enter your PIN.

Here are the instructions from T-Mobil's website: Calling voicemail from a landline

Thanks.

Cell phone service at our house has always been terrible.  Often the phone will ring but I can't talk, but at least it rang & I could see who called.  I could send text messages & receive them in a few areas in the house.  Now texting rarely works and sending them is almost impossible or can take an hour unless I go outside.  It is getting rather cold to stand outside.

Standing outside is what I had to do in order to call for my PIN so I can check voice mail from a land line.

I hope you still have a land line, in case of emergency

FJL

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »

I thought I said it in a post above.  Except for knowing Jrand who knows Luther Creek, we know no one involved.

I don;t think the show was ready for the critics as of a week ago, but as someone who thinks it's OK for Taymor and Berger to mess with the comic book story, I hate to see it not gte a fair shake - and I don't think it should be held to a higher standard than other shows in terms of mishaps and such.

That said, I am glad I was sitting both times where no one could possibly land on me. :)   I hated being almost under the car at CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, for example.

FJL

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »

Thanks to John G, Ginny, George, and Laura.

FJL

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2010, 05:05:13 PM »

I think someone burned the photos of me playing Lucy at Camp Loyaltown.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »

I will defend ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE until I breath my last.  8)

LOL!!! I love you MBarnum...you always make me smile

Cillaliz

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »

I thought I said it in a post above.  Except for knowing Jrand who knows Luther Creek, we know no one involved.

I don;t think the show was ready for the critics as of a week ago, but as someone who thinks it's OK for Taymor and Berger to mess with the comic book story, I hate to see it not gte a fair shake - and I don't think it should be held to a higher standard than other shows in terms of mishaps and such.

That said, I am glad I was sitting both times where no one could possibly land on me. :)   I hated being almost under the car at CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG, for example.

Do you mean held to a higher standard than every other $60 million musical?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »

This site is behaving VERY erratically.  I wrote our host and they immediately blamed Time Warner.  Only I'm not having trouble with ANY other sites on the Internet and if it was Time Warner I would be.  I wrote them back asking them to check again.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2010, 05:10:28 PM »

Cute FJL.  I like your parodies

FJL

« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »

TCB - I'm guessing that $65-million includes a lot of "false starts" along the way.  To me, except for the costs of the flying and the projections, I don't get why it costs much more than SHREK or MARY POPPINS.

FJL

« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »

Thanks, Cilla.

Laura

« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2010, 05:15:46 PM »

Did Chitty Chitty Bang Bang fly over the audience? It didn't on the tour.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »

Why on earth are they picketing her funeral....

She must have had some brilliant thought that vibrated the braces on their tiny brains.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »

Miracle of miracles, I was sitting at lunch with Paul today and my phone rang...it was my brother telling me that my nephew and his family were going to be at their house for their family Christmas this weekend and he invited me to come up and see them.  I almost fell off my chair.   Of course he also said they are coming today and will be leaving Saturday.

I had 1 meeting, two appointments and a funeral to go to on Friday, but I didn't want to wait until Saturday because there is a winter storm warning for the county they live in for Friday night, so I rescheduled Friday (and will miss the funeral - not a close friend) and am leaving first thing in the morning.  I'll spend the day there and get home before dark when the storm is supposed to hit.  I do have the cat sitter on stand by

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »

In happier news...

It turns out a friend of mine is playing in the band for Donny and Marie's Christmas Show here in NYC, and he had an extra ticket for their opening night tonight. :)

can I be his friend too?

;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Laura

« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2010, 05:57:14 PM »

Jose, I really do think you should get an autograph for Vixmom.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2010, 06:01:02 PM »

Naturally, if Oprah's going to choose someone dead like Dickens, there must be a YouTube parody about it.

As living authors turn all holiday-green with envy, Oprah Winfrey selects two Dickens novels (Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations) as her 65th Book Club selection. 

We gently parody the selection through a number from perhaps the most famous Dickens musical.

AS LONG AS SHE READS ME - featuring the vocal stylings of Charles Dickens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haBeWfW-tYY

I'll have to check this out when I get home tonight...YouTube doesn't seem to work for me, here at work. :-\

I'm sure you will enjoy it. :)

Jane

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2010, 06:04:43 PM »

From Jose:
DR Jane - If your text messaging works outside of your house, then it should work in your house. In general, if you can receive and make calls in your house, then you should be able to send and receive texts too.

As for checking your messages from a land line, the usual protocol is dialing your own number, then pressing # or *. That should bring up your voicemail menu, prompting you to enter your PIN.

Here are the instructions from T-Mobil's website: Calling voicemail from a landline

Thanks.

Cell phone service at our house has always been terrible.  Often the phone will ring but I can't talk, but at least it rang & I could see who called.  I could send text messages & receive them in a few areas in the house.  Now texting rarely works and sending them is almost impossible or can take an hour unless I go outside.  It is getting rather cold to stand outside.

Standing outside is what I had to do in order to call for my PIN so I can check voice mail from a land line.

I hope you still have a land line, in case of emergency

Absolutely!  I don't even use my cell all that much.  I did text Bryan today, while out not at home, because it is the best way to communicate with him with I want a quick response.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2010, 06:05:13 PM »

I will defend ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE until I breath my last.  8)

LOL!!! I love you MBarnum...you always make me smile

Me too. :)

Jane

« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »

Miracle of miracles, I was sitting at lunch with Paul today and my phone rang...it was my brother telling me that my nephew and his family were going to be at their house for their family Christmas this weekend and he invited me to come up and see them.  I almost fell off my chair.   Of course he also said they are coming today and will be leaving Saturday.

I had 1 meeting, two appointments and a funeral to go to on Friday, but I didn't want to wait until Saturday because there is a winter storm warning for the county they live in for Friday night, so I rescheduled Friday (and will miss the funeral - not a close friend) and am leaving first thing in the morning.  I'll spend the day there and get home before dark when the storm is supposed to hit.  I do have the cat sitter on stand by

I'm glad you were able to change your schedule and accept the invitation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up