Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IT"S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS  (Read 41430 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: IT"S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »

So today, our HR manager sent out this e-mail:

To All:

New Year's Eve Early Closure – The Library Director has indicated that libraries and the Service Center will close at 6:00PM on Friday, 12/31/2010. 

This is not paid holiday time so staff who are regularly scheduled to work beyond 6:00PM that evening will need to use vacation time or coordinate with their supervisor to adjust their schedule.

Have a safe holiday!

And then a little later, someone from one of the branches sent this e-mail:

We'll have no problem getting everyone out by 6:00, since all library branches close by 5:00 on Fridays. =)

;D

LOL ;D

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »

I have just ordered 2 tickets for RISE, the documentary film about the 1961 US figure skating team that died in a plane crash on their way to the world championships.  One of the tickets is a Christmas present for my mother, who made it clear that all she wants for Christmas is more time with me than she's had in the past several months.

Please tell your mother I say she is very lucky to spend so much time with you.  I wish I had a fraction of that with my children.  It is nice having Craig here if only for a short while.

And I am lucky to spend so much time with HER, DR Jane, given that she's 92 years old!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »

I agree.  It is hard on us living so far from our families.  Now our children have done to us what we did to our parents.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2010, 04:28:24 PM »

For Tomofoz

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »

Methinks the wraps are off the big Nick Redman (and Craig Spaulding) project to which Mr. BK alluded:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/homeentertainment/la-et-dvd-vintage-20101214,0,3289441.story

I, for one, am thrilled beyond measure.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2010, 04:35:36 PM »

Michael Shayne:  Get well soon!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »

Tonight is the annual flight home to South Carolina.

The past week has been EXHAUSTING.  So many things to do.  Today has been rather relaxing.  Have been packing in small doses.  I'll be picked up by shuttle in three hours.  My flight leaves at 9:40 p.m.   Will be in SC tomorrow morning around 10 a.m. est.

Am currently watching/listening to the Blu-ray of "Polar Express".

Earlier today, I dabbled with the Blu-rays of "Inception" and "Eclipse."

In both cases, there is far too much smoochy-smoochy stuff going down.  What is it today with films in which the actors have to smooch loudly and smackily?  I don't want to hear that stuff.

It's bad enough that the kisses go on and on and on...with all the slurpy/smacking sounds.

It really brings the films' proceedings to a screeching halt. 

Oh, well....

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »

Someone at my library emailed me. I think they found out what happened last week when my reservation went missing.

Apparently YA books are bought be the children's librarian.  The book I wanted was an adult book but it is under the young adult heading. So my reservation was in the adult suggestion box. And the person who got the book's suggestion was in the children's suggestion box.

Sort of a dumb system. The children's librarian said she would try to always check the adult suggestion box from now on so this didn't happen again.  And they will be computerizing suggestions (which they should have done long ago) hopefully soon.

I think it is nice they took the time to figure it out.  At least you know they didn't bump you intentionally.

Oh i knew they didn't bump me intentionally.  But I was mad especially since I had made the effort the week before to make sure my reservation was not lost.

I had no idea that the children's librarian had the YA book suggestions. So at least this cleared up a few things. Plus she sounded like she took my suggestions seriously.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »

I put Sondheim on Colbert to record. IT is marked for the Comedy network. Hopefully the shows are on the same day as the US.

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2010, 04:48:53 PM »

Someone at my library emailed me. I think they found out what happened last week when my reservation went missing.

Apparently YA books are bought be the children's librarian.  The book I wanted was an adult book but it is under the young adult heading. So my reservation was in the adult suggestion box. And the person who got the book's suggestion was in the children's suggestion box.

Sort of a dumb system. The children's librarian said she would try to always check the adult suggestion box from now on so this didn't happen again.  And they will be computerizing suggestions (which they should have done long ago) hopefully soon.

I think it is nice they took the time to figure it out.  At least you know they didn't bump you intentionally.

Oh and they only took the time to figure it out because i emailed them about it. But still it was good service and nice that they did it. I actually think that the children's librarian wanted to understand what had happened.

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »

Travel vibes to DR RonP! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »

DR Ben just telephoned me. He will E&T for the next couple of days. He is being admitted to Beth Israel Hospital for appendicitis.

The appendix is too inflamed to be removed so the doctors are treating it with large doses of antibiotics. In January they will assess the next step. We spoke very briefly and he is waiting for a room. I will talk to him tomorrow once he's settled. He expects to be in through Thursday or Friday.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »

DR Ben just telephoned me. He will E&T for the next couple of days. He is being admitted to Beth Israel Hospital for appendicitis.

The appendix is too inflamed to be removed so the doctors are treating it with large doses of antibiotics. In January they will assess the next step. We spoke very briefly and he is waiting for a room. I will talk to him tomorrow once he's settled. He expects to be in through Thursday or Friday.

:o

~~~SUPER HEALTH VIBES FOR DR BEN!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2010, 05:05:10 PM »

Oh dear! Vibes to DR Ben!!!!

Laura

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2010, 05:05:23 PM »

Safe travels, Ron Pulliam!

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »

Tonight is the annual flight home to South Carolina.

The past week has been EXHAUSTING.  So many things to do.  Today has been rather relaxing.  Have been packing in small doses.  I'll be picked up by shuttle in three hours.  My flight leaves at 9:40 p.m.   Will be in SC tomorrow morning around 10 a.m. est.

Am currently watching/listening to the Blu-ray of "Polar Express".

Earlier today, I dabbled with the Blu-rays of "Inception" and "Eclipse."

In both cases, there is far too much smoochy-smoochy stuff going down.  What is it today with films in which the actors have to smooch loudly and smackily?  I don't want to hear that stuff.

It's bad enough that the kisses go on and on and on...with all the slurpy/smacking sounds.

Oh, well....

Safe travels, Ron P and have a wonderful time!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2010, 05:13:33 PM »

OH NO!!!!   VIBES FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY FOR DR BEN~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2010, 05:15:11 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Tomovoz.....wherever you may be

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »

Crazy day.  Did my errands and whatnot, dealt with the CDR mono thing, which, as it turns out, is correct - the "stereo" LP release was mono, maybe gussied up with a little electronic processing.  So, mono it is, and we found two bonus tracks, which is fun.  Sent the CDR to the mastering guy, had a sandwich and onion rings, did the Costco run, got approval on the packaging of one release, and now am getting ready for tonight's release partay, which I'm sort of not even looking forward to going to.  I'll probably only stay an hour or so.  Also, the insured priority package that should have been here on Saturday (two packages were sent from the same person at the same time - one arrived on Saturday, the other is still MIA) - we called the post office and they said the insurance isn't trackable (even though the guy was told it was) and that we now get to play a waiting game for the next twenty-one days, which is the soonest a claim can be filed.  The post office thinks it will arrive.  I hope they're right.  Had a nice visit with Mr. Art Man and did do a trade and got two new fun pieces.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2010, 05:29:44 PM »

Safe travels, Ron Pulliam!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Travel Vibes to Ron! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34:29 PM »

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about DR Ben, but glad he's being treated!  It's a real bummer to get sick when you're already on vacation, though.

DR Elmore, thank you for keeping us informed - please give him best regards from Richard and me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2010, 05:36:40 PM »

Travel vibes for DR Ron Pulliam - wave when you fly over Ohio!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2010, 05:49:40 PM »

~~~Additional Travel Vibes for DR Ron Pulliam!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2010, 06:02:04 PM »

Does anyone still have an appendix?

Vibes for a complete recovery for DR Ben!

KevinH

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR Ben!

FJL

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »

Vibes to dear DR Ben!

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2010, 06:46:23 PM »

Did I mention that last night there was all kinds of racket going on, so I assumed that it was Ricky and got up all mad at him. I didn't realize until this morning that it was the deer!! They bent the metal shepard's hook holding my birdfeeder and drug the feeder out into the middle of the yard!  Good grief.  I think they are really hungry, but they are just causing too much damage this year.  I know it's the deer because there are tracks everywhere.   So no more food for the birds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »

Ricky was climbing the shelves in my closet and clothes were strewn on the floor, so he wasn't totally innocent

Jane

« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2010, 06:50:04 PM »

Oh, well....

You left out all the tongue licking. ;D

SAFE AND EASY TRAVELS!!!

Jane

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2010, 06:51:56 PM »

Thank you for the report.  I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has been worried.  January ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up